Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] AnyGameStarter v. 1.6

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:08 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 632 Feedback Posts
Page 23 of 26
Lab Assistant
#551 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 8:17 PM
No luck there either, exactly the same error.

Dakeyras
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#552 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 12:09 AM
Then I'm sorry, but I have no more bullets in my gun -
You could retry if you buy another expansion, in the future, who knows...

Read my next post, please.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#553 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 8:52 AM
DAKEYRAS - If you have the Clean Installer, I'd like you to run a test for me.
Drag a Sims2pack file and drop it over the mini-game icon; the Clean Installer should open up, click Install and READ the default installation path suggested by the Clean Installer. Is it "(MyDocuments)\EA Games\..." or "(MyDocuments)\AnyGameStarter\..."?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#554 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 1:34 PM
I'll let you know when I get in tonight and try it.

Dakeyras
Lab Assistant
#555 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 7:34 PM
This is the path I get:

Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport\

Dakeyras
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#556 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 12:36 AM
...that is exactly what it should be. So WHAT on earth is going wrong with your AGS?? I give up!

Lab Assistant
#557 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 8:30 AM
Wish I knew mate, but thanks for trying anyhow, I appreciate it

Dakeyras
Lab Assistant
#558 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 7:38 PM
I thought you might like to know that i have worked out not only how to get mine started but also how to stop that annoying little registry edit box from popping up in Vista too. This may be a useful tip for other Vista users as well.

It's quite simple:

Instead of double clicking the icon on your desktop, right click and choose the option "Run as Administrator".

The programme then starts just as it should, with no registry box coming up. You just have to "Allow" the application when the authorisation box pops up.

Hope that comes in useful to other Vista sufferers

Dakeyras
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#559 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 9:27 PM
You mean that you were not running the AGS with administrative priviledges?
I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious... At least (now all the doubts come to my mind! ) I thought that the game itself required to be run as administrator... Is this not true?

However, THANK YOU for clarifying this important point: I will surely advertise this requirement in the first post, or (if possible), tweak the installer to create icons that automatically run the game as administrator.
Personally, I have deactivated the UAC so long ago that I always forget that it exists at all -

I can give you a hint: right-click on the icon and choose Properties -> Compatibility, and check the option "Run as administrator"; this way, you don't have to do it every time: just double-click and the mini-game starts

Lab Assistant
#560 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:12 AM
Cheers mate. The game does not need to be run as Administrator as proven when I ran AnyGame3 for OFB alone and it worked fine. I'm still new to Vista only having had it a month or two so this whole Run as Admin thing is new to me, but we learn as we go eh?

I'll do that compatibility thing you suggested, and thanks for your help with the rest

Dakeyras
Test Subject
#561 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:15 AM
Hey there, I installed this to try and make my own CAS screen, and since I have seasons I wanted to disable seasons. Well on the selection for installation, it doesn't give me the option to run Freetime. I thought nothing of it, and installed anyways. Whenever I started my game it said that I didn't have freetime, and anything freetime related would be lost.

So I uninstalled the AGS hoping my problem would be fixed. Well my game continues to tell me I don't have Freetime installed, but when I go into C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES the freetime folder is there.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what happened?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#562 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:24 AM
Missybrina, please post here your AppFiles folder; with it, I can fix your game, and also investigate if the AGS has a bug that should be fixed.
I read from your profile that you have all the EP and SP, plus Holiday.
Please confirm me this, and tell me if you base game is the normal one, or (Double) Deluxe, or the special Holiday Edition.
Lastly, I need to know if any one of your expansions was bought online from the EA store, or thay all are disc versions.

Test Subject
#563 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 4:13 AM
It is double deluxe, and none of my expansions are bought from the store. I fixed the issue by uninstalling Freetime and reinstalling it. From when I played it seemed okay, and everything was normal.

If you tell me where to find the folder, I will still give it to you if you wish.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#564 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 7:15 PM
I wanted you to spare the time to reinstall Freetime, but now you already did it -
The AppFiles folder is located in: (Documents)\AnyGameStarter. Compress it in a zip and attach it to a post in this thread; it will help me double-check the code, in case there's something wrong. Are you going to retry running the AGS, by the way? Until I don't look at your AppFiles, I can't know if it was a random error, or it will happen every time.

Test Subject
#565 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 1:13 AM
Ahh well thanks for trying to spare me. I don't have that folder again, but if I reinstall it and it happens again I will post it.

