Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#276 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:50 AM
I went out and bought Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and L.A. Noire for my gaming PC because I only had them on console.

GUESS WHAT?

None. NONE of them would install correctly. L.A. Noire asks for disc two and then DOES NOTHING. Fallout 3: GOTYE does the same thing but actually installs before freaking WIPING THE GAME FROM THE SYSTEM. WHAT IS THIS. New Vegas just spins and grinds a little. And the games are all brand new, never been used.

I have a headache the size of a fucking mountain right now . . . I CAN PLAY BATTLEFIELD 3 AND METRO 2033 AND CRYSIS ON MAX SETTINGS WITH NO LAG! AT ALL! ON A SIX YEAR OLD COMPUTER! COME ON!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Scholar
#277 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
Aaw, I wouldn't worry, unless you're using your asylum challenge as a platform for neo-nazi rants or something (just kidding here, in case it didn't come across), I don't think that anyone would mind at all, and it would help you out too. After all, if it's your writing skills or sense of storytelling or something like that which you're worried about, then posting would be a good chance it get some positive feedback and constructive criticism to help you improve your writing through practice. If it's something else you're worried about, well, it's still no big deal, since, after all, you are fairly anonymous here unless you choose to be otherwise, and (if accidentally offending someone is what you're worried about), the people here are fairly forgiving.
Just take the plunge I say (though I do also get what you mean about feeling shy about putting out something, I feel it sometimes too).

I mostly worry about if I didn't post it somewhere still no one would read it.

And no neo-nazi-ism (I don't think that's a word) here Though, one of the patients in my asylum likes to cheat at chess a lot. >_>
Mad Poster
#278 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 9:13 PM
(It's a word: Neo-nazism: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neo-nazi)

Vent: I want to stay home! I don't want to leave my comfortable home! I'm tired! I want to veg! I don't want to go out!!!!!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#279 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 9:32 PM
Then don't! :D

I missed one freakin' problem on my math homework because I added wrong. -.-
Test Subject
#280 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:02 PM
My dad is a jerk. Just sayin'. My parents are in the process of a divorce and have been seperated since April of last year. My mom found out he was cheating on her with some blonde skank at his job. She's married too, and by the way her first born is not really her husbands. She cheated on him when they were engaged and he ended up forgiving her and adopting the son. Skank. Anyway, my mom hates the bastard, thinks hes a disgusting pig. I think so too. He has been so self centered and judgemental of me because of my Christianty telling me I live in a "a tiny box, and that I need to experince the world around me and I'm naive". Ughh! Now with my parents in the process of an legal divorce hes being an even bigger jerk. He had the nerve to try to get full custody of my little brother and I! In December I found the skank's son on Facebook and decided to message him about what his mother and my father were up to. Since my father has been trying to play happy family with her and her sons. The skank didn't even tell them about it! So my father gets pissed and texts my phone saying, "I'm going to shut off your phone, what kind of Christian are you. I'm calling your Pastors and youth leaders since you need to be punished" And he would not let up, he kept at it until 2 in the morning until finally my mom called the police. He's making my life more complicated than it should be! My mom's sister just died in a fire Thursday and he has the nerve to tell her that he doesn't want her! I just am so done with him and I want to punch him in his smug little face!

Tinúviel elvanui
Elleth alfirin edhelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
A renc gelebrin thiliol...
Mad Poster
#281 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
@Frankokomodo - Thanks for the thought, but I've blown this off for over a month and ....have to go. It's just that it's dark, it's cold and I just want to sleep. Maybe I'm a bear, really, and need to hibernate.

Sorry about your one problem on your test. Hopefully it doesn't drag the grade down too much. I hate it when I make little errors like that and they, along with errors in cosigns, are some of the most common.

@ Sirenscence - Your family is really hurting. I'm sorry about the loss of your aunt as well as your parents' divorce. And I'm sorry you are so unhappy with your dad.

For what it's worth, here are a couple of websites for teens who are in the midst of dealing with divorcing parents: http://www.freewebs.com/teenagetalk/ and http://www.divorceonline.com/whats-...or-a-while.html

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#282 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirenescence
In December I found the skank's son on Facebook and decided to message him about what his mother and my father were up to. Since my father has been trying to play happy family with her and her sons. The skank didn't even tell them about it! !

Wow your whole situation sounds rotten and so painful and not your fault. I'm so sorry,that this happened to you.

I can only advise you as much as you can, to try to refrain from doing things in anger because you are mad at your dad. This must be very difficult for you. I hope things are better for you real soon.
Mad Poster
#283 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 1:55 AM
I just saw a dog get hit by a car. It's okay, it's not hurt, just a little shaky, but I can't find the owner anywhere. (Maybe because it's nearly two in the morning, but still. I go to lock the door to my shop and there it happens.)

