Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:08 AM
Default Hack for townies ringing the doorbell
Is there a hack to stop townies from ringing my sim's doorbells after 9pm so that my sims family can get some sleep?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:35 AM
What you want is Pescado's "Quieter Doorbell." Then pixels can ring doorbells all they want at any time of day without waking anyone up, which is also useful if you've got vampires or toddlers sleeping during the day. Go here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ and click the link for your newest EP. Then choose the "hacks" link and then look for "doorbell-quieter" and download it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:44 AM
Thank you very much!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 8:34 AM
The doorbell wakes sims up? I must have really heavy sleepers.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 9:17 AM
Either that, or you've got the mod or some similar one and just don't know it. As far as I know, ringing doorbells will wake up all sleeping Sims in the household, even if they're floors away from the entry door. Which is, IMO, stupid, Which is why I got that mod.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 9:29 AM
Something else I desperately need, thanks iCad.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 4:51 PM
Well, it looks as if I was just lucky (or failed to figure out why my sims weren't staying in bed. I got that with hauntings for a while before I saw them get out of bed to be haunted). I tested it by inviting someone over, then sending my sim to bed and the doorbell woke them right up.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 5:42 PM
Well, in the grand scheme of things, doorbells don't get rung all that often. The only times I can think of off the top of my head are when you've invited someone over, or when friends of the household decide to make a spontaneous uninvited visit, or when delivery people arrive to deliver stuff. Or, if you've got FT, when Mr. Humble drops off the free computer. So, it could just be that you never had anyone sleeping when one of those things has happened or, like you said, you just didn't notice the effect. Me, I've got my toddlers on strictly-regulated sleep schedules, and household friends spontaneously showing up and ringing doorbells would wake them up and piss me off. That, and I've got a lot of vampires and...same thing. Especially when I didn't notice that they'd been woken up until I noticed that their icon was red and then...ooops. So, that mod has literally been a life-saver, at least when it comes to vampiric pixels' lives.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:01 PM
The description for the doorbell-quieter hack says only that it stops the Gypsy from coming over when a sim moves in. Is that the right hack?
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:02 PM
That's strange, Charity! All I can say is that the file in my Downloads is called doorbell-quieter.package. And that it works. So, I'm going to say that the wrong description got attached to the file.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:14 PM
Yeah, I thought the description would say that it stops the Gypsy from ringing the doorbell along with making doorbells quieter, but it only mentioned the Gypsy lol.
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:31 PM
Now I'm trying to remember if the gypsy rings the doorbell in my game... And I don't think she does. I think when she comes to a lot, either to drop off a lamp or when a new family has moved in and she comes to introduce herself, the dialogs just pop up on the screen without any doorbells ringing. But I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to pay attention next time.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
That's strange, Charity! All I can say is that the file in my Downloads is called doorbell-quieter.package. And that it works. So, I'm going to say that the wrong description got attached to the file.

Thank, you, iCad. I'd picked that up, but was put off from using it because the description didn't say anything about doors or doorbells. It always did strike me as odd that Sims will sleep though someone playing an amplified guitar in the next room, but not through a doorbell.