Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 7:52 PM Last edited by Charley-x : 15th Aug 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Default Tips and Tricks.
Have you got any tips and tricks for the fellow girls?
I don't mean anything serious, just little helpful things.

I have a couple;

1. If you get deodrant marks on a item of clothing just before your going out wipe over it with tights, it comes off.

2. If your going out for a party and taking a bag, pack one or two saftey pins in the side pocket of the bag, you never know when you might need them.

3. If your ever having a dinner party with some friends and they have to bring their children, in advance make some little goodie bags with some sweets and pencils ectt. to keep the children quite. [aimed at parents]

4. If you have a problem with slugs eating plants put a dish of flat coke in your garden - they will be attracted by the sweet smell and will drown.

5. Clear lipgloss or vaseline as a undercoat is a great way to keep your eyeshadow in tip top shape.

6. If your going out and don't really care to re-applying your make-up, apply moisturizer under your make-up and spray hairspray over your face, remember to shut your eyes and use it at a distance.

Feel free to ask/provide any more tips or even some website which have handy tips.

REMEMBER: This thread is for TipS and Tricks [NOTICE THE TITLE] with apperence, clothes and stuff like that, it's not meant for advice on boys, we have thread for that!!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 8:02 PM
Default Dating Do's and Don'ts
Do communicate with him.

Never let him fall silent; get him to talk.

Do be honest with him.

Never hide anything from him; let him know how u really think and feel.

Do give him space if he needs it. You dont want to be too clingy.

Never give him too much where he feels he can do anything and it wont affect you. Let him know there are limits.

Do remind him of how much you care for him, and how much he means to you, because believe it or not they love to be admired just as much as we do.

Never let him get away with treating you bad in a way that either made you upset or uncomfortable. I dont care how much you like him or how hard it took you to get him!! It will only get worst in a matter of time if you dont speak up about it.

Do let him hang out with his buddies. Also let him pick his friends not you. If there is trust in this relationship...you shouldn't have to worry because you know in your heart that it's you that he wants.

Never let him wear the pants! Ladies nowadays times are changing and sometimes a man needs to be put in his place every once in awhile, otherwise he'll think he'll have a say so for everything.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
#3 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:47 PM
Don't let anyone change you, or tell you how to dress

When going to dances, do not booty dance with the girls, You will be called a slut, whore, lesbian. Trust me.

Don't take too many pictures of yourself, it will just tell everyone that you're in love with yourself a bit tooo much.

If you have tiny pockets, Don't put your cellphone in them :p

Don't change your style/theme of style so quickly, you'll be called a poser

If you have any pets, Never ever smack them, kick them, or push them away, Would you like that done to you??

If you've lost a pet/someone recently, or in the past...Cry as much as possible - It shows people you care.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lumino
When going to dances, do not booty dance with the girls, You will be called a slut, whore, lesbian. Trust me.

That's a good one :p

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lumino

My counter- tip. If you care about being called a slut whore or lesbian, don't booty dance with other girls, if you have the self confidence to handle that, go for it, its lots of fun.

Being able to laugh at yourself makes it much harder for people to make fun of you, since you're having just as much fun as they are.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
My counter- tip. If you care about being called a slut whore or lesbian, don't booty dance with other girls, if you have the self confidence to handle that, go for it, its lots of fun.

Being able to laugh at yourself makes it much harder for people to make fun of you, since you're having just as much fun as they are.

ooOOOooh that's a good one too :p

Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • Always use top and base coat when polishing your nails- the actual color will last a week longer.
  • Wear leather gloves when putting on hosiery or tights to smooth out the wrinkles and prevent tears.
  • Always take a purse, and always have feminine products in it- there's no occasion not to.
  • Never wear white after Labor Day. Cardinal sin.
  • If your shoes chafe your feet, put a strip of moleskin or a band-aid where it hurts to cut down friction.
  • Use a wet Q-tip to remove mistakes made with mascara and eyeliner.
  • When using tan lotion, dilute it with regular lotion to make the imperfections less obvious.
  • To make blush last, use cream blush on top of your foundation and beneath powder blush.
I'm sure I'll think of more... these are just little fashion tips.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 10:13 PM
-Always carry a quick-drying clear nail polish - if you make a hole in your tights, go to the nearest bathroom and put some nail polish on the hole to stop it laddering. If your at home apply the nail varnish then stick the tights in the freezer - if your out, you'll just have to wait for the nail varnish to dry :]

-Take your make-up off every night and moisturize to get a nice smooth complexion.

- If you've just had a spray tan, moisturize after EVERY shower, it'll last longer.

- If you have fake eyelashes on and want them to last, be careful when taking mascara off - and try to keep them dry as possilbe- if it mean tilting your head back in the shower then just washing your face with a flanel after.

