Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR on while playing Sims 3 on Windows 10
I've never seen this error on Windows 7. I have a new laptop that came with the dreaded Windows 10 and I get this "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" when I'm playing Sims 3. No, Microsoft didn't make drivers for this computer for windows 7, so retrograde to windows 7 isn't an option (I tried it with an external hard drive... it runs, but no network drivers, among other problems).

Symptoms: The screen blinks a few times, but eventually throws this error on a Win 10 version of the blue screen of death, and reboots. Game ends, no save. I hear someone Cursing Bill Gates but I'm afraid it is me.

Any solutions? Anyone see this error?

I just had an inspiration: make a Bill Gates sim, and use the Custom Content voodoo doll to torture that sim. I'm not bitter or anything.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:47 AM
This "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" when you're playing Sims 3, is it only happening when you play the game or did you also run something in the background such as Fraps or other video recording program?

if you want to retrograde to Win 7, there should be Win 7 drivers available for your laptop, Microsoft didn't make drivers for any specific laptop or computer but base drivers for any laptop or computer to use (before installing the proper drivers from the hardware manufacturer), so all you need to do to get the proper drivers for your laptop, is to go to the hardware manufacturer website to download them..

If you have Intel processor platform go to Intel for your Intel's chipset motherboard, storage controller and on chip graphic drivers, if you have AMD processor platform go to AMD for your AMD's chipset motherboard, storage controller and on chip graphic drivers, if you have Nvidia or AMD dedicated gpu, go to Nvidia or AMD for your dedicated gpu's driver..

The same thing also for the rest of your hardware devices.. for your LAN controller.. your WIfi controller.. your Soundcard controller.. your Touchpad, finger prints device etc, you can get these drivers from their hardware manufacturer or your laptop manufacturer.. but not from Microsoft as they only provided base or general drivers so your OS can run before you install the proper drivers your laptop need to have..
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 8:38 PM
There is a way to revert to win 7. I have done it 3 times now because my vid card hates 10. I am trying to remember HOW I did it. It's a simple thing lol but my blondness is working overtime atm.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:14 PM
Yeah, it only happens when I run the Sims 3, and I have nothing else running intentionally. I suppose Microsoft is running all kinds of stuff.

This laptop came with Windows 10. I don't think Windows 10 supports it, nor does Dell have windows 7 drivers for it.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Yeah, it only happens when I run the Sims 3, and I have nothing else running intentionally. I suppose Microsoft is running all kinds of stuff.

This laptop came with Windows 10. I don't think Windows 10 supports it, nor does Dell have windows 7 drivers for it.

If you can post your Dell Laptop model or detail spec (or DeviceConfig or DxDiag screenshot) it would be easier for me to help you find the Windows 7 drivers you need..
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 7:03 AM
I googled the error message and there are fixes available, ranging from the easy "update your drivers" to the time-intensive "reinstall Windows." At least one search result dates back to 2013, so this isn't just a Windows 10 error. Have you checked to make sure your drivers are updated, before you go through the trouble of reverting a computer that never had Windows 7 on it in the first place?

I have Windows 10 on my laptop, and TS3 runs fine for me. Hopefully you will be able to get yours working as well.