Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 4:30 AM
Default science hobby...
It shows in the hobby of science a few pics of microscope and such- does that mean theres microscopes and things that can be used to raise thier science interest? Other then telescope I can't see anything that would raise it. Any ideas? I can't seem to search for bugs...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 4:39 AM
The ant farm does...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 6:07 AM
Try making a knowledge sim to raise the chances.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 10:21 AM
Weather channel also does if you have Seasons...

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:11 PM
Does anyone know any other activities to satisfy the Science hobby? I have two sims whose natural calling is Science and all they seem to be able to do is use the telescope!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:26 PM
Yeah, so far science seems to have a lot less options to engage in than the other hobbies. It's a shame they didn't make the microscope a working one. The only actions I have seen raise science enthusiasm is stargazing with telescope or on the ground, watching the weather channel and making medicine with the BioLab. I'm hoping that when I get the Prima Guide that they will list a few more activities, cause so far science really seems to be lacking when compared to all the other hobbies.

Dream
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Yeah, so far science seems to have a lot less options to engage in than the other hobbies. It's a shame they didn't make the microscope a working one.

it hasa lot of options but they aren't obvious (changing weather increases science enthusiasm for example)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 1:25 PM
Don't they have like hobby decor? Like a decor item of tools or something, and the sim looks at it and the enthusiam does up? I'm sure that happened when I was playing that Mole guy.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:35 PM
Meh, I can't even get my science sims to use the telescope, the action promptly drops from the queue.
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:42 PM
If you're a toddler not the blocks that come in the new activity table with the expansion pack, but the orginal item... oh dear what is it called, you know, the cute little one with the red top where the lil toddlers but the shapes into the correct slots?
LMFAO. A+ description right?
anyways, it raises logic and gives science points.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:24 PM
also once you get the option for subscribing to magazines (this one takes forever to earn enthusiasm pts.), and blogging on the computer help you earn pts. too.

Love yourself for who you are
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM
I found that ant-farm and telescope works good. After you study those long enough, you can go to the science club and from there, they will pretty much give you a good idea on what else you can work with.
Inventor
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 10:59 PM
The option to Read Section... also pops up in the newspaper once your sim has sufficient points (haven't checked how many) in that area.

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Alchemist
#14 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 5:39 PM
apparently woohoo works too