- Keep your legs shaved. If you do ladder your tights and have to take them off - nothing wors than hairy legs on display.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 10:26 PM
Maintain good posture. It makes you look taller, it makes your chest look bigger and your stomach smaller, and it makes you look and feel more confident and assertive. It also helps make your back not hurt if you're sitting in one place for a long time.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 10:29 PM
That's a big one, FurryPanda, and I agree wholeheartedly. When I was younger, my parents used to harrass me constantly about maintaining good posture, but now that I've grown up to be 5'9, I understand why they were so consistent about railrod posture . It's so unattractive to see tall people slouch, so I make it a point not to.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 10:30 PM
^^ Not only do my parents harass me about good posture but my sister does too and I'm 5'8

Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 10:45 PM
+ Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in. Don't go out wearing a mini skirt, 6 inch heels, fishnet stockings and a see through shirt unless you feel comfortable in them...or are a prostitute.
+ Cleanse at night and in the morning. I stopped cleansing in the morning for a while, and my skin was...well, horrible. Now I've started cleansing at both times and my skin is nice and clear.
+ Get plenty of sleep. Bags under the eyes are not attractive, and it is also not healthy to not get sleep. But we all knew that one, didn't we?
#13 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:44 AM
Haha, It's true. Booty Dancing with "girls" is just...A bit sick. I went to a dance on friday and the guidance counselor had to come break it up in the middle of the dance floor. I was just watching it, not in it or anything haah.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:03 AM
Maintain good posture.
Definitely. My parents didn't enforce that with me when I was a kid, and up to a year or so ago, I totally slouched. :hmm: I've had to train myself out of that habit over months, and it's still not automatic.

EDIT: Oh! I remembered a tip to post: Don't pluck your eyebrows too thin. Groomed is good, but unnaturally thin brows are gross.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:47 AM
ALWAYS carry a supply of Pads or Tampons wherever you go. If you leave them at home don't be shy to ask one of your friends for one.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 3:00 AM
Speaking of which- if you miss it and stain your pants and don't have a tampon, don't make a big deal. If you're not with female friends, then there's usually bathroom tampon dispensers, and if not, ask a waitress or similar. Don't be embarrassed by asking her, you will probably never see her again, and if you do, she won't remember you. I waitressed for a year or two and people did ask for tampons from me, but I wouldn't be able to pick any of them out of a crowd.

As to the stain on your pants, tie a sweater around your waist. If you don't have one, borrow or buy one, or just glare at anyone who stares.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:45 AM
Always carry a nail filer in your purse! You don't know how many times I've broken a nail at work, and it'd be catching onto the fabrics of all my nice shirts and sweaters throughout the day.

It's also always good to have a tiny bottle of Motrin or Tylenol handy. Cramps spring up on me at the most random and inconvenient times, and ibuprofen works wonders for it. It's also useful if you are prone to headaches in general.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:44 AM
Maintain good posture.

Amen. I'm 6 foot tall and if it wasn't for the fact that I danced when I was little and developed good posture through that I would spend my life hunched over :D

- Tall people, never ever be self conscious or let anyone (especially shorter guys) make you feel bad about your height. They're just jealous.
- Always ALWAYS wear suncreen. (What?! I'm from a country with the highest rate of skin cancer)

Grab more of my houses and sims @ LL30 & LJ
Random sim pics - Bits & BobsLivingSims
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 4:21 PM
Before shaving your legs, exfoliate your skin! It sloughs off extraneous dry skin allowing you to get a closer shave, allowing you to go longer between shaving (if you're lazy about this like me, it can be a lifesaver!).

Drink at least 8 cups of water a day! It does wonders for your skin and dehydration is a bugger-and-a-half (trust me).

If you aren't a fan of carrying purses, invest in a cute cigar case for holding tampons. They fit nicely in a trouser or jacket pocket and can help you remember to restock (when you get older/busier like me, this can be an issue).

To prevent fine necklace chains from getting tangled, run them through a cut-to-length plastic drinking straw before clasping.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:06 PM
That necklace one will be great for me, before i got out i spend about 20 minutes untangling my necklaces. :]

Alchemist
#21 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:10 PM
. If you get animal fur/hair on your clothes or bags, wrap some cellotape around your hand and use the sticky side to get it off
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:23 PM
Before you get a spray tan, exfoliate first! This will get rid of dead skin so when you get your spray tan it wont come off when the dead skin comes off lols. It'll last MUCH longer :]

Before you get false nails, push back your cuticules :]

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 7:40 PM
Maintain good posture. It makes you look taller, it makes your chest look bigger and your stomach smaller, and it makes you look and feel more confident and assertive. It also helps make your back not hurt if you're sitting in one place for a long time.

I wish I would have paid more attention to this one as a kid. Maybe now I wouldn't have scoliosis (and I'd have a seemingly bigger chest ).
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
ALWAYS carry a supply of Pads or Tampons wherever you go.

God, how true.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 4:15 PM
+One big honking black purse should be your best friend. It goes with everything, carries everything you could ever need in the way of entertainment, feminine products, makeup and money, and is completely worth the trouble of keeping track of.

+If people are not creative with insulting your free-spirited-ness and call you gay, then the best response to confuse them and make everyone else crack up (assuming you're around moderately intelligent people) is to say "Isn't it a well known fact that people that accuse other people of homosexuality are often masking thier own?"

+Wear comfy shoes to dances. No matter what you wear, you will be kicking it off, but even if you only wear it for half an hour, five inch stilettos make your feet hurt.

+Don't wear flip flops when hiking, even if its to impress a boy. Doubtless any straight male you'd be interested in would notice that your feet are lovely and appreciate that you're showing them off for him </sarcasm>, but he won't be attracted when the thong bisects your foot permanently, or when you get poison ivy.

Page 1 of 3