Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 10:00 PM
Default What businesses are you most proud of?
I was just wondering if any of you guys had a business on OFB that you guys were particularly proud of? It doesn't nessecarilly have to be profitable, but a particularly nice concept or an aesthetically pleasing store?

In my game, I have:
  • Cake Shop - My first attempt at a bakery that went rather well. I used the "storyboard" design scheme to make a bakery called "Fairy Cakes". My sim had maximum cooking points and the cakes sold....well....like hot cakes! I eventually earned enough money to expand and I've kinda also turned it into a resturant, only when I set the menu, I only included the desserts, so people can only eat cake!
  • Music Shop - "In Harmony" In my game, Lillith Pleasant cut off all her hair into a mohawk and encouraged Dirk Dreamer to do the same. They became the village punks and when they married they opened up a music shop. It has two floors - the ground/first floor sells all the different stereos. Upstairs sells instruments (which at the moment is the piano!) I am planning on getting University as the next EP, so I will then have the drums and guitars to expand the range of stock I sell. I also sell one of those weird African instruments that comes under "statues" in the "decorative" section of buy mode. Everything else is averagely priced but I put that item as "ridiculously expensive" (my logic being the exotic sales pitch they give it) and yet EVERY TIME I play that business, someone (usually a Townie) buys it! :2cents:
  • Golf Park - "The Pleasantview Pitch & Putt" - I have to admit, I got this business through a little bit of cheating ( :down: ). I made a family with 4 elders (spouses),two adults (also spouses & children of the elders) and a teen (child of one of the adult couples) and used the boolprop cheat so everyone conviniently got Execuputters from the Business career. The plot of land is surrounded by grass fences, but has a ticket machine for people to use the facilities and there is a shop with a drinks machine and a bbq to feed people. Sims can use the Execuputters for fun but cannot build charisma points from it like they would if it were on a home lot.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 6:22 PM
Buck's Beauty Salon, owned by Buck Grunt (a Strangetown transvestite). Not profitable but soooo fun to play!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 6:48 PM
Big Canon Bar: Owned by a Cahnon and hope that it will stay in the Cahnon name.
I like it's build. Most of my bars I made before were just four walls in a shape of a box. Put a roof on it and done. This one has a bar area and a guitar stage, pool table and a table with un-matching chairs.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 7:44 PM
The Channelwood charity shop. Whenever my sims had items they didn't want- magazines they'd read, paintings they'd painted, cribs they'd grown out of, they would take them to Atticus Benefact and give them to him as a gift. Then he'd sell them in the Charity shop, and the proceeds he'd use to buy vacant lots from Malcolm Landgraab's real estate business, which he would turn into nice little parks and recreation areas for the community.
http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 8:03 PM
simsample that's so cuteee and generous of Atticus ! XD

Mine is probley: Kaylynn's Kuts, she had a home business and turned the downstairs into the hair salon and the upstairs into a flat thing, it was a really pretty hair salon, all pink XD

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:11 AM
The only business I've actually ran was just a garage sale because I thought it would be more interesting than just deleting all the baby objects my sim didn't need anymore. I also sold everything dirt cheap as well, being a garage sale. Other than getting a few out-of-stock sign complaints from a few buyers, he sold everything in one day and it was a lot of fun.

One question though: Do sims lose motives faster when working in a business shop? Mine was only selling for an afternoon but was nearly orange by the time the whole thing was said and done.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkAnnie
The only business I've actually ran was just a garage sale because I thought it would be more interesting than just deleting all the baby objects my sim didn't need anymore. I also sold everything dirt cheap as well, being a garage sale. Other than getting a few out-of-stock sign complaints from a few buyers, he sold everything in one day and it was a lot of fun.

Thats's such a good idea! I'm going to steal that!

WCIF a "Garage Sale" sign! :trix:
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 3:41 PM
Oh, I believe it was a lot of fun! I did something like that before, when I didn't know well how to make a good business.

The business I was most proud of was a bakery. It was a lot of fun and it profited. The building was really beautiful and cosy...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BillyDee
WCIF a "Garage Sale" sign! :trix:

I'm answering my own question just in case anybody else wants to know :dsausage:

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:48 PM
These are really pretty!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:09 AM
I'm just about to make a home business with a sweeny todd inspirted family. It'll have a bakers on the group floor, and upstairs will be done as a salon.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:15 AM
will it have murders in it as well? now that would be awesome!
#13 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:08 PM
Haha! I loved the movie! But how will you bake the cases from your Sims?

Or wait! The cow/plant from career rewards eats Sims and produces the elixir of life, right? Is there a way to sell it?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:43 AM
Speaking of Cow Plant, my cow plant is not eating the sim even though it's trying to take the cake from it. It keeps pulling back and sniffing him. I checked his hygene and it was completely full. What gives?!
#15 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:29 AM
a sweeney todd thing sounds sweet.
i like my resturaunt with the live band. it gets boring to watch after a while but i think it looks neat.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkAnnie
Speaking of Cow Plant, my cow plant is not eating the sim even though it's trying to take the cake from it. It keeps pulling back and sniffing him. I checked his hygene and it was completely full. What gives?!

If it belongs to the gardening club, you can't kill those peole - which is why I'v been moving them in - and then killing them. Maybe the preson the plant is trying to eat belongs to the gardening club group, or some similar where you can't kill them.

In my previous hood I was really proud of a cake shop that my women was running. It was an organick cake shop, so she only baked from her own harvest, which was fertilized by compost, or not at all if no compost was available, also I think I didn't allow spraying, but not sure about that rule any more.

Now one of my guys is running a hamburgr place. It's been really tough, I would love to expand it but they have no money. He supported his family of one useless wife and four kids with the profit. Sometimes it was so bad that I thought I have to get him a real job, but he just pulled 17 hour shifts went home dead tired, and then up and back to work when he woke up. It's nice seeing that the business is starting to get going, even thou it's still level 0.