Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:19 PM
Default WCIF - Auto-Greet mods for community lots only
Is there a mod that provides a "Greet All" option on community lots, or better yet, an option that allows Sims to spawn on community lots pre-greeted (i.e. don't need to be greeted)? Apartment Life changed this about community lots, forcing Sims to be greeted before you could chat with them. I found this very annoying, especially when my small lots were crowded with Sims trying to just greet each other, which got really annoying (seriously, if you want to tell a joke, just TELL THE JOKE instead of wasting time greeting them, and then you turn around and disappear into the bathroom because you have to pee now). A mod that reverts back to pre-AL behavior would be great, but my Google search skills don't seem to be helping me today.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
Thanks for posting this and then pointing it out for me. I too would like something like this. I've subscribed to the thread, so hopefully someone out there knows of something. I like the "Greet" options on home lots, but not on community lots.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:34 PM
That's weird. I don't have to greet sims on community lots and I have AL. Are you sure a hack isn't conflicting?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:17 PM
Nope, this was a change made my Apartment Life. I don't have any greet mods (and I took out all my mods just to test), and I need to Greet Sims before I could do anything else with them. I remember seeing a mod for this somewhere, but forgot the name and lost the link.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:23 PM
I have a mod called interact to greet that stops the greet first thing in residential lots. I don't know if it works on community lots cause I don't play on them very much. Can't remember where it's from at the moment so I'll have to post a link for it later
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's weird. I don't have to greet sims on community lots and I have AL. Are you sure a hack isn't conflicting?

That makes me wonder if you have a hack that eliminates this feature, even if it's a side effect.. If you really don't have the requirement to "Greet" sims on community lots before you can do anything else with them (NCPs that is), and you have Apartment Life, I'd be curious to know what mods you have, though if your folder is anything like mine that would be difficult lol.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
I have a mod called interact to greet that stops the greet first thing in residential lots. I don't know if it works on community lots cause I don't play on them very much. Can't remember where it's from at the moment so I'll have to post a link for it later

Thank you! I think I found it!

http://modthesims.info/t/433620

Looks like there might be a few options on that page, though one you'll have to search for it seems...
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DistantWords
Thank you! I think I found it!

http://modthesims.info/t/433620

Looks like there might be a few options on that page, though one you'll have to search for it seems...

that second mod by squinge doesn't seem like it would help. According to the description it just stops the AL social group townie greets like the double cheek kiss, the high fives and such.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:43 PM
I can confirm that the instructions in the first post Reply in that thread does work! I chose the Apartment Life folder, because I didn't see anything newer, and it did work! The "Greet [Sim]" option is still there, but so are all of the other typical options. Good enough for me.
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DistantWords
I can confirm that the instructions in the first post Reply in that thread does work! I chose the Apartment Life folder, because I didn't see anything newer, and it did work! The "Greet [Sim]" option is still there, but so are all of the other typical options. Good enough for me.

I think MATY has Interact without greet, but I am not sure if it is only for residential lots or not.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:21 PM
I have the MATY mod in my main game and I don't remember having to greet sims on community lots, but the manual doesn't specifically mention it. I play another game at the moment without that mod, so I am not completely sure.

It's called interactwogreet and it's found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:53 AM
I do have interactwogreet actually (I have over 300 hacks, so ... XD).