Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
How to retrieve old saved files to a newly installed Sims 3?
Hi,
my old disc had crashed completely, though some friend of mine managed to save everything on it including old Sims 3 save files under CasThumbnails package and AllThumbnails package files. I installed the Sims 3 on the new disc and tried to retrieve old saved files (as he advised) via copying these two package files into Package folder (from Mods folder). These package files - that's those two I mentionned above - are they the files that include everything what was saved throughout the previous games?
I'm an absolute Sims beginner, in fact I'm asking all these questions in my daughter's name, that's why I may not know the basics.
New installation went fine, I updated the game version to 1.67. Still, this is a completely new game and I have no idea how to retrieve old saves. Maybe they were in some other files, not these two package files I mentionned???
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:28 PM
Those aren't the saves - those two files don't matter, you can ignore them. You want the Saves folder.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#3 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:50 PM
You may also need the Installed Worlds folder if the save was in a world that didn't ship with the game or an EP. And Saved Sims might be nice.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook