Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Housecleaning For All Sims

by Buzzler Posted 12th Jul 2010 at 11:59 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:57 PM by Buzzler

222 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#101 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:10 PM
asamiramirez, the things you mentioned should already be taken into account. I never removed that message, though I easily could, because you're not supposed to see it. Seeing it anyway is not a serious issue. It means that the code went through another iteration of searching for a valid cleaning interaction, although it should have bailed out a step earlier. I'd need more clues to take care of it, but if you don't get a script error, it's probably fine as it is.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 13th May 2011 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
asamiramirez, the things you mentioned should already be taken into account. I never removed that message, though I easily could, because you're not supposed to see it. Seeing it anyway is not a serious issue. It means that the code went through another iteration of searching for a valid cleaning interaction, although it should have bailed out a step earlier. I'd need more clues to take care of it, but if you don't get a script error, it's probably fine as it is.

Thank you very much for responding! Everything functions fine so I'm not bothered by it, but I am very glad to hear that it's not an issue nonetheless. The more clues, if you need any info. from me I am happy to provide anything if it's something you'd like to mess with. If not, I'm just going to keep using it anyway so don't feel like you are being pestered at all. Thanks for making a very useful mod!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 17th May 2011 at 12:43 AM

Me again! So sorry. I got my first error message and I don't know how to properly read these things so I thought it best if I just screenshot it and brought it over.
Original Poster
#104 Old 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM
Sorry asamiramirez, that error is too generic to tell me what to look for. I'll probably have to revise the code to show more meaningful error messages and silence the current script error...

Lab Assistant
#105 Old 17th May 2011 at 10:54 PM
Sorry asamiramirez, that error is too generic to tell me what to look for. I'll probably have to revise the code to show more meaningful error messages and silence the current script error...

Oh, okay. Sorry! I wasn't sure if it would help or not. Thanks for responding though.
Original Poster
#106 Old 18th May 2011 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asamiramirez
Oh, okay. Sorry! I wasn't sure if it would help or not. Thanks for responding though.
What are you sorry about? Evaluating whether an error message is helpful and letting my code show meaningful error messages to begin with falls into my responsibility. Letting me know of that error is the right thing to do and I appreciate it even if I can't do anything about it right now.

Lab Assistant
#107 Old 20th May 2011 at 11:45 AM
Thank you for this, it is really a time saver with sims. I have an issue, however. Sometimes, I think a method that finds the next object to clean returns null and the game gives me a warning for it. I also had it throw a script error that made me have to reset the sim. Anyway, I can't reproduce it, as it doesn't seem to happen in any specific instances that I'm aware of, but I thought I should let you know.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Original Poster
#108 Old 20th May 2011 at 3:42 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Foxen. I'm planning to revise this mod soon-ishly, and hopefully these issues won't occur then anymore or at least show more sensible error messages.

Test Subject
#109 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:00 AM
Are you planning to update for Generations? It causes my game to freeze and crash. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:31 PM
I know this is going to sound like a bother, but do you have the patch 1.19 version of this mod anywhere in your PC? I installed this recently, read through all the comments, and it seems my "problem" might not really be a problem at all, just a patch-related issue, since I "un-patched"(does that word even exist?) my game from version 1.22, which nearly destroyed both my computer and my sanity.
But anyway, just askin' - if you don't have it, no problem.

(Also, just because I thought I should tell you, the issue that I'm having is that the Clean House option isn't "clickable", like, it doesn't leave the menu and appear on my Sim's queue. I know this probably has nothing to do with my Sim's Slob trait, because she cleans stuff the normal way just fine. Thanks anyway.)
Original Poster
#111 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 10:04 PM
@nathaliegam12: I've uploaded the 1.19 versions of my mods to 4shared: http://www.4shared.com/folder/B8SxA...Patch_1_19.html

Please understand that I can't support outdated mods or outdated game versions.

Lab Assistant
#112 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:15 AM
@nathaliegam12: I've uploaded the 1.19 versions of my mods to 4shared: http://www.4shared.com/folder/B8SxA...Patch_1_19.html

Please understand that I can't support outdated mods or outdated game versions.

