Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 7:17 AM
Default Texture memory
Hello,

Basically I was wondering if you can code sims to use 2048mb of video ram, as right now it says only 1024mb and my laptop has 2048mb. I mod sims quite a bit I was wondering if 1024mb is enough or not?
Thanks <3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 7:28 AM
Actually, and someone can correct me if I've got this wrong, but I believe TS3 can only really use around 800 MB of video memory. I really don't think the program is designed to know what to do with any in excess of that no matter how it's made available.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Actually, and someone can correct me if I've got this wrong, but I believe TS3 can only really use around 800 MB of video memory. I really don't think the program is designed to know what to do with any in excess of that no matter how it's made available.

Ah I see, I am just worried because I mod it and use CC XD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Ah I see, I am just worried because I mod it and use CC XD

Don't we all?

Ah, what this iteration of the game could have, should have, might have been had it come out of development a mere seven years later...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Don't we all?

Ah, what this iteration of the game could have, should have, might have been had it come out of development a mere seven years later...

Yeah I agree most definitely