Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 4:19 PM Last edited by whiterider : 4th Nov 2007 at 9:27 AM.
Default Creator Challenges - Exceptional Awards, and the Next Challenge!
NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: THERE IS MORE TO OLD HOLLYWOOD THAN MARILYN MONROE!! Do some research, find something interesting, or little known, and surprise us!
_______

First off, apologies - things have gone nowhere near the timeline they were meant to, mostly because this has been the first challenge causing... logistical difficulties , and because college started and suddenly the concept of "free time" became somewhat alien. Hopefully the next theme will go a little more smoothly!

Exceptional Awards!

As much as writing as much guff as possible in order to keep you all in suspense is an appealing idea, it would probably be mean... so without further ado, and in no particular order, the three most Exceptional entries to the Ancients Challenge!
(And remember, it may not match up to the poll results...)

For an absolutely gorgeous recreation, with some beautiful texturing; made all the more jaw-dropping by the fact that she has been solely a clothing creator in the past:
The Parthenon: by Phaenoh!

For a very useful and absolutely beautifully made set, which opens up realms of new possibilities for pyramids and the like:
"Egyptian Temple": by -Maylin-!

And finally, an absolutely breathtaking piece of work, with great attention to detail:
The White Rose Of Rome: by MaORiLiCioUs7!

Huge congratulations, and thanks, to the creators of these three uploads - which were not only chosen for their quality, but also for the exceptional effort put into them: and special mentions also for Tatiana Dokuchic and iamliz13, whose work was far and away some of the best
And, of course, for everyone else who entered - we've had some fantastic entries, thankyou and well done to all.

Prizes!

Everyone who entered the challenge, will get
  • A trophy icon on their profile page
  • A trophy object for their game

Trophy Icons
Everyone who entered the challenge now has a trophy icon on their profile - Right underneath their name and avatar. Those who won exceptional awards have a special gold icon. You'll get a new icon for each challenge you enter - gotta catch 'em all!

Trophy Objects
Those who entered will be PM'd with a link from which they can download the trophy item. If you lose the trophy for any reason, the link will still be valid so you can redownload it.
You earned this trophy! It is yours, please do not redistribute it to others. That takes the excitement out of the whole affair and is not overly sportsmanlike.

Winners of Exceptional trophies will have personalised trophies emailed to them in a few days. Use the time to make sure the email on your profile is still valid!

And finally...

The next Creator Challenge!
This time round the theme is Old Hollywood, we want to see glamorous dressing rooms, Marylin Monroe, and the Sparkly Red Dress. Be creative!
The Old Hollywood download section is here.

Remember, if you need more information on the challenge rules, process, or winnings, click here!

Get your entries in before 15 Oct - sooner is better!

Now get creating - and have fun!
MTS2 Staff

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
20 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 5:46 PM
YAY, congrats to the winners!!!! Oh one more thing, Can I do any kind of thing for the Old Hollywood contest as long as it is part of old holywood "era"?

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 6:53 PM
Default Thanks for hosting the contest
Congratulation to the winners! weldone and you deserve to get the trophy!

Thanks to Echo and Numenor for the trophy and MTS2 and its dedicated staffs for hosting the contest.

I want to enter thte next one as well. may start work on it when I have an idea of what to make and also I need to be back where my sims 2 game computer is...

weldone to all participants as well! including me Yay i have successfully entered a contest !!

cheerios hope i go back in time for the next contest.

until then! good luck and have fun

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#4 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 7:05 PM
Congrats guys!
Y'all did a GREAT job!
Hopefully I'll have time to make something for this challenge.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 7:10 PM
Yep congrats to all ! This challenge has show an amazing work ! Bravo !
And of course thanks for the site, the organisation, the idea...

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 7:19 PM
The winners certainly deserve all the praise and cool stuff they are going to get. I was floored by many of the creations.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 7:42 PM
Masterofallvideogames; yes - as long as it is Old Hollywood related, go for it - so not the favourite football team of the time, but maybe the actors who partrayed them in The Cheesy Movie, etc .

SimBliss, well, that's the point of these challenges - to try out something new. Give it a go!

