Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 4:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
CAS Pets Advanced Mode Won't Work?
When I go to the advanced shape mode, nothing shows up. The horse looses the tack it has on it like it should but the panel to the left with all the options on it doesn't disappear and nothing else shows up. I've cleared caches and took out all mods and neither worked.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:25 PM
OK. Rename your current Sims 3 folder in Documents to something like Sims 3 Old
Now start up the game. It may take a little longer because it's creating a brand-new folder. (And a brand new folder does mean that all your settings and saved games are still in the old one, so they won't be showing up right now. They are gone, but not forever.)
Start a new game in one of the towns that are in that brand-new folder.
Try again.
If it works now, the problem is with something in your User Files. One folder at a time, move the contents of the folders from Sims 3 Old into the new one. Test after each folder. When it stops working, the problem is with the contents of the folder you just moved. Undo that move, put the rest of the files in, and then test again. It should still be working. If not, you have multiple problems. Undo the move and continue testing folders one by one until all the problem folders are out.

{b] Only if it did not work in a new game with new user files{/b] there might be a problem in the game files which would require a reinstall to fix.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
OK. Rename your current Sims 3 folder in Documents to something like Sims 3 Old
Now start up the game. It may take a little longer because it's creating a brand-new folder. (And a brand new folder does mean that all your settings and saved games are still in the old one, so they won't be showing up right now. They are gone, but not forever.)
Start a new game in one of the towns that are in that brand-new folder.
Try again.
If it works now, the problem is with something in your User Files. One folder at a time, move the contents of the folders from Sims 3 Old into the new one. Test after each folder. When it stops working, the problem is with the contents of the folder you just moved. Undo that move, put the rest of the files in, and then test again. It should still be working. If not, you have multiple problems. Undo the move and continue testing folders one by one until all the problem folders are out.

{b] Only if it did not work in a new game with new user files{/b] there might be a problem in the game files which would require a reinstall to fix.

I tried the vanilla sims and it worked for a long time while I was adding my old files until I got to Saves, Library, Mods, and Installed Worlds. I took out my mods and it worked fine. I'm scared that my downloaded world might be causing it, which is where I play. I haven't had a problem with it before tho.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:24 PM
If you took out your mods.....and it "worked fine" then it's a MOD causing the problem. Use the 50 percent method to figure out which mod is causing the problem.