Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop for Clothes - Updated for Patch 1.38 - 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 11:41 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM by ani_ : Forgot to mention a bug.

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:45 AM
macthekat: I've tested it, if 1.26 is the newest.
Forum Resident
#52 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 8:00 PM
Thank you so much for this, ani_! I love all your mods.

I have a quick question about this one though. After I buy the clothes for my sims to wear, are they suppose to go to the dresser so I can switch them around since we only have a limited number of slots per each outfit? If so, I don't get the "plan outfit" menu on the dressers after I bought them.

If this is what is meant to happen, then do I have to buy the clothes again when I want to change up an outfit?
Sorry about asking such simple questions, but I wanted to make sure if this is what you wanted to happen or if this is something that I did wrong.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:42 AM
The plan outfit menu is removed from the dresser and added to the clothing rack (with a different name + payment code). That's what basically let you have unlimited clothes for free.

You can still click on the dresser and choose what outfit to change into. Using plan outfit, and the new shopping interaction go to the same cas screen. So yes, if you want to change what outfits your Sim has in the slots, you have to buy new ones.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#54 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:58 AM
Thank you for letting me know, ani_.
Just wanted to make sure that it was intentional and not a mod conflict.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#55 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 1:52 AM
Hi Ani

It doesn't work at all in my case, I haven't got the options "suggest outfit "or "buy outfit".. I can only view the clothes rack.. Have you got an idea of what happens?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 9:15 PM Last edited by Delinque : 24th Dec 2011 at 10:14 PM.
We can only save three outfits?
And if you want to buy an outfit again, we must save it to the one we bought?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 6:27 AM
mimi250: Take a look at the help section of MTS and make sure your mods folder is set up correctly.

Delinque: This mod does not change how many outfits you can have, but twallan has a mod for that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 10:13 PM
I tested the updated file and if you don't write any number in the popup you get the clothes for free wich kind of defeats the purpose of the mod. I rather being charged for the clothes (even if the price is wrong sometimes) than choosing the price myself.
I downloaded the ani_ShopForClothes.zip file, wich I supposed has the old system, but the buy interaction didn't show up in the rack (my game is fully updated), so It would be great if you can upload a version with a fixed price as an option.

That and THANKS for your mods, they make the game closer to what it should have been.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MRSAMPLESIM
I tested the updated file and if you don't write any number in the popup you get the clothes for free wich kind of defeats the purpose of the mod. I rather being charged for the clothes (even if the price is wrong sometimes) than choosing the price myself.
I downloaded the ani_ShopForClothes.zip file, wich I supposed has the old system, but the buy interaction didn't show up in the rack (my game is fully updated), so It would be great if you can upload a version with a fixed price as an option.

That and THANKS for your mods, they make the game closer to what it should have been.

Thanks for the comment. The old one shouldn't be used if you have pets or above.

I can add some type of fix price to the next update, but also keeping the new version and the option to pay/not pay as you wish.

The SHT version is just an update to the new version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:46 PM
Cool!!, I'll be waiting. :D
Thanks for updating your mods by the way.
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:00 PM
dose it works for 1.33?
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:22 PM
Not being able to shop for clothes is one of the few things that's been really bothering me in the TS3.. Thank you for your work but it doesn't fix this issue, since the outfits a sim spent money on would be lost, as he can only has 3 existing outfit each time... But I have a idea if you can make it work it will fix this issue perfectly

Here it is:

=> A sim can only buy clothes from a community lot, and not his/her own drawer.
When you click on a sim's drawer and select "plan an outfit", the only clothes that are available to choose from are the ones you already have or bought (have from the first CAS when you created your sim, and bought from the community lot later) And from what's available (from what you have and bought) you can choose 3 outfits as you like and whenever you like, without paying again for them

The more you buy clothes from the community lot (it could be a shop or whatever) the more you unlock what you can have on your drawer.. and this way, not only it's more realistic but it doesn't make you loose the clothes you bought because you are restricted by the 3 outfit rule

What do you think? )
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#63 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:17 PM
How are we supposed to change our career clothes by using your mod?
Instructor
#64 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:41 PM
Sorry, I had to delete my previous post because it was plain stupidity on my part... it wasn't working for me on a community lot because my Sim didn't have a dresser at home...

It works fine, and the owner of the community lot where the clothe-racks are placed gets the money my Sim has spent on his new clothes.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:34 PM
does it work with 1.36
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 6:07 PM
I seen that it's compatible up to 1.33 my game version is 1.36 will this still work? Also, is there any conflicts with any other mods like from NRASS teen pregnancy mods etc?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 11:49 PM
I dreamed for a long time about this mod! Thank You!

P.S. I can translate this mod to Russian.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 7:16 AM
This will conflict with NRAAS's Dresser correct?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 1:11 AM
Fantastic Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 4:45 PM
I have two questions.
1- Which is the Mod newer version?
2- If the _138 is the newer, when I buy some clothes there is a popup that asks me to choose the price and the option "Plan outfit" is still there. Where's the problem? xD
Field Researcher
#71 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:16 PM
update to 1.47 please!
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 10:49 PM
Default Cant shop on community lots :(
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Sorry, I had to delete my previous post because it was plain stupidity on my part... it wasn't working for me on a community lot because my Sim didn't have a dresser at home...

It works fine, and the owner of the community lot where the clothe-racks are placed gets the money my Sim has spent on his new clothes.

Hi ALex,

I cannot buy clothes on community lots using the rack, although I can do using a rack at home.
I want to be able to shop for clothes on community lots too. Pls let me know how u solved the issue. I already have a dresser at home and I dont have WA.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anitakar
Hi ALex,

I cannot buy clothes on community lots using the rack, although I can do using a rack at home.
I want to be able to shop for clothes on community lots too. Pls let me know how u solved the issue. I already have a dresser at home and I dont have WA.

I really don't understand why you wouldn't be able to use this on a community lot, that's where I have it. Try updating your game and using the newest version.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 8:11 PM
This isn't working, I clicked on the clothes rack and no option to buy comes up, however my sims can't go into CAS via the dresser.
P.S I haven't tried it at home, but there would be no point in using this mod if I had to shop at home.

My game is updated 1.50 and I believe I'm using the newer version.

I'm using: ani_ShopForClothes.zip

I already tried: ani_ShopForClothes_138.zip but that one didn't even remove the option to plan outfit from dresser.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 2:54 PM
This problem have never bothered me that much, but now that I think about it, this mod adds SO MUCH realism to the game! Thank you!
Page 3 of 4