Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-In-One and Nanny 090429

by christianlov Posted 26th May 2008 at 9:57 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM by christianlov : Bug found

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Test Subject
#101 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 9:06 PM
I'm having a little trouble getting a nanny? I get this message when I try to assign one:

"Sorry but there is no sim of that type in this neighborhood or all sims of that type are already in this lot. We may need to create one."

If I hire a regular useless nanny for the day, will that mean I can get an NPC Nanny after I fire her?
Test Subject
#102 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 1:18 AM
HAHAHAHAH thank you! <3
This is absolutely fabulous.
Test Subject
#103 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 3:01 PM
Does anyone know if this works with Freetime? I can't get it to work and now when I buy any painting they aren't showing up on my walls.
Test Subject
#104 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:17 PM
i have a question, is it possible to make them harvest your garden, then stock the fridge, then if they have anything else, stock the juicer...otherwise this is one of the best hacks ever!!! thanks so much, i love this hack
Test Subject
#105 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anghara
I'm having a little trouble getting a nanny? I get this message when I try to assign one:

"Sorry but there is no sim of that type in this neighborhood or all sims of that type are already in this lot. We may need to create one."

If I hire a regular useless nanny for the day, will that mean I can get an NPC Nanny after I fire her?

No to make one, you have to get the NPC tweak, i forgot what section it is in...well anyways, its a vace, with gold on it...you click on it and it will say, make NPC, or Nanny, make a nanny, it will ask you a couple question, like skin color, male, female...etc. and it will make one, go back to the Nanny control, and assign the nanny you just created... and it should work...sorry if i didnt explain good enough,
tejanca
Test Subject
#106 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 1:56 AM
Yes, you came back, fantastic :D
I really glad to see the sims keep some interest to you
The Korean strike again lol
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:47 AM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can't thank u enough for this!I just got done trying it out and using ur clothing boutique to change my nanny and maid/EVERYTHING into victorian wear. And it all works so wonderfully! EVEN putting out fires- she was right on it LOL! They don't sleep very much though LOL! Oh and to those who r having trouble figuring out how to change ur NPC 's clothing what I did was "summon" someone from the neighborhood to my house (using insimenator) got them to meet my NPCs'. Then went the neighbor saving the game and went to their house and got ChristianLov's clothing boutique and clicked buy neighbors clothes>NPC and they showed up in the list (when they wouldn't back at the main lot) and from there once u're done buying it automatically put me to planning and VOILA! Once again THANK YOU Christainlov!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#108 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButterflyEternity
Does anyone know if this works with Freetime? I can't get it to work and now when I buy any painting they aren't showing up on my walls.

Just an update it is working great with Freetime I was having issues with my custom content turning off every time I started the game so now my goof up is resolved I just wanted to say thanks that it works great!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:43 PM Last edited by christianlov : 18th Jul 2008 at 1:38 PM. Reason: obsolete
so, i used a password generator program and changed mts2 password and now i didn't save the password, so i can not update the first post. new version is here, there's no big change, just size changed and some trivial change, so if you don't have any problem with current version, you don't need to update
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:00 AM
Thanks so much for this! I have a family sim that could really use an extr pair of hands!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:55 AM
Boy do I feel stupid. I've used the vase to supposedly make a new nanny but the old one keeps showing up. What am I missing? Do I need to kill her off first?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Martrae
Boy do I feel stupid. I've used the vase to supposedly make a new nanny but the old one keeps showing up. What am I missing? Do I need to kill her off first?

you need to assign there is a menu which can be found upon the paintings or stoves
Test Subject
#113 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 3:36 PM
I did that....it only offered the old Sim.

I'm going to try installing your new version to see if that will fix me.
Test Subject
#114 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 5:10 AM
Ok...apparently I'm completely and utterly broken. I can't make a new one even though the diagnose menu says everything is installed properly.

I killed off the old one hoping it would allow me to spawn a new one so I don't even have her anymore.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the package many times to no avail. It's probably a conflict with one of my other hacks but I'll be dipped if I can see how (and the hack conflict scanner I ran didn't find anything).

I'm one sad panda.
Test Subject
#115 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 8:05 AM
Same here. I love the hack - i mean, babies take too much time y'know?

