Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:28 AM
Default can you just live ina normmal hosue and pay rent?
like a custom house does it work like that?

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:34 AM
Im sure you can make a house with an apartment door and turn the lot into an apartment. It'll just be like one apartment, but you are going to pay alot of rent!

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Banned
#3 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 12:19 PM
i tried this,my sim is living in a small house and i replaced the main door with apartment one and it is functioning like a normal door,i would be happy if my sims can live in a big house of 2 portions.so 1 family can get 1 portion
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:14 PM
should be no problem as long as both can be closed of with the apartment door being the only way in to each separetly..basically a duplex i planned on tryingi t with a normal house but having the upstairs and down starts separate apartments and in closing the area arounf teh stairs so i can add the doors

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#5 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:41 PM
You need to make sure that the apartment door is the only entrance to your house. You can have another door leading out if it leads to an enclosed area like a garden. If you have two doors, it won't count as an apartment.

Also, don't you have to use a cheat to change it into an apartment lot?
Banned
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:49 PM
http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff...ng_tutorial.pdf
heres the tutorial,this will help u !
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:58 PM
I tried this...3 row houses each with an apartment door all had an enclosed balcony..it was really glitchy..the upper 2 stories of the apartments were livable but no items could be placed...it was just red....
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
I tried this...3 row houses each with an apartment door all had an enclosed balcony..it was really glitchy..the upper 2 stories of the apartments were livable but no items could be placed...it was just red....

You can't place items outside of an apartment but I'm sure if you post a picture of the lot others could help you

-------------------------------------------------------------

I built a town house for the Riley/Cho family and added an apartment door. They are paying 3,721 simoleons a week for it lol.

If they live there for around 10 weeks then they would have paid the rent equal to how much the house cost as a residential lot.

I feel that when I build an apartment I make it too small :confused:
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charlie-chan
You can't place items outside of an apartment but I'm sure if you post a picture of the lot others could help you

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, Iv'e just read the Sims2Wiki entry on building apartments and it seems i can't use split level stairs (interior stages)...and i did....that explains why the upper stories were considered common areas and NPC were trying to acess it...
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:41 PM
well now im confussed because i have a triplex where i used those interior stage thingys and it works fine, had no probolmes putting furniture on the second level or living in it, maybe because i dont have a balcony? i do have a enclosed backyard though

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008