Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 11:45 AM Last edited by whiterider : 6th Oct 2009 at 12:16 AM.
Default New Community Finds system online
Those of you who are veterans from Sims Community may remember that we had a "Finds" system on the site where we posted finds from throughout the community. These where staff submitted, and the system was stopped at the end of last year.

I am pround to announce that a new style Finds system is now online. This system is much enhanced from the old system, and has the following features:
  • Search for Finds by Site, text, or game
  • Users can now submit finds!
  • The Finds system is now integrated into the MTS layout
  • Latest finds appear on the MTS homepage
  • Finds are now in specific categories - so you can only view Finds for Housing, for example

I think you'll agree that the new system is much more usable than the old, especially when you want to search for specific finds or only finds from a certain site.

I'd like to encourage people to submit thier own finds, but remember that the system is still moderated by MTS staff and we have rules and guidelines for submissions. Please note that unlike the moderation queue, Finds submitted by members do not get any kind of PM notification about the status of pending finds, or when a find is rejected. All of the rules and guidelines for finds are listed in the "Submit" page (available to MTS members only) - remember that you must read the rules before submitting a Find, they are there for a reason!

I hope you enjoy the new system, and that you find some good content from it!

The URL is http://www.modthesims.info/finds or you can use the link on the Finds tab on the front page.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
15 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 11:50 AM
Excellent addition - I hardly leave MTS so this is a great way for stick-in-the-muds like me to find new content for my game.

Thanks

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Anime Addict
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 11:52 AM
Nice new feature D, I'll be submitting some of my favourites quite soon. :D

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 12:29 PM
Awesome, I used to love the finds page! XD

^_^
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 2:54 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! ;D

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 3:55 PM
This is a great (and very useful) feature, thanks!
Helptato
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 4:01 PM
Is it only for freesites? *hopes it is*

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 4:25 PM
Sparklycookie - http://www.modthesims.info/finds/submit

See #3 there. Free content only. Free content on pay sites is okay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:32 PM
But, but, I'm trying to cut down on downloads! Great idea, MTS! I hope we'll see finds from international sites that many of us might not otherwise have visited.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Theorist
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 6:44 PM
It would be great to see something of this nature be added to the iMTS page too.. just a thought

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Banned
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:12 PM
Great new feature Delphy! Wow, you just keep improving the site in every possible way!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 11:22 PM
Awesome, it took me like, 5 minutes to understand just what it was XD, but now that i get it, AWESOME!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 11:26 PM Last edited by sailfindragon : 3rd Oct 2009 at 8:06 AM.
This is a fantastic new addition to MTS

However when I tried to add a https:// link to a find, it says it is an invalid url.

Unfortunately my entire site runs on a SSL, so "s" has to be included in https://

You can find some of my creations here and the rest over at the following Dragon Black Sims
Banned
#14 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:45 AM
what is the meaning of the little numbers and thumbs up, thumbs down?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:51 AM
You can vote on whether or not you like the 'find'. Hover your mouse over the thumbs.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Banned
#16 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 2:24 AM
I see that you can only vote once on a find, can you vote on your own submitted finds?
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:40 PM
Great feature!

I however notice that some of the finds are labeled wrong what game they are for - some sims2 are labeled sims3 and vice versa.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:49 PM
Apsalar: Which ones? I can't see any obvious ones on the browse page.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 6:59 PM
I checked again, and this one is wrong - it's listed as sims2 but it's in fact sims3: http://www.modthesims.info/finds/find/233
The other ones I possibly misread, sorry.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 7:52 PM
Thanks, I've fixed that one.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 12:49 PM
I don't remember any Find feature from last year, but then again, I hardly remember what I ate this morning
And like joninmobile said, MTS keeps getting better and better.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Scholar
#22 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 2:05 AM
I'm getting a 403 Forbidden on all the links...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 2:20 AM
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 11:22 AM
make that three
Not actually evil.
#25 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 7:02 PM
Finds links work fine for me. Yesterday, Delphy was doing some site maintenance, so maybe that's why you all had that error.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Page 1 of 2