Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:21 AM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 29th Jul 2016 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Island Paradise
Default Solved! Is it safe to move Sims 3 Documents folders found in OneDrive to Documents folder on my laptop's hard drive?
For some reason my Sims 3 files automatically loaded itself into my OneDrive documents folder ( found here C:\Users\myname\OneDrive). I had no idea until I just got a message saying that i'm over my Onedrive storage limit. Hmmmm I have tons of space on my laptop. So why isn't/doesn't the sims 3 automatically load itself in my libraries Documents folder which is on my hard drive (found here C:\Users\myname)?

Is it safe to move the whole Electronic Arts folder which contains all of the sims 3 folders (Downloads, Mods, etc.) to my libraries Documents folder which would allow me to use all of the space on my hard drive (C:\Users\myname)?

Thanks for any help!
~Rena
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:21 AM
I'm wondering the same but moving it from the C: Drive to my 1 terabyte drive I installed.
Site Helper
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:41 PM
We don't know why the game sometimes decides to put things in One Drive or Public Documents rather than in your Documents, but yes, it is perfectly safe (and recommended) to move everything back to your regular Documents where it belongs. Igazor usually recommends disabling One Drive to prevent the game from finding it if you have no other need for it.

Moving it to a second drive would require moving your entire Documents folder over.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:05 PM
Well 1st you can disable OneDrive if you don't use it, go to the system tray, right click the OneDrive icon and there's option to disable it and prevent it from running when your Windows 10 started up..

The 2nd step if you want to move your "Documents" folder (including TS3 folder in it) to your other or secondary drive, go open your "C" drive, double click "User", double click "YourName", and you'll find "Documents".. "Download".. "Music".. "Pictures".. "Videos" folders in there, now if you want to move any of those folder to your second drive, 1st make an empty folder in your secondary drive and name it accordingly, make an empty "Documents" folder in your secondary drive if you want "Documents" folder to move there, and then go back to your C drive again.. (C:\Users\YourName), right click on it (Documents folder), click "Properties", and click "Location" tab, click the "Move" button, and then navigate to your empty "Documents" folder in your secondary drive, click yes to move everything to your secondary drive and then click "Apply", now everything you put in your Documents folder will go to your secondary drive..
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:34 PM
Thanks for all the help! I moved the whole of the sims 3 folder into my documents folder on my hard drive, but sims 3 launcher didn't recognize where the folder was it wouldn't allow me to play (rackin'-frackin'!)

So I uninstalled sims 3 and then changed auto save from OneDrive documents folder to my libraries folder, then unsync OneDrive, and then I had to disable it. It sounds easy but I was a googling fool last night

Some places led me to gpedit.msc which is not a part of windows 10 by default so I had to download it. So, followed directions in order to run gpedit.msc so I could find OneDrive on my computer and disable it. Annnd did all that just to find out OneDrive wasn't even listed n Windows Components (If I used foul language I would have been using it at this point).

So I finally right clicked on onedrive brought up its properties file explorer and in the system tray (i think it's called) and finally made certain nothing else would be automatically saved there Downloaded the sims 3 again and YAY!!! the Electronic Arts folder is in my library Documents folder