But something's wrong cos it always shows an error when I try to make a new nanny or schedule one.. what's up with that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pj_m83
Same here. I love the hack - i mean, babies take too much time y'know?

But something's wrong cos it always shows an error when I try to make a new nanny or schedule one.. what's up with that?

Could you give me your log?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 2:19 PM Last edited by christianlov : 18th Jul 2008 at 1:39 PM. Reason: obsolete
Default Update
1. "The Sims 2 IKEA® Home Stuff" supported
2. Tweak tool dianose message fixed
3. Will check validity of controllers
4. Redundant menus removed
5. "tip" also will be accumulated on "pay check" tokens.
Test Subject
#118 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 10:08 PM
Please help with the Nanny and the All-In-One NPC
First, I want to say thank you for such a creative and useful tool. I'm figuring it out slowly. I am having some problems with it and I'm hoping you can help.

1. The nanny would not teach the toddler even though the "Teach" option was turned on. I finally had to get the grandfather to potty train the toddler. The nanny wouldn't do it. Is it because she didn't have any autonomy? She just stood like a soldier by her picture until the toddler needed a diaper or a bottle.

2. When I gave the nanny autonomy, she hogged the computer and wouldn't let the family use it. She also followed the family around and nagged them. Is there any way to make her more pleasant and considerate? I'm guessing that I need something between full autonomy and no autonomy. How do I do that?

3. The Ain1 complains about chairs around the dinner table. The table seats 6, but she only seems happy if one side of the table has no chairs at all. She also complains about furniture in the living room being in her way. The rest of the family has no trouble getting around. She almost ruined my toddler's birthday party because she just stood by the cake and complained really loud. I finally had to use the "Move Objects" cheat to put her outside. What do I need to do to make her happy with the furniture? In another house, I have 6 chairs around the table, but the Ain1 only serves 5 seats.

4. I have had about 4 Ain1s so far in 2 different households. No one seems to be able to cook anything but chili. There was one Ain1 that made cereal once, but no more. Even if I use the menu on the stove to choose omeletes or lobster or anything else, all I get is chili. How do I get them to cook what I ask for?

5. When I use the vase to create a new NPC, I don't see any new ones available when I try to assign one. The only thing I've found that works is to put several paintings in the house. Wait for the NPCs to show up. Then fire them all. Then they become available in the "Assign" pool. But I can't seem to use the menu to change their appearance. If I choose the option to change their gender, age, or skin color, nothing happens. What am I missing? How is this supposed to work?

I know that there is a lot here, but I would appreciate any help that you can offer. If you have any additional documentation anywhere, you can just point me there.

Anyway, thanks again for a terrific tool.

Sue
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 12:35 AM Last edited by christianlov : 7th Jul 2008 at 2:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
First, I want to say thank you for such a creative and useful tool. I'm figuring it out slowly. I am having some problems with it and I'm hoping you can help.

hihi~~

1. The nanny would not teach the toddler even though the "Teach" option was turned on. I finally had to get the grandfather to potty train the toddler. The nanny wouldn't do it. Is it because she didn't have any autonomy? She just stood like a soldier by her picture until the toddler needed a diaper or a bottle.

are you using maxis objects? if you use custom objects, have you tried making her recognize them?

2. When I gave the nanny autonomy, she hogged the computer and wouldn't let the family use it. She also followed the family around and nagged them. Is there any way to make her more pleasant and considerate? I'm guessing that I need something between full autonomy and no autonomy. How do I do that?

we can use "autonomy - sit", if we want them to rest more calmly. they will sit on a chair, chat with other sims, and won't be annoying that much. with full autonomy selected, annoyance (to some degree) is inevitable.

3. The Ain1 complains about chairs around the dinner table. The table seats 6, but she only seems happy if one side of the table has no chairs at all. She also complains about furniture in the living room being in her way. The rest of the family has no trouble getting around. She almost ruined my toddler's birthday party because she just stood by the cake and complained really loud. I finally had to use the "Move Objects" cheat to put her outside. What do I need to do to make her happy with the furniture? In another house, I have 6 chairs around the table, but the Ain1 only serves 5 seats.

the reason why she keeps complaining or throwing tantrum, is (mostly) because she cannot go near to some place for some reason. sometimes, deleting that object (you can see about what she is complaining, by checking their thought balloons in some cases) and replacing it in a spacious empty place may help.

