Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Question about Process Monitor Log
Rig Specs: Radeon HD 7900 (it's recognized)
AMD FX 8350 (8 cores)
8GB RAM

I've finally updated to 1.67 and went combing through my mods in the process.

I'm certain they are all up-to-date, I took out the ones from MTS where I wasn't entirely sure, used the NRaas updater to make sure on that front, all the ones on Simsasylum from Shimrod, Twoftmama and Bluegenjutsu and the ones from Simlogical (mostly from NonaMena) and the sunbathing fix from Inge are updated.

I used Delphy's Dashboard to rule out any conflicts.

Both in merged (I used S3PE for that) and unmerged form, I start playing and after about 3 Sim days, the game starts lagging. Sims walk 5 steps, stop, five more steps, stop....

I've slowed down Twallan's StoryProgesssion and I have all the suual suspects: Error Trap, Overwatch, MC.

So, I thought, ok, must be other CC. I'm using CCMagic to merge those except for counters, lots, and worlds. After the update, I only installed Awesims St.Clair and the counters through the EAlauncher. (Overall, there is about 1.8 GB of custom content)

I use RadeonPro to launch the game as an FPS limiter

I use ellacharmed's fixed versions of EA worlds.

When running one of the lagging save games with all my stuff, ProcessMonitor tells me this and I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to do with it. The things that are accessed often are not in my Mod CCfolders but in the Gamedata folders. Is that normal?
Or does that point to a problem?

The only other thing I can think of: Lowering the settings or making fewer and bigger sets in CCMagic. I've got quite a few but smaller sets.
Screenshots
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:45 PM
Define the "lagging" you're experiencing. Is it affecting certain actions, or on certain Lots, certain Sims?
Is this happening on ALL Saves based on various Worlds, or just certain Worlds?

The abnormal would amount to upwards of millions vs thousands. Being read thousands of times is normal.

Oh! Does running the Save through Kuree's Save Cleaner @simlogical help?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Define the "lagging" you're experiencing. Is it affecting certain actions, or on certain Lots, certain Sims?
Is this happening on ALL Saves based on various Worlds, or just certain Worlds?

I found it happening with a new game in Twinbrook and a new game with St.Clair.
Also with old saves. Any lot/family, really.
Game time stops and starts and jumps. My fast time when they are sleeping is slow and jumps as well.
I tried with a 19 and a 23 speed setting in Relativity and with default settings.
Sound is fine, Sims stop, slide on the ground and continue, then stop again. About every 3 sim seconds. It's fine with a new game and gets gradually worse.

Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
The abnormal would amount to upwards of millions vs thousands. Being read thousands of times is normal.

Oh! Does running the Save through Kuree's Save Cleaner @simlogical help?

No, it didn't. Sorry, forgot to mention that. I also use velocitygrass' memory reduction mod.

Also, I set traffic lower with Twallan's Traffic, and reduced the animal population with Register.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:30 PM
Oh, Twinbrook needs a do-over. I'm not surprised a new game still lags. If you put the auto-reset for Stuck Sim to disable in Overwatch, you can help me by posting images of the where the stuck Sims can be found, in the Twinbrook download threads (either).
I don't know about St Clair, never opened it up. Is the creator still active?

Try a baseline comparison with more current fixes like your Sunset Valley Save and a newly started Sunset Valley game. Or Isla Paradiso.
How many Sim-weeks / Sim-years are these Saves? And what's the folder-size after the tool has done its thing? How big is the main .nhd and do you have travelDB and what is the filesize ?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:38 PM
It seems that Awesims has been quiet lately. I heard good things about that world but it never worked well for me.
I'm running a Save file she provided and then saved under a new name.
NHD of the last St. Clair one: 41MB
Travel DB:28MB

Twinbrook: NHD 36MB
Travel:DB 311KB

I have a newer Sunset Valley where I sent Christopher Steel to University just to check whether my mods are acting up.
I loaded it with all my CC and it seemed to be fine for 4 days plus one university day.
NHD Sunset Valley:34MB
NHD: University: 20MB
Until I adopted a kid and he wasn't home the first time. She didn't have a picture in the portrait panel and when I tried saving that one, the saving never (10 minutes) ended.

I don't load the EA worlds without your fixes. Thanks for them, btw.!

Ok, will check with Twinbrook next and disable auto-reset.

I'm starting to think it's just me, occasionally forgetting to turn moveobjects or testingcheats off.

Still, things have been weird, quitting the game takes forever until I sometimes have to force quit it in taskmanager.

How do I find the stuck sims fastest? Sorry, this might be a dumb question.

I don't have older Saves anymore. I did a complete reinstall a few weeks ago and deleted everything.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and questions!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
Stuck Sims HowTo: the most succinct explanation is by Daniel himself: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...5&postcount=118 and longer post at his blog http://sims3newyork.blogspot.sg/201...-yet-again.html

Perhaps it is the CC; if all other probable causes have been eliminated blah blah.
Since you use CCM, create a config and half your CC, and test. But first create a clean no-CC config and do a baseline test with the fixed world versions. That way you can compare what Sim-week each config allows you to play until you get the first signs of lags.

If you do these Stuck Check while you play, and find more stuck Sims instances, don't forget to let me know where, no matter the world. If there's no post on that world yet (if I haven't release them), you can either PM, drop a note in my Journal Guestbook, or my blog post that asks for routing issues reports, or Twitter.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:58 PM Last edited by 310175 : 26th Jul 2014 at 8:19 PM.
Oh wow, I only need to click on the portrait to zoom to the stuck sim? Bloody Hell, 5 years of playing....

I AM an idiot.

I did my initial playthrough after updating with and without any CC but with the mods.The lag was the same.
As it looks like none of the mods is the culprit and Process Monitor doesn't show any weirdness, I will start playing Twinbrook with the Jones's. How come I never played them, they are so nicely dysfunctional!

Thanks for all the help!

ETA:
Ok, I've done a few playthroughs in Twinbrook and nothing has changed except I ended up with a firefighter in one of them and my fire station was completely borked!
No colleagues and no interaction with the firealarm was possible. My one job canceled immediately. I have no idea what caused it.

Also, I couldn't go back to live mode after I tried to remedy the situation with testingcheats and "buy on this lot".

No stuck sims in 4 days. I have to stop now, my CPU temp is going really high and I really need a new fan/heatsink. Until I have that, I don't want to play anymore.