Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Koolhira : 3rd Nov 2012 at 5:02 AM.
Help with fixing hole in mesh?
Hey!

So yeah what I'm trying to figure out is pretty simple. I press "f" (hotkey to add a face to specific vertices) to fix the holes in the clothes mesh I'm editing. After I'm done though it gives me this error when I want to export:

so is there an alternative to selecting vertices and pressing "f"? or find some other way to export the simgeom? or am i screwed?
Also, I have line 589 errors alot. How do I fix that?

Please help it's been bothering me for a few straight days and pointlessly trying things that don't work...

Bye!

My Simblr! :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 5:47 AM
Bah I'm bumping this xD

Also a way to make it sound more simple, I have a hole in a mesh and I want to cover it without "f" (the hotkey to add a face) because it glitches.

Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 1:34 PM
I know how frustrating it can be to have a problem that nobody seems to know what to do with, so I looked around a little and found another user having a similar problem with loading files. If you go to THIS page and scroll to the bottom a user named SEBR starts dealing with the "unpack requires a bytes object of length 4" error. It sounds pretty complex, but I'm sure if you ask someone there they can either help you fix it (using the "f" key is a really important feature to have working -- you're going to use a LOT) or help you with ways to work around it. Blender is WAY over my head but I hope this helps.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 3:46 PM
I gave up on Blender - I also couldn't get meshes to export properly after I changed the faces, in my case by subdividing them. You might also try posting a question in the Blender plugins sticky thread, since I suspect the problem is with the GEOM exporter. (http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments - I assume you're using Cmomoney's plugins.)

It's not that people are ignoring you. Not many people are using Blender and most likely no one who's seen your question has an answer for you.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 8:23 PM
You can not use Blender for clothing anyway as it messes up the normals on import.
I know CMO is working hard to fix it but till then i recommend to use another 3d editor.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 10:59 PM
Thank you everyone! <3
I'll use Milkshape instead then xDD