Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 9:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Pets
Default I'm frusterated and lost. Please help? I give up..
I've tried my hardest to sit here and read all the threads and posts and look up instructions to try and figure out what the heck I'm doing but I can't seem to find the answer. I love the mod the sims 2 site and I'm downloaded many things that I was extremely excited to download and then it came time to install them so I of course downloaded the s2pack clean installer. I've read the directions and what not but I still honestly have NO idea what I'm doing. These are the two types of files I have
http://i30.tinypic.com/zuli80.jpg

When I click on the "PACKAGE file"'s the installer looks blank but it still has the option to install so I click it and it tells me it has installed.
For the "Sims 2 Installable Package" file it shows alot of things in the box.. What I'm assuming it's supposed to do. I hit install and do this for all my downloads and when I go to play the game NOTHING is there. And after hours or individually clicking everything and hitting install it's safe to say I was very frustrated. So much in fact I completely gave up on Sims and I love this game very much.

Yes this was a long post but ultimately a cry of help because I want so badly to play sims again and be happy with it.

Can someone PLEASE help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
-Thank you.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 9:30 PM
You don't need either S2PCI or the Maxis installer to install things into your game.

If you read the Game Help section, specifically the Installing Custom Content FAQ, it'll tell you how to install and get things working again.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 8:51 AM
In short : the .package files need to be placed in the downloads folder in order to work. No need to click on them.
The installable package DOESN'T need to be placed in Dwld folder. You need to double click on it and follow the install procedure, so the package files included will go in the appropriate game folder.
You need the cc you've installed to be compatible with the Ep's you have.
You need to enabled the cc (custom content) in the game options.

More ? :
http://freya.modthesims2.com/wiki.p...ame_Help:GCCTSU
http://freya.modthesims2.com/wiki.p...Fracking_Idiots

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:21 PM
I've re-read the fAQ and it seems that my files are different then the ones that are shown there no matter what I do to them. So not much help there... and as for pixelhate thank you but it didnt seems to want to work that way either. All my package files are in the Downloads folder and I made sure my custom content was enabled but nothing is working. Also when I try to use bodyshop to open them it acts like it's not even there. I double click something and it says that I have to double click a file to install it.
Sims obviously hates me. That or I'm just incredibly stupid. :/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 8:29 PM
This is not a S2PCI issue - moving to Game Help.

laurenlust, try going through the FAQs again making sure you do *everything* in them - don't just read, do them.

It sounds like you are missing a couple of steps along the way and thats confusing you.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laurenlust
I've re-read the fAQ and it seems that my files are different then the ones that are shown there no matter what I do to them.

Your files aren't different- they are .package files and I can see a Sims2Pack there too. It is the file extension that is relevant, not the icon that represents them.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 7:14 AM Last edited by JLonier : 21st Jun 2008 at 9:26 AM. Reason: removed file and snipped off topic comments
Here's what I always do that has kept me mostly satisfied: I have this great program called the sims2packer. It's just a simple program. All it does is import .PACKAGE files and export them as .sims2skin self-installing packages. I got it from the software section of the sims resource.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 7:28 AM Last edited by G.O.C. : 21st Jun 2008 at 8:29 AM. Reason: changed his sex :)
"bumblebee" he is already using "clean installer" which is the same sort of thing as your "sims2packer!" ( less complicated )

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:19 AM
Why not try the sims 2 file maid? When i first started playing sims and had no idea how to install downloaded stuff, i used that application.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 9:30 AM
Bumblebee, do not attach files for programs that do not belong to you. That's stealing. Additionally I took out your whole TSR is awesome rant because it's off topic and irrelevant. If anyone is interested in TSR and managed to navigate to this thread I'm sure they also know how to use google where it's simple enough to find them. Besides ALL MTS2 content is free ALL THE TIME so your point is completely meaningless.

laurenlust, please DO the steps in the threads pixelhate was kind enough to link you to. If you actually DO them you WILL get the custom content into your downloads folder and into your game. It's really not difficult if you just go slowly, read it all, and actually do what it tells you.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 6:21 PM
I'm sorry, I was just trying to help, because laurenlust seemed very unhappy and I know how that feels. And fyi I did not steal it, because I did NOT claim it was mine. It was just shareware, free to download as authorized by the creators. I see nothing wrong with it. Gee now I know what Delphy meant when he mentioned all the negativity on here.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 7:08 PM
What in the heck are you talking about bumblebee? Any negativity usually comes from members who fail to follow FAQs and get upset when they don't get instant help or from people demanding that downloads be fixed RIGHT NOW.

The moderators and staff do a great job and I for one appluad them, and I take offense to anybody saying that they don't do a great job here. They get no money, little to no thanks and are volunteers using up thier time and effort to help people.

Cut them - and the site - some slack will you. If you don't like it, you are free to go to TSR But somehow, I suspect that you'll still come here for the tutorials and the FAQs and the downloads and then appreciate just how good this place is.

The opening posters question has been answered. Thread locked.

Locked thread