Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 2:23 AM
Default Neighborhood 1 & Co: The Uberhood
So a few years back, I started an uberhood using Meetme's cleaned and empty maxis premade neighborhoods as shopping districts. I attached them all to my own version of the Sims 1 neighborhood I remade using a variety of different existing lots (I think most of them were from genensims), but I ended up redoing a lot of them. I also tweaked the hood terrain and decorated it myself. This hood has moved between two computers at this point and I've had to revert to backups a few times, so I've lost a lot of photos. The oldest pics I have are from March 2016, sadly. But it's my favorite uberhood rendition I've played and I hope it lives for a long time before I have to finally give up on it due to corruption.

So far, I have Pleasantview, Strangetown, Belladonna Cove, Desiderata Valley, Riverblossom Hills, Bluewater Village, Downtown, Sim State University, La Fiesta Tech, Academie Le Tour, Twikki Island, Three Lakes, and Takemizu Village. So essentially everything except Veronaville, which I have never really found interesting to play. When I first added the university subhoods, they came with no sims, so I had to remake the premade young adults in CAS. I didn't mind doing so, since this meant I could fix the broken face templates some of the sims had, and makeover all of them right off the bat.

Here's a few photos from my game:

Natasha Una and her beau and son, Cilantro

Angela Pleasant's daughter, Myra Pleasant, Myra's daughter June Pleasant, and Myra's boyfriend (the second son of Elizabeth and Victor Aspir).

Don and Cassandra Lothario (they ended up happily married in my game) having a party. Their eldest daughter is on the far left, and their two other daughters are in the red dresses (one is outside dancing with her girlfriend, the daughter of Ripp Grunt).

Speaking of the Grunts, Ripp and his clan always have a ton of parties. He moved into a place in Neighborhood 1 (same with Don and Cassie) and had three daughters.

I don't want to post too many photos in one post, and I think I need to sort through my gameplay photos, so I'll leave off at this for now. But I've gotten a few generations into the hood so far, and I've played around with some unusual pairings (Brandi Broke with Pascal Curious, for instance). It's definitely my favorite hood to play!

Also, I'm really sorry about the size of my photos. I thought I could change the img tag to make them smaller, but it wasn't working. They're within the forum size guidelines, but they're still pretty obnoxiously large.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:24 AM
You have good pictures and I enjoyed reading about your sims.

I am looking forward to your next post.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:38 PM
I like the name Cilantro! And I like your hood as well! Your sims are vibrant and interesting

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:48 PM

I took some photos of my version of Neighborhood 1 so you guys could check it out. Cassandra and Don live in the red mansion in the third photo and Ophelia and Johnny Nigmos live across from them, and Sienna, one of Ophelia and Johnny's daughters, moved into the trailer the Hicks from Sims 1 used to live in.

Other residents of this neighborhood include the Patels, Ripp Grunt's family, Tara Kat and her cats (she lives in the original sims 1 Kat house) plus her son with Cyd Roseland, who also lives in this neighborhood (except he's married to Delilah O'Feefe), Angela and Mary-Sue Pleasant (plus Angela's husband, River Lee), Tessa (Ramirez) and William Williamson, and Stella Terrano and her husband Cory and daughter Michelle.

The Patels had two sons, Eli and Meyer. Eli had a child in college with his girlfriend Sheila Knight but had an unfortunate accident and died of unknown causes, so Sheila and their daughter Jodie moved in with Ana and Ramir. Eli's death is still under investigation and was one of the first in a string of unexpected deaths throughout the uberhood, so most of my sims are worried about traveling alone at the moment.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 11:48 PM
Neighborhood 1 looks idyllic, and aesthetically pleasing! It's reminiscent of a time when I wasn't overly preoccupied with perfecting my hoods . The buildings are all rather cohesive, and complement each other nicely! I hope to hear more soon!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:34 AM
As a fellow Neighbourhood 1 player, I think you've done a fantastic job with things. Ridge Road actually having a ridge is a surprisingly rare occurrence in TS2 remakes. Good stuff.