Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:08 AM
Default Is it too late?
I am finally at a point in my gameplay where legacies really mean something. I want to start blogging, but I think it may be too late to start a blog now that TS4 has arrived. Opinions, anyone?

*sorry if it's lame to ask here. my friends do NOT understand my addiction to The Sims. you all, on the other hand, do*

It is impossible to get on your feet until you get off your butt.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 3:40 AM
Right now there are 63 viewing the TS2 forums, 132 in TS3, and only 54 in the TS4 section. I don't know what that means for blogs, but 3 is the game most people are playing atm.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 6:32 AM
I think you should do what you want to do - if that's Sims 3, then awesome! There's a lot of us who took a look at was in (and not in) the Sims 4 and just said, "Nope."
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 6:44 AM
I do not see the time approaching when I'll abandon my TS3 blog. I've enjoyed TS2 blogs as well, including the "BSFS" style that never caught on for TS3.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 6:58 AM
I still see Sims 1 Let's Play's around so why would it be too late for a Sims 3 blog if that's what you want to do. People are playing all four games. I'm a Sims 2 player myself but see heaps of Sims 3 let's palys. You don't have to play to read either as I am currently on Let's Play's watching Sims 1, 2 and 4. I don't even have 4.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:39 AM Last edited by Baiaana : 6th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM.
No, it's not late.SIms 4 and 3 are so different that a lot of people (including me) will play ts3 well, let's say, forever
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 10:43 AM
Sims 4 (or the entire Sims franchise) is not some RPG game where people can play, win, and replay. So the hype for Sims 4 doesn't take away anything from Sims 3.

On the flip side, Sims 3 is fully developed (sent out its last patch) with all the EPs and whatnot content. It is a complete game, most stable in its history. Sims 4 is like when Sims 3 first came out: lacking so many things, you practically got a base game, half baked, and probably crash a lot. So it's not too fun to play Sims 4 right now. I learned this from jumping from Sims 2 to 3, going with the promise of "seamless exploration". But when I was on Sims 3, my selections of furniture and clothes were minuscule, CC was also very little. And the game crashed so much without CC like NRAAS.

So in short, Sims 3 is the current Sims game right now. Sims 4 is ... open beta.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:11 PM
Oh hell no it's not too late. TS3 didn't end TS2, and TS2 didn't end TS1. So it stands to reason that TS4 won't end TS3.

Hell, I'm contemplating having another bash at a legacy blog myself, so you go for it OP!
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:11 PM
Considering there are still people blogging for TS2, I'd say you're fine
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:34 PM
I thought it was too late too but I went with it and started a tumblr a few weeks ago. I'm having a lot of fun and it's great because I can organize my stories and families.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Sims 4 (or the entire Sims franchise) is not some RPG game where people can play, win, and replay. So the hype for Sims 4 doesn't take away anything from Sims 3.

On the flip side, Sims 3 is fully developed (sent out its last patch) with all the EPs and whatnot content. It is a complete game, most stable in its history. Sims 4 is like when Sims 3 first came out: lacking so many things, you practically got a base game, half baked, and probably crash a lot. So it's not too fun to play Sims 4 right now. I learned this from jumping from Sims 2 to 3, going with the promise of "seamless exploration". But when I was on Sims 3, my selections of furniture and clothes were minuscule, CC was also very little. And the game crashed so much without CC like NRAAS.

So in short, Sims 3 is the current Sims game right now. Sims 4 is ... open beta.

I very much remember jumping from TS2 to TS3....and I waited a year. Ughhhh. No, I have all the mods I want, all the expansions I want *I lack IP and UL. Diving doesn't do anything for me, and I can't stand the college thing. I really can't*.

It is impossible to get on your feet until you get off your butt.
Instructor
#12 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:47 AM
I am wanting to start a blog about sims 3 too, when i find some time

It all depend of what you want. If you want a lot of followers and attention, you won't get it with sims 3, because most "cool" people are playing sims 4. But if you don't care about having a wide audience and you just want to be a niche blog, i don't think it's too late, as long as you share interesting stories i think there will be people wanting to check your blog