Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 8:21 AM Last edited by speeddemonbk : 4th Aug 2009 at 8:00 PM. Reason: missed a rule of gameplay
Default Steal Your Neighbors House...
I was messing around and challenged myself to take everything possible from the neighbors house to fill my own. It was interesting to watch what my little klepto sims took.

To start out:

Make as many sims as you would like in CAS. The challenge will move quicker if you make them all adults as your Sim can only steal 3 things a night.

They may wear whatever you'd like, and they can have whatever traits you choose with the exception of one must be the kleptomaniac trait.

Next, when you are happy with your Sims, you may choose a house or a lot. It must not be furnished.

You may build just the shell of your house, if you choose to build it. You may buy flooring, windows, doors and wallpaper (or paint) as you'd like.

You may only have items per room as follows:

Kitchen:
Counters
One Refridgerator
One Stove
One light
One sink

Livingroom:
No furniture except a light

Bedroom:
One bed per Sim
One light per bedroom

Bathroom:
One tub/shower
One toilet
One light

When you are ready to set your thieves free, pick a house to target. I chose my neighbor because it was close but you can target whoever's house you'd like. Once you have chosen, you must only go to that house to steal. No jumping around the neighborhood!

To make your sim steal, it must be after 7pm. I made my Sims go over at 6 so they'd be there by 7. When you arrive and get invited inside, you must go where there are no sims, such as a room. Once there click anywhere on the floor and you should see a pie menu option to "Swipe Something..." You cannot control what your Sim takes. Young Adult Sims can take up to three items per night, while teens can only take two. Head home when you are done.

You can find what your Sims stole in the family inventory bin. (It's located in the buy mode, its a box icon on the lowest tab) Place as you like. Keep doing this until you have their whole house in yours!

Extra Rules:
You may not enter buy mode at any time (except to access your inventory).

You may enter build mode only to install windows, flooring, doors, walls, and to paint or wallpaper.

Your sim may work but you may not spend the money on furnishings.

Your Sim must not return any stolen goods. Even if it shows up in their wants.

You can consider the challenge passed when you have everything from your target house! I hope you have fun trying it out!!

"You've only had Sims 3 for 6 hours and you're already cheating?" Yep.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 8:38 AM
*laughs* Shame that this isn't a "clear out the community lot" challenge. My klepto sim has stolen nearly everything from the gym. O.o;; I may have to do this some time, just for kicks. :D

The voices in my head say you're the weird one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 5:12 AM
Well, you certainly can adapt it to do that lol I never thought about it. The same rules would apply I would think.

Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:13 AM
I stripped the gazebo dry, and ::cough:: the cemetery.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I stripped the gazebo dry, and ::cough:: the cemetery.

Are you remaking the cemetery on your lot?

The voices in my head say you're the weird one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:23 AM
Maybe someone should start a "steal from community lots" challenge.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DBZMerciter2005
Are you remaking the cemetery on your lot?

Lol too funny. Wonder if the ghosts would stay outside or help themselves to your toilet? (My house was haunted and thats the first thing they made float lol)

Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by speeddemonbk
Well, you certainly can adapt it to do that lol I never thought about it. The same rules would apply I would think.

lol xD what a nice simmie. I can imagine a sim knicking everything from every house and community lot until there was just a few walls left and trees Pmsl

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diamond123Girl
lol xD what a nice simmie. I can imagine a sim knicking everything from every house and community lot until there was just a few walls left and trees Pmsl

Good Idea! That sounds funny, if I get bored I'll try it lol. My sims may not be able to walk on their lot cause it'd be crowded but at least they can say they have everything lol. :D

Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:36 AM
I have to try this Sound extremely funny and I always wanted my sims to be able to steal things in sims2.

Some questions, can you steal from community lots?
How does the target sims react then you steal, assuming you don’t get caught in the act? My guess is that they don’t react, but they react then they have present need of the fridge or toilet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
Some questions, can you steal from community lots?
How does the target sims react then you steal, assuming you don’t get caught in the act? My guess is that they don’t react, but they react then they have present need of the fridge or toilet.

If you are doing this challenge as I originally wrote it, then no you may not steal from the community because your goal is to steal from a residence. The family my sim stole from hardly noticed that they kept dropping by and stealing their belongings. I assume they can lead normal lives without their fridge, I never noticed mine dying or anything of hunger. (probably because its a game and they are "taken care of" when not the active household, like on Sims 2) but I'm not entirely sure.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 5:28 PM
hahahahaha
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:30 PM
I think I'll give this one a try...sounds pretty fun.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 8:45 PM
Ha! This sounds like great fun! Never played with a klepto sim before, let alone a small family (I'm going with three.) Is there a time limit on this or is it a free for all?
Great idea! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:06 PM
I tried this once before and I encountered a few probems. I could only steal three things a day, also, when I had been stealing for a while, it wouldn't let me steal anything from anywhere. Plus I was only ever able to steal rubbish things like lamps and window curtains,

But apart from that it sounds great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 3:45 AM
There is no set time limit. Yes, it takes forever for one sim to take the whole lot. That's why I suggested more than one. A family who steals together...

Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 4:13 AM
Haha sounds fun, im going to be starting this.
Will try to post pics, but my graphics are horrid.
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 5:06 AM
haha - this is good. I'm going to make a gang of kleptos and let them lose on townie families.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 4:03 AM
oh i have to do this
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#20 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:45 PM
One question: How do you make your Sim steal a fridge? I had one kleptomaniac Sim that I made to do something similar (his home is now very colourful, because I stole everything from different houses and the directive was not to CASt anything), but there were several things I could never steal: Fridges, containers (shelves, bookcases, chests, Nectar shelves) and beds. Neither could I take counters with sinks on top of them, nor the sinks themselves.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:30 AM
Just have to add another Hahahaha. Really funny challenge, I think I may try it.
Theorist
#22 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 8:53 AM
Nice challenge. I usually have my thiefing Sims steal objects from community lots than neighbors though... Since it usually have fewer people and it's easier to nick some stuffs. Unfortunately, community lots don't usually have objects that's going to be useful for homes
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 4:48 PM
I think the fridge have immunity to certain things, like stealing and fires. It is to make sure nobody starves to death.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:36 PM
Doing this challenge has reaffirmed something I have known for a while now. My sims are idiots. I was robbing the Landgraab house, and my sims had two things left to steal in the room. A sconce, and a flat screen TV. Try to guess what my sim decided to take.....
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#25 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:58 AM
That's an easy one to guess, because Sims are not stupid. They know that a flat screen TV will just increase your bills
Page 1 of 2