#8 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 7:47 PM
Yay I just need to take pics of my thing then upload!

The person's initials are J.M.S.
Hopefully he gets accepted!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
Alchemist
#9 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:22 PM
I can only agree, totally agree with this contest result, it must have been really a pain to decide the final Exceptional Creations since they all deserve a special prize. My congratulations to these talented members! You all rock!
Kiss and ciao

(btw, the participation prize makes me so proud!!! isn't it lovely? thank you MTS2 stuff, very honoured )
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:53 PM
Hah! I can breathe again. I'd been holding my breath since I posted my entry! Glad that is over. I have the feeling I'm going to have trouble outdoing myself this time. I gave myself a hard act to follow. Maybe I'll just recolor some paintings this time around... Thanks Delphy and Numenor and Echo and Whiterider and everyone else behind the scenes. You guys make this site a fun place to be!

EDIT: When's the due-date for Old Hollywood?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 9:03 PM
Congratulations to all the Exceptional winners and also to iamliz13. Wonderful work from everyone.

Many thanks to MTS2 for the contest. It was a blast.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 9:27 PM
wow all i can make are clothes recolors and floors/walls/terrains maybe thats what ill do!make a studio with my poor creating skills....as soon as i figure out how to post stuff on here.. *downloads simPE*
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:25 PM
Congrats to everyone who entered -- I was pleased with everyone's efforts, including the efforts of those who didn't necessarily expect a big prize, and still gave it their best efforts.

I think that everyone who got something posted to the area is a winner.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 11:13 PM
Old Hollywood is open now - so the end date will be the 15th October.
(15th October 2006 if you listen to the site a few hours ago )

Scholar
#15 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 11:39 PM
Congrats to the winners!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 11:52 PM
A BIG congratulations to the winners! And Also a BIG congratulations to everyone who entered! Its not easy to put yourself out there for all to judge and as far as i'm concerned everyone is a winner!!! Huge Thank you to Delphy,Echo, Numenor and Whiterider! And all who voted :lovestruc

One Amazing story and a brilliant writer
Ravenous
A Vampire Legend
Written by tifftoff9
#17 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Masterofallvideogames : 16th Sep 2007 at 12:52 AM.
Well it's official My "Sim" is in the moderation Que, and I made him look exactly the same as in real life! , and thanks to the people who made the Trophy I got!

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:44 AM
congrat to those who won

Live..Laugh..Love..
Inventor
#19 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:31 AM
Oh goodness - think its time to work on that one project I'd been saving images for....

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:35 AM
Thank you for my participant's trophy... It is already on my mantle... Of course, I have many mantles.... time to brainstorm...thank you!
retired moderator
#21 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elvira0731
Thank you for my participant's trophy... It is already on my mantle... Of course, I have many mantles.... time to brainstorm...thank you!
It's out? .... Do the three of us get the regular trophy too? I'm confused by my lack of PMs and/or emails...
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:29 AM
Congrats winners! Your entries were excellent! Good job to all that participated in the first contest!
Going to start on the next soon, sounds fun!

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
#23 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:33 AM
I dunno? But I just got the "Thank you for entering one( with showoff)".... mabe you should check here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=239934 also located at the top post.

retired moderator
#24 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Masterofallvideogames
I dunno? But I just got the "Thank you for entering one( with showoff)".... mabe you should check here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=239934 also located at the top post.
Yeah, I triple checked that post beforehand, and from what I can tell everyone who enters is supposed to get the thank you showoff trophy. But then I never got a PM about it. They said the email with the other one will come a few days later, to give us time to get our email in order, so that one I'm not concerned about yet. I'm just highly confused about the other one.

Since a mod is eventually going to read this, I might as well ask the other question on my mind, I assume the prizes are going to stay the same from contest to contest, yes?
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#25 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 8:25 AM
Thanks a lot MTS2 Staff for the contest and congrats to the winners!
All the entries were so awesome!
I'm so glad to be a winner that I want to thank everyone who voted for me! :lovestruc
-Maylin-

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Page 1 of 4