Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:33 PM
Default Save a town for a new savegame
Hi everyone

I have a, probably really stupid, question. I made a lot of structural changes to one of my towns, but I would like to start the gameplay in it completely anew.
So save the town layout, but without the related, probably bloated, gameplay save file. Is that possible? Or does anyone have a good idea of what I could do?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's placed incorrectly
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:19 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:51 PM.
I used to do this and honestly after a while you're going to get tired of it. Learning caw if you haven't already would be a stable and permanent way to just load up a town with the changes rather than a save
BUT
If you really wanna avoid caw save the changes as a separate save and then use Nraas Master controller to reset the town... which I think only affects sims and their lives and stuff...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:08 AM
A MasterController Reset Everything rebuilds all sims, objects, and lots from the ground up based on the information that the game has on them at the time. It's more of a way to clean up lingering problems, fix errors, and help prevent game corruption if done on a somewhat regular basis (every few sim weeks perhaps). It doesn't start anything over or change anything about where sims are in their lives and progression, it's not that kind of reset.

Not sure this is what the OP is really after here. Perhaps what they had in mind was something more like Totally Annihilating the entire population with the intent to one way or another bring in fresh sims?
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:49 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 4th Apr 2018 at 1:46 AM.
oh good thanks for the correction! I was wondering about that. They would want to keep their build/buy changes to their world but reset the timeline part while also keeping the sims which is not possible?

Which again is why learning caw is the best way to go...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:27 PM
Possibly save the modified & new lots to the bin, start a new save in that world, and replace the existing lots with the modified ones & place any new lots you might have placed. Do nothing else. Save it with a memorable name & start new games in that world from that save instead? Not as elegant & flexible as learning CAW, but probably does the job.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:57 PM
It is possible:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...561#post3536561

Sim Thing had a tutorial, but the site is gone. You can get it here:
http://simfil.es/385218