4. I have had about 4 Ain1s so far in 2 different households. No one seems to be able to cook anything but chili. There was one Ain1 that made cereal once, but no more. Even if I use the menu on the stove to choose omeletes or lobster or anything else, all I get is chili. How do I get them to cook what I ask for?

i do not see this in my game...

5. When I use the vase to create a new NPC, I don't see any new ones available when I try to assign one. The only thing I've found that works is to put several paintings in the house. Wait for the NPCs to show up. Then fire them all. Then they become available in the "Assign" pool?

ah, i see the file in the first post will not let you assign. assigner is broken in that file. please try the updated file i uploaded here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...7&postcount=117

But I can't seem to use the menu to change their appearance. If I choose the option to change their gender, age, or skin color, nothing happens. What am I missing? How is this supposed to work?

there is an option in the tweak tool. we can use the tool to change appearance and so on (feature is somewhat limited). but, the menus in the "preferences" options (things like "preferences - skintone", "preferences - default outfit casual", "preferences - male" and so on?), will not work. they should be removed but because i am kinda lazy... so, they are still there, sorry about that.
Test Subject
#120 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 9:21 PM
Confused. I really like the idea of this but having a hard time figuring it out. First, I created a schedule and checked the option and I have the cooking on. My problem is the ain1's (I had one with just the oven and then purchased the painting so i'm getting 2) doing everything except sit and cook. My family is starving and they just stand infront of the oven. They approach it and then turn around. Approach it and then turn around. They do all the housework OK but when finished they just stand in front of th oven. What am I not doing?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 12:56 AM Last edited by christianlov : 8th Jul 2008 at 1:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BJF
Confused. I really like the idea of this but having a hard time figuring it out. First, I created a schedule and checked the option and I have the cooking on. My problem is the ain1's (I had one with just the oven and then purchased the painting so i'm getting 2) doing everything except sit and cook. My family is starving and they just stand infront of the oven. They approach it and then turn around. Approach it and then turn around. They do all the housework OK but when finished they just stand in front of th oven. What am I not doing?

it is expalined in "Tips 1. Cooking" section in the first post. so, there are a few things that we need to check.

the most important thing is about how we design the kitchen, so

1) if you use aio painting, a stove should be in the same room with the painting. so, no babeque grill, small mixer machine and so on.

2) there should be a empty dining table in the same room with the stove, and the painting. so all the stuffs should be in one room.

"empty" means there is no decorative object placed on the table. no candle, napkin, and so on.

also it should be a dining table. no tea table, computer desk and so on.

3) there should be dining chairs placed in the right direction. no bar stool, sofa, lounge chair and so on.

4) and the cook option should be turned on.

simple way to test, is playing in darren dreamer or brandi broke's lot in pleasantview. i remember their kitchen was perfect.
Test Subject
#122 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 2:32 AM
Can I just do the stove and not the painting? If I put both then I get 2 ain1's. Also, I have the autonomy set to full time and clicked on autonomy sit and they just stand near the stove. I can't get them to sit at all. And she will not go to bed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#123 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 5:03 AM
Can I just do the stove and not the painting? If I put both then I get 2 ain1's. Also, I have the autonomy set to full time and clicked on autonomy sit and they just stand near the stove. I can't get them to sit at all. And she will not go to bed.

you can use normal stoves (including custom ones). ain1s will cook using them.

And she will not go to bed.

please do following things.

1. turn on autonomy full option.
2. please set up time plan to let them work overnight. they will sleep from 0:00 to 5:00.
2. please buy the special bed for ains.

Also, I have the autonomy set to full time and clicked on autonomy sit and they just stand near the stove.

i do not see this in my game.
Test Subject
#124 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 9:45 AM
YAY.....that update fixed me. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#125 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christianlov1
Could you give me your log?

I downloaded the latest Ikea hack and it works now!!!!!!! WOAH!!! I'm overjoyed!!!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *o*

Page 5 of 10