Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:28 PM
Default Download Keywords / Tagging
Hi All,

A new (well, actually, I wrote the system ages ago, just never put it on the main servers) way of including your downloads in search results, as well as specifying "extra" keywords for your items has been introduced here on MTS2.

Creators can now add keywords to thier threads, which can then be used in the advanced search, and later on for making "collections" of similarly tagged items (for example, one use would be to display all threads which are tagged as "medieval")

You can find this new feature in the "Edit" option underneath the download post - it's the "Search Keywords" field.

Any questions/comments, let me know.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:30 PM
Thanks!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
#3 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:48 PM
Great! I had a awful time trying to find gothic stuff, I guess this'll make it better.

Oh we can be Heroes, just for one day - David Bowie
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. - James Dean
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:51 PM
Good
I think this is very useful improvement, searching will be from now on easier

"...One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie." - J. R. R. Tolkien
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:58 PM
awesome. Is there a way for creators to edit their previous uploads to include keywords?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:01 PM
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:29 PM
great addition to an already awesome site. thanks.

* If you download my sets please note that I usually include a collection file. Please do not pm me that you can not find something from my sets if you have not yet installed the collection file. I do it for a reason. Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd May 2006 at 9:00 PM
Awesome idea, I just finished editing my post with keywords
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd May 2006 at 9:28 PM
yeah i noticed that, pretty usefull ,thanks!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#10 Old 22nd May 2006 at 9:33 PM
Very useful site upgrade
I need to tag som of my threads soon

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:05 PM
Sparadise: Just checked out your post. Be careful: Tags are separated by commas or spaces. That means that if you write "stone castle, medieval", you've created 3 tags ('stone', 'castle', and 'medieval'), not 2.

Another thought: if we all get serious about tagging our uploads, and enough tags emerge, it might eventually allow Delphy to enable some tag-based navigation on the site. So let's all go and tag our past uploads!

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:06 PM
Great, this will make searching so much easier! Thanks, Delphy!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:32 PM
Very useful and user friendly Thank !
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#14 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:42 PM
Thank you so much, Delphy! That's a brilliant idea!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Instructor
#15 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:49 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea Delphy. This will make finding things so much easier. Thank-you.

-deviantinvader

Beep boop.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:52 PM
Default hello
hello , i'm happy
#17 Old 22nd May 2006 at 10:55 PM
Wait, Delphy... there seems to be a problem with this: I'm not sure whether this was just a problem on my computer or not, but adding tags to my uploaded lot caused the text in my lot description to become invisible. When I removed the tags, the text in the post became visible again. I just thought I'd report this, in case anyone else has the same problem. (I PMed you too, in case you don't see this )

Alchemist
#18 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:15 PM Last edited by pfish : 22nd May 2006 at 11:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
Wait, Delphy... there seems to be a problem with this: I'm not sure whether this was just a problem on my computer or not, but adding tags to my uploaded lot caused the text in my lot description to become invisible. When I removed the tags, the text in the post became visible again. I just thought I'd report this, in case anyone else has the same problem. (I PMed you too, in case you don't see this )

You can leave your thread after editing keyswords, then enter your same thread. Keyswords will be shown then. It happened to me, too. I did the same and words came back just finely.

Edit: When I entered my thread, words did not show up. I waited a few seconds and scroll down a little then words came back. Is this supposed to be like that?

Edit: jhd1189 is right after all. I took keyswords off my few threads. I will wait until this is fixed first.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
#19 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:28 PM Last edited by jhd1189 : 23rd May 2006 at 5:14 AM.
That's what I meant. The original thread disappears, and you have to highlight it to make it visible.

Quote:
Edit: jhd1189 is right after all. I took keyswords off my few threads. I will wait until this is fixed first.

hehehe... sorry, lol. Anyway... I'm glad I noticed that before everyone updated their uploads... that would have been messy.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Astymma : 22nd May 2006 at 11:47 PM.
Looking at the source to the pages, I'm seeing that the DIV with the description text uses class="bodytable" and the definition has an odd entry for color (underlined)...
Code:
.bodytable { background-color:#B0E2FF; color: #000; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;

This could be why the odd text behavior is happening.

edit: This was with the "Blue Skies" style.
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:43 PM
This is so helpful! Thanks Delphy. *Runs off to go update...*
#22 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
edit: This was with the "Blue Skies" style.

Ahh... same with me. I probably should have mentioned that.

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#23 Old 23rd May 2006 at 12:02 AM
Thats a valid color code. Its shorthand for #000000. Its happening under blue game style as well.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd May 2006 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Thats a valid color code. Its shorthand for #000000...

Ahh cool, thanks for the info.

Only other oddness I see is...
Code:
<p><small>Keywords: medieval <p></small>

Just doesn't seem like this would cause the odd behavior to happen.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd May 2006 at 12:24 AM
No, that wouldn't do it either. Thats just bad HTML.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Page 1 of 3