Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:58 PM
Default Magic World
Um...I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, but here it goes.

When my Sim became a witch and I found out about the Magic "World", I already pictured something like a big community with several castle-like buildings, filled with other witches, not just two lots with only ONE witch each...>_>' Isn't there a way to add more lots to the Magic World?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 7:32 PM
Yea I envisioned a small town or even a 1 lot community where many witches hung out. Even a "Grand Witch"- and she would have special clothes that were different then the normal witches. I was kinda disappointed.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:10 PM
It's so dissapointing. I expected something like the Makin' Magic ep for the sims 1.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:18 AM
Actually, I think they're really cool looking and a good place to park your Sim to learn their craft. Also, they can take friends with them. Which is also a great way to get other Sims to meet the witches. My big disappointment: those great lights are nowhere to be found in the buy mode. I really want them for a part of the story I'm doing for Sea of Moons. EAxis gives us crap for objects most of the time, and when there's something nice, they don't make it available.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bethyy
It's so dissapointing. I expected something like the Makin' Magic ep for the sims 1.

Second this. I was waiting for magic duels, magic shops, competitions and other cool stuffs, and all we've got are two boring lot with one witch on each.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:39 AM
the lights at the witches castle are made by witches if those lights are what you mean
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
the lights at the witches castle are made by witches if those lights are what you mean

Yup, those are the lights. I need them for story telling, and since I don't actually play those characters, so I'll have to wait for someone at MTS2 to make them available. The only thing my witch can make is a red-eyed witch riding a broom. I didn't realize they could make nice things like the lights.
#8 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chryses
Yup, those are the lights. I need them for story telling, and since I don't actually play those characters, so I'll have to wait for someone at MTS2 to make them available. The only thing my witch can make is a red-eyed witch riding a broom. I didn't realize they could make nice things like the lights.

What lights?
Do you mean the lamps? You can make them in your cauldron when you level is high enough. Neutrals cant make them thou, you gotta be either dark or light.
But dark can only make dark ones and light can only make light ones.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bethyy

Thirding this. I don't care about spells and such, but a Magic Town, I've been waiting for it's Sims 2 incarnation since they started churning out EP's. It would've looked great with these graphics.

Oh well.
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:53 PM
I'm not surprised they didn't have an actual "community", considering this game is Apartment Life, not Magical Life. If it was all about magic, I sure bet we would have gotten more. I mean, we certainly got a lot more than the other creatures got! :P
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:12 PM
Is there any way to cheat and make your witch more skilled? I'm impatient and want her to start converting other witches, but to do that, she actually needs to be good .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#12 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
Is there any way to cheat and make your witch more skilled? I'm impatient and want her to start converting other witches, but to do that, she actually needs to be good .

Its faster to use the "boolprop" -> "sim modder" cheat to make your sims get friends with the NPC witch.
I havent found a witch skill cheat yet.
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid

No, but if you study the book for a good 2 sim days, they'll max out their witch skill. Be careful though! Once I started turning other sims into witches, I couldn't stop.
#14 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
No, but if you study the book for a good 2 sim days, they'll max out their witch skill. Be careful though! Once I started turning other sims into witches, I couldn't stop.

Once the skill of the witch is maxed, they can turn others into witches/warlocks? Awesome!

It'll be cool to have some fugly sims as witches and you can re-enact Snow White *imagines*
#15 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charlie-chan
Once the skill of the witch is maxed, they can turn others into witches/warlocks? Awesome!

It'll be cool to have some fugly sims as witches and you can re-enact Snow White *imagines*

Only good witches has that skill. Not the evil and the neutral.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:49 PM
My neutral witch has been studying her spell book and using spells to clean her house and take care of little things and now she has the ability to turn other Sims into neutral witches as well. I haven't used the spell yet, but it's in her spell book.
Instructor
#17 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:08 PM
What does the spell- magus mutatio (magic transformation) do? Its rather vague in describing it.
Theorist
#18 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:10 PM
Think it turns a sim into a Witch, Psivampyr

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#19 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:41 PM
Yes and a priori a witch can use it even if she / he's not good friend with the target Sim. I have try to select a great witch to see her spells and this one was the only usable just after the meeting).
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 5:25 AM
Disappointed! >_<
For sure, i've been waiting for this EP for so long, but like it' name Apartment Life, it' just a, sorry to say, boring.
From Uni. with the Natural Scientist career and other Hero job when my sims reached the top, they fly to sky.. so discussed with my friends and i believed that THEY WILL MAKE MAGIC!!!!
Then.. all i thought was true, after 3~4yrs to have this, an add on MAGIC >_<

I loved this SIMS game since i was a boy. I m so realistic but whenever i feel so tired about life i'll think of the fairy tale, and magic world.. things will change, much better!
And money-life will not bother me anymore. haha ^^
I played the game like i lived in that world!

Then.. So i'll play The Sims with Makin' Magic and Superstars again, just forget about The Sims 2 with preview "You'll have WITCHES!" hmmmm..
Sure, my English just bad but i wanna say my feeling 'cause i expected this for so long.