Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, University Life
Default Playing offline doesn't work because Origin
Hello!

I have just tried to start my game, but Origin always pops up and wants me to login. I don't want to login! I even tried the .exe to be able to play - nope. Origin wants me to login. I switched off internet and tried - noooope, origin wants me to login! ARRRRGH!

Has anyone had this issue and knows help?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 4:43 PM
For starters, what patch are you on?
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:08 PM
I'm on 1.69 and I just close the Origin window. The only time this doesn't work is when Origin insists on doing an update, which I could refuse before 1.69 but can't now.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:20 PM
I've played offline in my car and it always has me sign in. It's funny because when I first started trying to play offline I thought it was impossible because I'd always have the log in pop up as well. One time I just went ahead and logged in and was still able to play offline, it could just be a security thing not an internet thing...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:22 PM
You'll have to get Origin into offline mode by starting it up while your internet is working and then pressing Origin in the top left corner and then press go offline which is near the bottom. Afterwards you should be able to turn it off and play offline although if it does ask you for your password put it in and it should accept it as it checks it from your cookies. Hopefully this'll work for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 12:11 AM
I will try that - x-ing the origin pop up doesn't do anything, the launcher doesn't start.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 12:17 AM
I think you have to log in to Origin to play, but if your internet is off, you will be in offline mode and won't have to update Origin or anything. When I played a friend's game while cat sitting, i played all week offline, and the number of hours played did not change, so it seems off line Origin is not logging anything. You can close Origin as soon as your game launches.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 3:11 AM
This is the nature of Patch 1.69. Origin and the Launcher are required to startup the game, online or offline. There are no shortcuts, workarounds, or bypasses anymore, you cannot Advance to the Nearest Railroad, and you do not get §200 for passing Go.
Scholar
#9 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 1:36 PM
after 1.69 sneaky patch the game requires Origin services running (origin itself and updater) and there's no any legal way to workaround. The same deal like Sims 4 - you cannot get the cookie without the cockroach. A pack of them in fact.

Offline mode (like Steam offline) just disables connections' attempts from base service and IIRC this feature demands beign connected 1st to work properly, which has a bit of sense 'cause during this process you register the game with online service, however the updater still will stupidly try to connect from time to time regardless of status of connection and hardware. Even if the network is phisically disconnected or the card disabled, because - you know - reasons.

While you play really disconnected it is not a problem (except lost resources - the app is absurdly hudge - and potential applications' errors area ofc) playing connected in offline mode means you still have nice security hole and you're not really disconnected from Origin's blessings at all. It's like herpes you may not reveal symptoms still beign a carrier.

I really miss the times when the most dangerous things in the Internet were *this thing for the Net exists at all*, low humor, bomb-making manuals, absurd phone bills and common idiots... (these times never really existed but it's still a nice reminiscence )

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This is the nature of Patch 1.69. Origin and the Launcher are required to startup the game, online or offline. There are no shortcuts, workarounds, or bypasses anymore, you cannot Advance to the Nearest Railroad, and you do not get §200 for passing Go.

Dang it. I do have a 'Get out of jail' card, would that work?
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:20 PM
Logging in shouldn't be a too much of a big deal.....unless youre avoiding it for some reason...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 1:07 AM
Well, there are all the security holes, so... plus, I don't feel good if someone is peeking over my shoulder when I play. Especially not Origin.