Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:11 PM
We need to know which mods still work after this patch and which not. I tried with "Instant Skills and Fast Increment Skill Gain!" and this doesn't work in fact the skill list look empty and you can't receive any skill points. The "Inteen" doesn't work and make the game crashing on the loading screen. "SolaceInSound's Money Mod" works fine. That's all I tested. Anyone can say his experience?
Quote: Originally posted by MaidenM
I am about to try running the game with only three mods now (that I've tested already, they work fine. The toddler training mods).

Can you tell us exactly which mods you tested?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:16 PM
Have you tried disabling CC from the launcher then trying, it has worked for some folks. Another thing that has worked for some according to the forum on EAUK is to move the entire sims3 folder from my documents and force the game to produce a new one.

Invalid file when trying to install the patch according to EAUK is probably due to CC which may have impacted or corrupted game files, re-install seems to be the only offerred solution.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by franziska1985
We need to know which mods still work after this patch and which not. I tried with "Instant Skills and Fast Increment Skill Gain!" and this doesn't work in fact the skill list look empty and you can't receive any skill points. The "Inteen" doesn't work and make the game crashing on the loading screen. "SolaceInSound's Money Mod" works fine. That's all I tested. Anyone can say his experience?

Non mosaic, Delphy's breast slider and Johna's various body sliders work, same sex prgnancy doesn't
Test Subject
#79 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:26 PM
the only issue with mine as usual was with the gabriel core mod, everything works extremely fine though!!! hehe
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:30 PM
Default No Social Interactions
I had two issues, one I was able to resolve another still bugging. I patched the game without my mod folder and it worked fine. I stupidly did NOT backup my save games Everything loaded fine but when I noticed my family sim could Not interact with other sims. Removed all hacks/mods except for Titled Ears and Delphys Breast hacker. My sims were able to interact again. I'll keep testing to see what mods were causing that issue and post it here. Now the only remaining bug is that I can't save directly. I have to Save as... or else I get error 16.

The mods I removed and will be testing to find the culprit :
Fish Don't Die
Ghost Reaction Remover
hryniuk-NoRouteFailAnimation
NoCasAgeStagger
woohoobaby
nomosaic
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by franziska1985

I used the Teach to walk x10, Teach to talk x10 and Pottytrain x10 (yes, I have low patience with toddlers). These three worked absolutely fine for me.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Test Subject
#82 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:33 PM Last edited by keixi : 17th Nov 2009 at 11:19 PM.
My game loads up and runs fine, but all my sims personality traits and lifetime achievement thingys have disappeared. Like, disappeared from the game entirely. No sims have personality traits, and if I create new sims, the personality trait list is empty. ;_;
Mad Poster
#83 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmiMizuno

The mods I removed and will be testing to find the culprit :
Fish Don't Die
Ghost Reaction Remover
hryniuk-NoRouteFailAnimation
NoCasAgeStagger
woohoobaby
nomosaic

To save you some time, I have Fish Don't Die and the NoRouteFailAnimation, and my patched game seems to work fine, so hopefully they'll be OK for you too. The only mod or cc that doesn't work for me, is Awesomemod - hope they update that soon, as I feel a bit lost without it!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:46 PM
AmiMizuno

Non mosaic works fine. The non interact is a result of any social mods, same sex or teen pregnancy cause this problem, I did test same sex and that is what happened. I assume when you deleted your mods you also delete script cache or it will still be there.
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Oh, um. Scriptcache. Leave the rest.

As for the patch log, I can never get one to show up, but if you search for it, it should show up, probably in "Application Data". When the patch stops, does it leave the load bar or immediately go to the installer and the error? If it leaves the bar, note what file it stopped on- that's the one that needs replacing.

The load bar goes by too fast for me to read it. And now I can't get The Sims 3 to start up. I get a black windowed screen and then it immediately disappears.
Test Subject
#86 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 9:11 PM
Does anyone know if "Various Maid Mods *Fixed broken flavor*" works?
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 9:33 PM Last edited by AmiMizuno : 17th Nov 2009 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Info
Default Social Interaction
EsmeraldaF: Thanks for the tip! And they do work just fine for me too.
baileywll: You Sir are correct . I just tested both of my social mods and they were causing the problem.

