Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Sim3pe And Mono Crashing?!??!
So I've installed Mono; it's 2.10 and it works fine with X11/Quartz or whatever the new name is haha. I have already used dashboard and converted sims 3 pack files over. When I open sim3pe I'm unable to click "new" or it crashes. Everything else works fairly well for the most part. I've click and dragged stuff into S3PE and it works fine but I've recently come across some converted packages (the bulk of my DC) and I can't seem to drag them into the program for whatever reason and the only way for me to import it but every single time I click it it just crashes.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:06 AM
What version of s3pe?

Drag and drop has never work, it is not a feature of the tool, even in Windows. Opening a package via the File menu don't work? Not just some random package you downloaded over the Internet, try on a game .package file that we know the game can open when it last ran. Make sure to back it up first, though; unless you've already setup your project workspace with spare game .package(s).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:54 PM
Thanks, I actually figured it out. Not sure how but dragging and dropping did put them in but it was causing problems, I went to the sim3pe download source and downloaded a previous version of sim3pe and it now works fine. Just posting incase anyone else has the same problems I had.

Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
What version of s3pe?

Drag and drop has never work, it is not a feature of the tool, even in Windows. Opening a package via the File menu don't work? Not just some random package you downloaded over the Internet, try on a game .package file that we know the game can open when it last ran. Make sure to back it up first, though; unless you've already setup your project workspace with spare game .package(s).