Thank you so much! It would be incredibly annoying to go back to patch 1.22, so those links are absolutely awesome. Again, thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#113 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:33 AM
Loved this mod <3 but after I got Generations my games crashes if I keep it
Original Poster
#114 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 5:27 PM
Scrimitar, did you download the updated version of this mod as well?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:28 PM
Just patched my game today and downloaded the new update of your mod. Went to play the game and tried to get my sim to clean the house. The game crashed.
Original Poster
#116 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:31 PM
Scrimitar&temporaryglitter: Please do me a favor and look up the file skuversion.txt of your base game. You'll find it in the install directory (something like C:\Programs(X86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin - exact location depends on your language setting). Copy&paste the first two lines of skuversion.txt. Should be something like

GameVersion = 1.22.9.011002
Code:0.RL-2.0.151

Forum Resident
#117 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:11 PM Last edited by catalina_45 : 12th Jun 2011 at 3:39 PM.
I have no Generation, but all other EP and SP. I patched game to 1.22...I eliminated all other hacks from my game... I must install the new version (01.06.2011)?. because with the actually version the game freeze... and crashe

GameVersion = 1.22.9.011002
Code:0.RL-2.0.151

I will try with the new version, and I will be back with the conclusion...

I'm back. I installed the new version, I deleted the cache (4 files). I played, and the game don't freeze and don't crashe. It work with the last patch and without generation.
Forum Resident
#118 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by temporaryglitter
Just patched my game today and downloaded the new update of your mod. Went to play the game and tried to get my sim to clean the house. The game crashed.

Put the new version, but don't forgot to delete the cache (CASpart, compositor, script, simcompositor) from your documents/Electronic Arts/sims3...
Test Subject
#119 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:34 AM
Hi Buzzler,

I'm having a problem with this mod. When it's installed, some sims' autonomous actions are getting stomped. For example, a sim will autonomously put an action in their queue to go to bed, the icon will briefly flash and disappear, and the sim does nothing. It also randomly happens when I direct a sim to do something, the icon flashes and disappears. It doesn't kill all the sims actions, some things they can do, others get stomped. It does seem to happen most often with the action to go to bed though. I removed most of my other mods with the exception of some of twallans mods and the problem continued until I removed this mod and then everything was normal. I've run the Dashboard program and it showed no conflicts, and I've cleared the caches and restarted the game, but the problem persists with this mod. The mod itself works ok as far as the cleaning actions go, but there is something in it conflicting with either Generations or the 1.22 patch.
Original Poster
#120 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:21 PM
Kid Shamrock, did you make sure that you have the most recent version of this mod?

Test Subject
#121 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Kid Shamrock : 23rd Jun 2011 at 4:47 AM. Reason: New info
Yes, it was the most recent one. I've been doing some more testing and I think there's just something wrong with the neighborhood I was playing. I started a new game and don't see the problem anymore. Sorry for bothering you.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I'm now seeing the same problem in the new neighborhood. It started again after playing for about one sim day in the new neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 4:59 AM
Buzzler, it looks like some laundry-type interactions have been folded into MOAR interactions. Do we still need both? I suspect we wouldn't get the "clean house" interaction from that mod though, right?
Original Poster
#123 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kid Shamrock
Edit: I spoke too soon. I'm now seeing the same problem in the new neighborhood. It started again after playing for about one sim day in the new neighborhood.
And that doesn't happen when you don't have this mod installed?

Quote: Originally posted by tryguy
Buzzler, it looks like some laundry-type interactions have been folded into MOAR interactions. Do we still need both? I suspect we wouldn't get the "clean house" interaction from that mod though, right?
Correct. The clean house interaction is only in this mod. Moar Interactions doesn't have it. There's no overlap between the two, actually.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:29 AM
I'm so glad you made this mod. I can't play without it.
But it gets me thinking...maybe you could make a "quick shower for everyone" mod?
Thanks again for working to make our games more fun!
Forum Resident
#125 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Alyx~
I'm so glad you made this mod. I can't play without it.
But it gets me thinking...maybe you could make a "quick shower for everyone" mod?
Thanks again for working to make our games more fun!

You can find what you want here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=430423
Page 5 of 9