Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 4:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Altering Sims 3 packs into package files issue.
Hi, so I've just began to use the Sims 3 pack multi-installer to alter my sims 3 packs into package files so I can then group them together and save loading time.
The issue I'm having is with a bunch of patterns I downloaded, there's 195 and there's no issue with them changing over but when I put them in game and look through the pattern's, there seems to be easily 100 if not more of the same pattern and same thumbnail, I should also point out that there are some patterns that have actually worked that are from the same set.. I've redownloaded the patterns, I've put them in the game without merging them and I'm sure the fault lies with the conversion but I'm not sure what it is that is going wrong or what is it I'm doing wrong.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:34 PM
I'm not sure if this is exactly your issue, but I've heard that patterns made with CAP need to be installed as Sims3Packs. Converting such patterns into package form usually leads to "Materials Materializing" error and wrong thumbnails. The problem is that creators very rarely point out what patterns have been made with CAP, so it's safer to install those ones which you're not sure about as Sims3Packs.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:01 AM
Hi Sophiehelene, not sure if it can help you, but here is what I did as I had to rebuild my whole CC:

First I needed a vanilla game, just for the tests. I renamed the "Electronic Arts" folder in "My Document"s and launched the game. It created a new folder. Then I carefully re-created the "Mods" subfolder and after converting my patterns to packages, I tested them one by one or two by two. It requires a lot of patience, but the final result will reward you. When the tests are done, you can sort the patterns. Some will need to be installed via the launcher, while the others will go into your "Mods" and will be safe.

I personally merged all my "package-patterns" with S3PE and I have only one package with tons of patterns.

Good luck !!