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#284 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:25 PM
aww, puppy
Scholar
#285 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 11:09 AM
The ceiling fan at work is spinning, I'm staring right at the switch it currently is off. There's no breeze even if there is no breeze would trun the fan... >< 4 hours till I am off, 3 hours till sun rise starts. ::takes a deep breath:: This just started the fan hasn't been doing this all night long.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#286 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 8:46 PM
Payday today... guess what? Not only have they taken off the bonus that THEY got wrong in the first place (they paid us too much and knew about it before they even paid us last month), which I knew about, they've also deducted over £100 because I was off sick. Company sick pay?? Nil.
Hey, I didn't choose to go break my toe, it was an accident. I get a sick note (from the doc at the fracture clinic), so do everything by the book, and what do I get for it? 80% of my normal monthly wage...
I knew I wouldn't get the full amount, but still...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Scholar
#287 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:30 PM
I have to right a stupid paper on what learning styles are and what my personal learning style is. -.- I hate writing papers! D:
Instructor
#288 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 4:53 PM
I went to San Francisco yesterday and after the convention, my work friends and I decided to go to Little Italy while we were walking through China Town I got nailed by a pigeon. YARG.
Scholar
#289 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 5:09 PM
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i...current=WTF.jpg

No wonder half the time you can't properly find sheet on google. I'm minding my own business trying to find a picture for someone to do a cosplay, then BAM a picture unrelated to what I am looking for sticks out like a sore thumb. From the screen shot I took third row down second picture over. The white figure (ultraman mooning) on a celphone. That is my avatar from another forum I am on. How do I know that is my avatar, well simple; That's my celphone and that's the picture I took. Well guess that always explains to me why you got WTF images in with what you were looking for. Google being completely random.

Simslover I'm sorry I am laughing so hard about your pigeon encounter; Simslover got pigeon bombed.

Top Secret Researcher
#290 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 6:11 PM
I am sick and tired having to defend every damn word I speak, and I hate that I have to show off facts to prove whether or not I am right. I don't see anyone else having to do this! But yet...I am always getting bashed and ridiculed! it sucks

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#291 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 6:31 PM
Pfft, if they don't believe what you are saying just tell them to go suck it! :D

Rant: I'm starting to think I'm not smart enough for my anatomy and physiology class.
Instructor
#292 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy

Simslover I'm sorry I am laughing so hard about your pigeon encounter; Simslover got pigeon bombed.

The pigeons were active yesterday. My co-worker got it in the head. At least, mine was on my shirt.

I do love SF though. Even with the pigeon-fiasco, little italy had some of the best submarine sandwiches in town! And my friend said, that getting hit by a pigeon would bring good luck. In this case, I found a dollar in the parking garage. Although, honestly, I do think I would've paid at least a dollar not to be the pigeon toilet!
Inventor
#293 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy

No wonder half the time you can't properly find sheet on google. I'm minding my own business trying to find a picture for someone to do a cosplay, then BAM a picture unrelated to what I am looking for sticks out like a sore thumb. .... Well guess that always explains to me why you got WTF images in with what you were looking for. Google being completely random.

At least your collection of "WTF-Google?!" looks like it could make a good collage-style pop-art inspired piece. I tend to get a lot of "Just dear god WHY?!" images (like, Google sepuku type ones) whenever I use it. Ex., since I couldn't get the pics off my phone, I had to Google similar pics to my pet when posting in the now long-buried kitteh thread. Somehow, typing in "white and grey tabby cat" resulted in calico and persian cats, Catwoman posters, statues of cats, and cats that had been run over by cars and even a cat which had had an arrow shot through it's head (but had somehow survived, apparently, since it looked like it was inside a vet's office). Just...WHY GOOGLE, WHY?!
Scholar
#294 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 6:35 PM Last edited by frankokomando : 30th Jan 2012 at 9:27 PM.
I wish I had enough money to the buy the manga Gantz. I don't care how crappy people say it is, I want to read it.
Top Secret Researcher
#295 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:51 PM
I almost threw up at church and I had diarrhea twice today.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Theorist
#296 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 3:11 AM
Tried to purchase some stuffs from Amazon.com, but for some reason the stupid site can't accept my address (although it's perfectly valid) and won't allow me to proceed.
Scholar
#297 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 9:55 AM
I'm so bloody tired tonight I am haivng a horrible time staying awake at work. Just dozed off and missed a taxi that pulled. Fffff. Is there a reason for me dozing off? Not that I can think of, I slept the typical hours of sleep. Actually today is one of the rare days I wasn't woken up a few times tryin' to sleep. Don't help that the internet is being slow as hell tonight.. Tired cold water, tried excersizing, but tonight my body refuses to listen. It's 5 minutes from am-this is going to be a LONG night.

Instructor
#298 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 3:52 PM
bah! I am mad because I'm sick again. I felt a sore throat yesterday but had no other symptoms so thought it was allergies, but last night I lost my voice and this morning I sound terrible and I have a bad cold. No way I'll be well enough for work for a few days which sucks since it is very busy for work right now. It feels like it is going to be a 'long one' as well. So I anticipate being sick for a while. :sad:.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#299 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:35 PM
Drowning Fishy - if you're sleeping normally at night and are still tired, you should, perhaps, see a dr about that. It's probably nothing (bad mattress maybe?) but it can also be the sign of something more serious or a persistent sleep disorder. I'm sure you're fine but jus' sayin'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#300 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 5:08 PM
I'm really upset that I'm finding a lot of stuff I want to buy, but don't have enough money for. -.- This always happens to me. I'll go a few months without really anything interesting me then WAM! I find a shit load of books or DVDs I want to buy. Having a small paycheck sucks!
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: Please use the new thread!
Page 12 of 47