Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:51 AM
Sims2Pack Clean Installer - Files couldnt be read
Hi guys, alright so I'm a noob at this...so bear with me.

I can't find any of the custom downloads in my sims 2 game. (Mostly just makeup and eye colors) When I have sims 2 open and I open Clean Installer I get this error message. *see attach file*

I don't know why I only get this error when I have my sims game open. Sims Clean Installer loads/reads just fine when I close the game so I don't think it's a symbol "@" "%" problem.

So yeah, for whatever reason the download never make it inside my game. I do have "Catalog Custom Content" on.

PS. I got this game passed down from my bestie since shes having fun on sims 3 now
anyways, she already register the code on EA and sims and b/c its already register I can't use it to make another account. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem...but I'm just throwing it out there.

Yes, helppppp!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:15 PM
When the game has a lock on the files, the operating system will not allow other programs to access those files. This is not a Clean Installer problem; you are just having problems enabling your custom content. Try this: Game_Help:GCCTSUwiki

Because this is not a tools issue: If you still can't get your custom content to show up, then please post in the appropriate forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 9:34 AM
Oh sorry.. I didn't know
I think I have a slight clue why it isn't working...

*see pic*

No files show up for me when I want to install. I tried this with multiple different custom made stuff from members and only 1 out of several showed up when I double click the package files. (that 1 successfully shows up in the game and plays just fine.)
Why is this?

Thanks for replying! Much appreciated!
Screenshots
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:07 PM
The Clean Installer installs Sims2Pack files; it will not "install" package files. Package files are installed by extracting them to your Downloads folder.

If you want to view all of your package files, run the Clean Installer from the menu (ie, do not double click on a file). In the upper right corner, you will find a drop-down box. You can choose to view everything in your Downloads folder, or in a subfolder of your Downloads, or several other folders. You can also choose "Browse..." and navigate to any folder on your computer.