Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2011 at 7:55 PM
Default How to make kids for adoption pool?
I read about people restocking their adoption pools. How do I do this? Can I make infants or are toddlers the youngest that can be put into the pool? and how exactly is it done?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th May 2011 at 8:06 PM
The only way I know is making a family with kids. Have the kids get taken away by the Social Worker. They are then placed into the adoption pool.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Scholar
#3 Old 28th May 2011 at 8:15 PM
I have never used this feature myself, but I know it's possible with Sim Blender, from SimBology - http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th May 2011 at 12:14 AM
You CAN make a family with kids and then make the kids get taken away by the social worker, but I don't think it's neccesary to go to all that trouble.....because there's a much faster and easier way to "seed" the adoption pool! Here's what you do:

-Go into CAS (create-a-sim) and create a bunch of adult sims, making sure you don't make them related to each other (as otherwise they will still recognize each other as relatives even after being adopted). Give each one a name you like or at the very least can live with (since they will still have that name after being adopted).

-Age each one down to toddler (or child, if you'd prefer to seed the adoption pool with children instead of toddlers) to make sure they look human and at least half-way decent rather than something from another planet as toddlers or children (beautiful, CAS-created adults don't always look the best as toddlers/children!). If they DO look bad as a child/toddler, tweak their appearence until they do. I also recommend not using any CC make-up on the sims, as most of it looks quite awful on toddlers, and not much better on children. Then age them back to adult and save the group (I say group and not family since they aren't related to each other).

-Grab the group out of the family bin and plop them on a lot (I recommend putting an empty lot in your neighborhood to use for this purpose).

-Enter the lot the group is on. Once the lot has loaded, bring up the cheat window and type in the following: agesimscheat on

-Then age the sims down to toddler or child. Once you are done, turn off the cheat by typing the following: agesimscheat off (thus preventing yourself from forgetting it's on and accidentally aging a sim you didn't want to, as I once did!).

-The social worker should arrive within about five sim seconds and haul those toddlers/children off to the orphanage. Presto! Adoption pool seeded!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2011 at 12:12 AM
Thanks, FemGamePlayer!

Does CAS not ask for relationships to be established between created Sims in one household?

Otherwise, your suggestion is a good one. Very grateful for the help.
Inventor
#6 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bunnylips
Does CAS not ask for relationships to be established between created Sims in one household?

Not for adults, just teen and younger.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com