Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:40 PM
Default Sims not have a hobby?!
I am so confused.
I have bought everything and done everything for my sim family to try as a hobby... the mom likes music & dance, the daughter likes art, the son likes nature but the dad dislikes everything! Am I not doing something right? Or could it be possible for a sim not to have a hobby? I've seriously tried them all.
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:07 PM
I'm not sure. I've heard more people are experiencing that. It's probably a glitch. Either that, or your sim dislikes leisure time. XD
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 7:12 PM
I have a sim who seems to have the same problem. I've tried everything but nothing seems to trigger that he likes it. Ofcourse, he's a grumpy zombie sim, so it might just be that he really does dislike leisure time :P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 7:15 PM
Yeah. I've got the same thing. I'm using the Traveller family you get with BV and I've tried all the hobbies with the mom, and she doesn't like any of them. And I'm yet to find a favourite for the other two also. Probably a bug.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 7:31 PM
Try turning on boolprop and manually adjusting the enthusiasm. If you adjust the predestined hobby, it'll show up on the enthusiasm bar. I'm not sure why nothing else will trigger it, though.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TaylaJay
Yeah. I've got the same thing. I'm using the Traveller family you get with BV and I've tried all the hobbies with the mom, and she doesn't like any of them. And I'm yet to find a favourite for the other two also. Probably a bug.

In my game, the mum is into dance and music, the dad is into arts and craft, and the kid is into sports. Try those again - if it's dictated by personality, then it should be the same in everyone's game.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:50 PM
The mom has got 4 bars in music and dance and it hasn't shown that it's her predestined one, and the child has one in sports and it hasn't shown. I don't get it.
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:27 PM
I didn't know they are supposed to have one.. My new sim doesn't..
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 7:36 PM
The Traveller family that I've played all haven't got predestined hobbies, but the two children I made them have, do have. Um..?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 7:49 PM
Download the object from Simwardrobe that allows you to change the predestined object. There's an option on it to report what the current hobby is.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho