Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 6:34 PM
Default Does anyone merge this type of Mods?
I wonder if anyone combines their game-play altering mods together? (Via S3pe) I usually merge plenty of cc such as CAS stuff or Buy/build stuff, but never those others (I attached an image as an example of what kind of mods I'm talking about)
If someone does merge that stuff, have all those mods usually worked fine?
So, anybody there ready to share some advice about this
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 6:47 PM
I have done in the past but updating was rather irritating this way, so I stopped. Overall, it worked fine, as long as you keep a backup of which mods did you merge with what. Otherwise finding out why different merged packages might conflict is a pain in the proverbial backside.
However, if that's all the mods you use that aren't merged, it won't make a difference anyway. I think it only gives a boost once you have more than a 100? Someone else might know better.
Theorist
#3 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 7:04 PM
It works fine to merge mods, I've done it for ages. I always keep the single files separately though.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 7:12 PM
I never merged major mods that I know will need updating with new patches, but I have merged others that were already stable, and no issues. Now that the patch situation is more or less done with, I'll probably merge the rest as well.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I have done in the past but updating was rather irritating this way, so I stopped. Overall, it worked fine, as long as you keep a backup of which mods did you merge with what. Otherwise finding out why different merged packages might conflict is a pain in the proverbial backside.
However, if that's all the mods you use that aren't merged, it won't make a difference anyway. I think it only gives a boost once you have more than a 100? Someone else might know better.

Oh those I listed as example are just half of the mods I use, there are too many to show them all I considered merging them so the game doesn't have load so many package files since all my other cc is merged except those.

Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
I never merged major mods that I know will need updating with new patches, but I have merged others that were already stable, and no issues. Now that the patch situation is more or less done with, I'll probably merge the rest as well.

Exactly - I plan not to update my mods anymore since I won't patch. Though if I did decide to do so I'll just make sure to keep backup folder where all those mods are separately like 310175 mentioned.

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
It works fine to merge mods, I've done it for ages. I always keep the single files separately though.

Huh? which mods are "single files" this sounds unfamiliar to me.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 12:06 PM
A single file is a file which you haven't merged.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
A single file is a file which you haven't merged.

wow, I sure asked a really stupid question.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, it's much apreciated