Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:48 PM
It might not fit in here entirely... what do you think about sims without wishes (or only one or two) and wishes/fears concerning the human statue? Hood doomed or just strange?
The hood checker gave me no warnings about corruption but I know it isn't allmighty (even though it is a fantastic program).

What fits in:
My signs of hood corruption were disappearing sims and lots, as well as those scribbly lines in tought and speech bubbles.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frostwyrm
It might not fit in here entirely... what do you think about sims without wishes (or only one or two) and wishes/fears concerning the human statue? Hood doomed or just strange?

What kind of wants? I had Coral Oldie want to see the ghost of the UC in a brand new, cleaned up Pleasantview (not the one I've just been talking about) but as she'd just been mugged by him, I didn't think anything of it. If the statue's been annoying your sims, I can see them rolling similar wants.
Test Subject
#78 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:03 PM
She has never met the statue while I played her.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:08 PM
Oh, well then I'm inclined to say "that's a bit strange." Not necessarily bad though, just strange.
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:10 PM
I hope you're right
Thank you for calming me down.
Scholar
#81 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:46 PM
I believe that Sims missing wants is just an ordinary bug. There's even a way to fix it, one which I always forget and always need to look up whenever this happens in my game.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
I believe that Sims missing wants is just an ordinary bug. There's even a way to fix it, one which I always forget and always need to look up whenever this happens in my game.

Mine also have missing wants sometimes, but when they either sleep and then wake up or achieve the only want available, it gets back to normal.
Scholar
#83 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:53 PM
Actually, I think that all it takes - sometimes - is to fulfill one of the wants/fears you can see and the panel resets. Or take them to the com lot, which also resets the wants panel.

ETA: Sorry, M.M.A.A. I said basically the same thing as you, and didn't even notice. Distracted! trying to do too many things at once, like clean my house and reply to posts, and watch a sit com at the same time. All while I'm hungry. I feel like a Sim whose player has gone mad with commands!
Mad Poster
#84 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
ETA: Sorry, M.M.A.A. I said basically the same thing as you, and didn't even notice. Distracted! trying to do too many things at once, like clean my house and reply to posts, and watch a sit com at the same time. All while I'm hungry. I feel like a Sim whose player has gone mad with commands!

CALM DOWN! BREATHE! BREATHE! BREATHE!

And just to add something: the only want available sometimes would be either buying a community or vacation home lot.
Alchemist
#85 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:30 PM
I have a family that picks up the phone then hangs back up every time they try to make a call. They can use cell phones, but the cell phones always disappear from their inventories. It's not the lot, because moving them some place else didn't help. Their son can use all phones again now that he lives in a dorm. Is that a sign of corruption?

Also, is the game likely to get corrupted if I teleport Sims from the main hood onto a vacation lot?
Scholar
#86 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I have a family that picks up the phone then hangs back up every time they try to make a call. They can use cell phones, but the cell phones always disappear from their inventories. It's not the lot, because moving them some place else didn't help. Their son can use all phones again now that he lives in a dorm. Is that a sign of corruption?

Also, is the game likely to get corrupted if I teleport Sims from the main hood onto a vacation lot?

That's not a sign of corruption but of an outadted phone hack or something like that. Maybe a conflict involving hacks that deal with phones.
Can never say it enough: update your mods and check for conflicts. This is actually another thing I dread: conflicts. because I need to exit the game - and it seems that it takes forever to load! - and then combing through my Mods folder in search of the culprit. And then deciding which one needs to go.
This game is such a chore sometimes.
Alchemist
#87 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I removed my downloads folder and ran the game without it to check for mod issues long ago. The problem was still there.
Scholar
#88 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:20 PM
I'm sorry I had something similar happen to me, but it was a hack problem. i still don't think it's corruption, but a bug. Did you google this issue? I seem to remember that this was reported by some players a while ago. (Anything having to deal with TS2 happened a while ago and nowadays whenever i search for anything relating to this game I get TS3 instead.)
Maybe an EP related issue or something like that? I read about it when it was reported back then but can't remember now.
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I removed my downloads folder and ran the game without it to check for mod issues long ago. The problem was still there.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that AL (or some other EP) messed up the whole cell phone thing and would make them disappear every time they tried to use it or answer it.

But I dont know what would cause the house phones to not work either :/
Mad Poster
#90 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:59 PM
I have Apartment Life and my sims use cell phones freely. Possibly this was something taken care of in the patch? If they're bugging in a patched game, I got nothing.