It was odd though, that Freetime wasn't on the selection list to run when I started it up.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#566 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missybrina
It was odd though, that Freetime wasn't on the selection list to run when I started it up.

This explains why the AGS excluded Freetime from all your games (including the Full game): it thought Freetime didn't exist at all.
As far as I know, there shouldn't be any differences between normal games and Double Deluxe, regarding FreeTime, but if the problem occurs again, we need to investigate; I might need you to extract some values from the Windows Registry.

Test Subject
#567 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 11:38 PM
Default AGS question...
Here are the AppFiles zipped, like you asked.

Simdra
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#568 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 10:17 AM
Simdra, did the PMs we exchanged help solving your problem? I see from your AppFiles that you played for almost 50 minutes...

Test Subject
#569 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 8:37 PM
Yes, my problems with AGS are solved now. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#570 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 7:09 PM
Hi!
I'm not sure what's wrong, but whenever I try to load up the game, instead of a mini game/(or empty; I've tried both..) it loads up my full game instead, with custom content, neighbourhoods and everything..
I've been trying for ages to get it to work, but no luck so far..
So any help would be appreciated..
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#571 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 12:40 AM
Please confirm me that you don't have any EP bought online from EA site.

If you have all disc versions, then download the attached zip and extract the files to your AppFiles folder, overwriting the existing ones. The new files aren't different, as for the functions; they only give a more detailed log when running (or trying to run) the mini-games.

After extracting the files to your AppFiles, you will see a file named "TEST.bat"; double-click it and a black DOS window should appear, showing a 30-seconds countdown. Please tell me if the countdown lasts 30 seconds, or if it reaches zero immediately.

When finished with this test, try running the AnyGame1 using the icon already on your desktop; probably, the full game will open up, instead. Close the game and immediately compress the AppFiles into a zip, before doing anything else; then post here the zip.

Test Subject
#572 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 1:15 AM
this is pretty cool, but I've uninstalled it because it messed up my shortcut to go to my documents folder. If it doesn't revert after I restart my computer, i shall be very mad. I think it will though.
if not.. grr. :[

edit:
okay, it fixed after I restarted.
I guess I was babbling.. well I meant was in the area on the start menu under the user account, where it says documents was replaced with "AnyGame1" instead. [I have Vista, so maybe it's just on vista computers? I forget what XP was like, lulz]
And I don;t like using the long way to get to the documents folder, even though it's just one extra click.

DO you think this will happen again is I get AGS again? I do like having it.

Lab Assistant
#573 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
After extracting the files to your AppFiles, you will see a file named "TEST.bat"; double-click it and a black DOS window should appear, showing a 30-seconds countdown. Please tell me if the countdown lasts 30 seconds, or if it reaches zero immediately.

I'm not sure what's supposed to happen exactly, but when I run TEST.bat, it come up with 'This countdown should last 30 seconds' (which I'm guessing it is meant to do). But then it says
'Cannot execute E:\...(I won't copy out all folder names)\APPFILES\SLEEP.EXE
Press any key to continue...' (which I'm guessing it's not..)

However, I tried running the game anyway, and I've uploaded the AppFiles..

*Edit* - Just thought I'd add that all of my games are definitely disk versions.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#574 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 12:08 PM
Rainella - A displacement of the Documents icon may happen (don't know why), but very very rarely: since I created the AGS, I have used it something like a thousand times, and I suffered for this problem only once.
The solution is to run the installer again (simply running it, installing any game, fixes the Documents path), and then restarting the PC once or twice (again, can't imagine why once is not always enough...).
I suggest to retry using the AGS: as said, it's very unlikely that the problem will occur again (I have Vista, so it's not a Vista-related problem). I only recommend not to do anything during the 30 seconds after starting the mini-game: just wait for the neighborhood selection to load, without opening folders, or starting other programs.

Clourburst - "Cannot execute ...SLEEP.exe"? This is why the AGS does not work for you!
Please give me more details about your operating system: XP or Vista? 32bit or 64bit? Service packs? You can read these info in the Properties of the "My Computer" icon.

Lab Assistant
#575 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Clourburst - "Cannot execute ...SLEEP.exe"? This is why the AGS does not work for you!
Please give me more details about your operating system: XP or Vista? 32bit or 64bit? Service packs? You can read these info in the Properties of the "My Computer" icon.

I'm currenty running 32-bit Windows Vista with Service Pack 1
Closed Thread
Page 23 of 26