The mods that caused the social interaction bug :

Ghost Reaction Remover

woohoobaby

In conclusion, if you patch the game remove these mods as they are not patch compatible.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:33 PM
Default Question about facial sliders-is awesomemod the only option?
Does anyone know if awesomemod has the only facial slider?

Since Twalian's storyprogression mods are already updated for the patch, I would probably go ahead and use the new patch since I only use awesomemod for the the facialslider and cas benefits. However, if there is a working alternative, i might consider updating anyway.

I don't want to lose my current family, as I've been able to achieve a few very pretty asian sims for a story I am working on.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:39 PM
I did my patch it turns out my gameplay file was corrupt then my game would not load so I took out awesome mod and it worked.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:41 PM
Hitomimegami

Not sure if it is relevant to you, patch etc was ok but lots loaded slow, so decided to get the latest video driver update from Nvidia for my GEforce 7300GT, driver was issued in Oct this year. After installing it the EA launcher came up, clicked to run then black screen and didn't load. Maybe a bad download from Nvidia or not supported by EA Sims3. Rolled back to previous and it was OK again.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#91 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:42 PM
Yes, you can't leave behaviour mods in when you patch or install EPs.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Banned
#92 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:47 PM
Graphics drivers are very very iffy. Any errors you get where something looks wrong will almost 100% of the time be their fault, and you might need to get the newest ones or roll back to old ones until it works. just be careful to get the right ones. A patch can easily tweak some things that will screw up which ones do and don't work, is all.
Test Subject
#93 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:49 PM
I've found I'm going to have to do a big mod overhaul. The thing is, I only had three mods...and I took them out. The game works just fine when I take out my mods folder, but I'm still working on what CC could be causing the trouble -- if any.
Test Subject
#94 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:56 PM
If you want to remove the patch you can always use System Restore. It removes recent changes to the computer and games, but it does not remove any of your documents.
I highly suggest this, and wait intill EA fixes this wacky patch.

~You have been Imperialized! Good day to you sir!~
Test Subject
#95 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 12:02 AM
i got WA today, installed the game, installed the patch, but now my game won't load so i can play, and i cannot install any of the items i bought from the online store. i had to uninstall my games completely....
Banned
#96 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nexyDemonNexyRiaku
i got WA today, installed the game, installed the patch, but now my game won't load so i can play, and i cannot install any of the items i bought from the online store. i had to uninstall my games completely....

You don't need to install the patch when you install the game. Patches are included with new expansions, and each expansion will get you as up to date as possible at the time of release.
Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 12:12 AM
well i also had behavior mods installed, so i purged my computer of said files, so hopefully it will work now, because i have waited all damn day to play this (sorry for cussing) and now i am having major issues, so i was irritated anyway
Test Subject
#98 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 1:55 AM Last edited by grtninja : 18th Nov 2009 at 2:00 AM. Reason: added btw
Default Gameplay.package has got to be the culprit!
Quote: Originally posted by Emimori
I did my patch it turns out my gameplay file was corrupt then my game would not load so I took out awesome mod and it worked.

I had the same problems, after patch the game would stop at the end of the loading screen. I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled and then updated directly to 1.6, but not before backing up my town, mods, and various screenshots. then i proceeded to put the mods folder back, but without changing any of the program's data. all the mods, hair, nomosaic, all worked, but i have a household with a happy 3 way going on, so i tried adding gameplay.package from the polygamy mod, and it froze at the loading screen again.
as a certified computer geek, here's my answer: EA probobly put in a bit of code that checks to see if your gameplay.package is the one they gave you, during loading. so someone needs to rewrite that file to make it work again and have behavioral mods work again. im certain some mom got pissed when her son was whacking his weezel to a mod he found, and tried to sue EA.

BTW it's called stealth patching, patch in a bunch of awesome stuff to retract from what you're taking away, then leave that little bit of information out to see who complains that it's gone. problem with that theory is: most players are adults and actually want these kinds of mods. it's just too bad that some chicken-headed mama decided to pitch a b!tch
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:17 AM
I think most mods have stopped working except for a few simple ones. I know that Twallan and Pescado had to update all theirs and the teen romance mods are all being updated. Check with the person who made the mod and see if and when they are updating. I really don't think its a conspiracy since it happened after almost every EP with Sims 2.
Banned
#100 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:21 AM
I doubt it's caused by "overprotective moms threatening to sue".

It's probably because gameplay.package is a core file. And they did not build the game to recognize your custom one.
Page 4 of 6