I asked about this in Stupid/Random Questions but since I'm here...Anybody guess what I might have done, while fixing family relationships in SimPE, to turn the thumbnail backgrounds for the Smith Family red and render them invisible and unselectable in the game? I play Strangetown seldom enough that I don't mind, much, resetting that neighborhood and starting over; but it'd be nice not to make the same mistake again!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#91 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:27 PM
The disappearing cell phone thing is an AL bug. Not sure if the AL patch fixed it, but I think so. At any rate, Pescado's alfixes definitely fixes it. First line of the rtfm: 1. Cellphones can now be answered without being eated.
Alchemist
#92 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:20 PM
I'm using (legally) downloaded copies from Origin, which I figured were prepatched. In any case thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll grab Pescado's fix so at least I might not have to confiscate their cellphones from their inventories as soon as they finish the call to stop them from being deleted. Might not, because this is the only family with disappearing cells. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this topic. IIRC, I had a thread awhile ago about it but no one had any ideas.
Scholar
#93 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:13 AM
Yeah, good old Pescado.

I always used to download his hack directory before installing anything, so the tons of glitches, bugs and stuff that trouble people are unknown to me.
omglo, seriously, if you haven't already, go to MATY and fetch his fixes. As I understood it, the patches didn't fix things they alleged to have fixed, and his AL fixes are still very much needed.
Scholar
#94 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 11:42 AM
just out of curiousity, if the patches mostly didn't fix what they were intended to fix, are they really that necessary? More so in regard to Pescado's fabulous work?
Mad Poster
#95 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
just out of curiousity, if the patches mostly didn't fix what they were intended to fix, are they really that necessary? More so in regard to Pescado's fabulous work?

Patches are still VERY important, and I absolutely would not play an unpatched game.

Pescado's fixes are also very important and required, in my game.

eta: Most of Pescado's stuff assumes players will be using it in a patched game.
Scholar
#96 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Most of Pescado's stuff assumes players will be using it in a patched game.

Exactly.
Theorist
#97 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:42 PM
I'm using (legally) downloaded copies from Origin, which I figured were prepatched. In any case thanks everyone for the suggestions.

You should try to install a patch, it doesn't sound like your game was already prepatched. The AL patch has fixed the cellphone bug for me.
Scholar
#98 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:37 PM
thank you Darby

Next question: is this a sign of corruption or just a graphic card issue?

The bubbles you see in pic were from the sink but I moved sink, went to live mode, bubbles still there...moved counter, excited buy mode, bubbles still there...I have since put the sink back, I cannot move the bubbles...

I am playing an asylum challenge again, something I noticed was a few of the other sims (household members that I am not playing) would every so often give me a pop-up of "can't you see I am in a bad mood? I am not doing that!" I have no idea why. I was under the assumption that this would only appear when player-directed...

Is having multiple images in a thought bubble just showing a smart sim, or a corrupted one?

I hope I haven't bogarted thread, just really curious...
Screenshots
Scholar
#99 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
thank you Darby

Next question: is this a sign of corruption or just a graphic card issue?

The bubbles you see in pic were from the sink but I moved sink, went to live mode, bubbles still there...moved counter, excited buy mode, bubbles still there...I have since put the sink back, I cannot move the bubbles...

I am playing an asylum challenge again, something I noticed was a few of the other sims (household members that I am not playing) would every so often give me a pop-up of "can't you see I am in a bad mood? I am not doing that!" I have no idea why. I was under the assumption that this would only appear when player-directed...

Is having multiple images in a thought bubble just showing a smart sim, or a corrupted one?

I hope I haven't bogarted thread, just really curious...

It looks like it's just stuck SFX to me. That happens sometimes I use the batbox and it has an option to nuke them. Not sure how else to get rid of it but it shouldn't corrupt anything.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:09 PM
I've seen the "I'm not doing that. Can't you see I'm in a bad mood?" thing pop up spontaneously before. I think it's a having fun versus skilling thing. A sim low on fun may initially think a game of chess would help, but then he/she realizes that while chess (or piano, etc.) is fun, it's also "skilling", which sims low on fun (or in a bad mood in general - aspiration in red) are loathe to do.

That's when the game throws that message. The mechanism does not, apparently, differentiate between player-directed behavior and autonomous behavior under those circumstances.
Page 4 of 5