Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:02 PM Last edited by priviel : 12th Apr 2017 at 7:57 PM.
Default priviel: Belvedere
After an ongoing battle with finding the right terrains and lots, I have finally decided to start over. This won't be a fully established neighborhood for a while (due to university), but I know what I want for this neighborhood, as I have written everything in a (rather messy) Google Doc.

main neighborhood — Belvedere
one downtown — York Grove
one suburb — Point Marlowe
two universities — Stoughton University / University of York Grove
two vacation destinations — Felicity Island / Earfell Village or Isle St. Croix

Belvedere will have strong French roots, forming a bilingual society of Simlish and French Simlish (technically the French "equivalent" of Simlish—even though Simlish is a mix of languages, I know). The architecture of its town center will be Parisian influenced, with high-end apartments, boutiques, societal clubs, delectable bistros and four-star restaurants (all shops will be owned businesses). Belvedere's spirit has always been very artistic and sophisticated. Unfortunately, its spirit has always retained its snobbery as well; in spite of this, the town is also home to a fair amount of middle-class families that own businesses or work in education.

York Grove (might change the name) will be loosely based off of Vancouver, BC—a beautiful downtown where most of Belvedere's residents commute, eat, shop, or live. York Grove's West Side boasts museums and high-rise apartments in addition to firms, private offices, and the courthouse. Several West Side inhabitants will be young, urban professionals (who as a whole are much less psychopathic than Patrick Bateman, fortunately), techies, and budding socialites, all of whom have some connection with Belvedere's affluent families. Since the oldest commonly inherits the family home, younger siblings tend to make permanent residences of their condos or townhouses.

While the West Side has its own trendy bars and low-key lounges, most go to York Grove's East Side for whatever nightlife the city has to offer—abandoned factories converted into restless nightclubs, as well as dive bars and seedy poker rooms. Those who call this side home are of the bohemian variety, but most are hipsters seeking city life without the West's high costs. Like the West Side, they have their own coffeehouses and casual venues to frequent. Further into the East Side, however, one will find the lower middle- to lower-income families living paycheck to paycheck. Mayor Llewellyn has promised to restore the dilapidated area, but after meager reform, these residents have long since lost hope.

Point Marlowe is the island off the coast of the municipality, and Sims arrive only by Belvedere's ferry. Elder Sims commonly choose to retire here, but the sleepy island has its own community of colorful characters. Stoughton University is the region's prestigious, oldest and private university, while the University of York Grove is an equally scholarly but younger and livelier university.

That's basically it for now! I also have a few families done (i.e. history and Sims are created), but I'll write them in later posts.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:23 PM
Your hood sounds promising and rich with details. I hope you will post some pics and go into some detail of how you play the game (any self-made rules or complexities you would impose). It's seems customized to the max! even with your own universities and vacation hoods!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:45 PM
@Charmful Thanks! I'm a writer too and I wanted to have a fun project that was kind of like a soap opera. Lots of drama among families but also political and even criminal drama too. I'm not building any lots though, that would take too long—but I've downloaded many lots since August.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:52 PM
Haha that's how I am too. It would take too long to everything from scratch so I make use of existing lots already uploaded by people. Besides they put in hard work and were kind enough to share, why not indulge? ooh political and criminal dramas are always a fun read! I hope to see more and how it develops!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:06 PM
It sounds like my kind of place! :lovestruc

I can't wait until you have time to play this, @priviel - I can picture the hoods already from your lovely descriptions! I can tell you're a writer.
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM
It seems like an interesting hood! I can't wait to hear more about it! I love how well-planned out ant tasteful it is .

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:06 AM
Thanks, everyone! I posted photos of what it looked like here before becoming dissatisfied, mostly with the terrains, but that's the overall aesthetic. I originally didn't want to use hood deco skyscrapers for York Grove (the last photo), hence why it doesn't look much like a downtown. It will likely undergo the most change.
Space Pony
#8 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 2:16 AM
Love those pics <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:06 PM
Your hood looks great.
Link Ninja
#10 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:25 PM
Those pics are fantastic!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by priviel
Thanks, everyone! I posted photos of what it looked like here

Oh yes, I remember clicking 'LOVE LOVE LOVE' on those pictures when I saw them! :lovestruc

It's a beautiful neighbourhood, I'd really like to see more pictures of the hood, lots and sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:08 PM
Your setup sounds fascinating, I like how you will have politics and drama. Looking forward to reading more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:49 PM
I like your detailed setup. I always think I'm going to do something like that, but I never do. I look forward to reading more of your story.