Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#826 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:43 PM
Okay, so I decided to try the Angel City by Coasterboi, which was recommended here but for some reason it won't install. The launcher just keeps telling me to make sure my game is fully patched. Now I'm at 1.63 and have no plans going further at this point. Still, I find it odd since I've been able to install other worlds like Fairhaven CIty and Legasy Island 3 without any problems. Does anyone else have this problem with Angel City or is it because I don't have Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms (kinda figured the game would replace the missing stuff like it usually does).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#827 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:44 PM
I've just started a game in Lost Cove by Blackgryffin here at MTS and also to be found at www.tech-hippie.com. It's beautiful, haunting, a sort of post apolcalyptic world 28 years later and plays pretty well. I've been running the savegame for a sim week and it's awesome.

I would certainly recommend NRAAS' traffic to get rid of cars and such

The requirements say that most of the store worlds might have things in them that might have been used but it's fine for me without them. There are a lot of lamps standing around but they don't really feel out of place. A few patterns don't seem to show up this way, but again, easily fixed.
It needs a lot of sets by Cyclonsue over at TSR, but I would recommend getting those anyway if you like grungy stuff.
Mad Poster
#828 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 10:11 PM
Another shameless display of self-promotion, looking to share and get feedback!

I have a second version of the world I was building up on both MTS and Tumblr.

MTS3 Link: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...245#post4519245
Tumblr Link: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...age-all-the-lot

Some pictures:

More in the links above.
Test Subject
#829 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:53 AM Last edited by insiderw : 9th Sep 2014 at 8:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Okay, so I decided to try the Angel City by Coasterboi, which was recommended here but for some reason it won't install. The launcher just keeps telling me to make sure my game is fully patched. Now I'm at 1.63 and have no plans going further at this point. Still, I find it odd since I've been able to install other worlds like Fairhaven CIty and Legasy Island 3 without any problems. Does anyone else have this problem with Angel City or is it because I don't have Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms (kinda figured the game would replace the missing stuff like it usually does).

I had troubles installing it from a sims3pack downloaded form the createworld site, but finally just downloaded it to the launcher from the exchange and it installed with no problems. If it doesn't work for you, maybe you could try with a .world file? There is a CC-free (ferris wheel-free) version here: http://illyiannasblog.wordpress.com...-by-coasterboi/

And BTW, if you have all the expansions, I think the WoohooJuiceSimoleons AC save file looks amazing http://woohoo-juice-simoleons.tumbl...to-download-the. It doesn't work for me, as I don't have Supernatural, so I did my own version using the skyscraper buildings deco cc from one of the New York worlds. Unfortunately my deco buildings are not as tall as those in the WJS save, but I'm quite happy with my edit anyway.
Alchemist
#830 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insiderw
I had troubles installing it from a sims3pack downloaded form the createworld site, but finally just downloaded it to the launcher from the exchange and it installed with no problems. If it doesn't work for you, maybe you could try with a .world file? There is a CC-free (ferris wheel-free) version here: http://illyiannasblog.wordpress.com...-by-coasterboi/

And BTW, if you have all the expansions, I think the WoohooJuiceSimoleons AC save file looks amazing http://woohoo-juice-simoleons.tumbl...to-download-the. It doesn't work for me, as I don't have Supernatural, so I did my own version using the skyscraper buildings deco cc from one of the New York worlds. Unfortunately my deco buildings are not as tall as those in the WJS save, but I'm quite happy with my edit anyway.

Actually I downloaded the world straigt from the enxchance. Odd. Though I chose the save file, not directly into the launcher. I'll try once more but if it still doesn't work, I now have the .world file to use, thanks to you. The link is really appreciated, both links actually.
Mad Poster
#831 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:06 AM
I've had games going strong in Glenvale County,Winfield,Oak Leaf and Gibsons though GC is Rflong7's creation and the other three are my CAW projects.I started playing them because I had to test them from CAW to make sure they were playable in the game.
Lab Assistant
#832 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:38 AM
Going to ask for a world recommendation since I'm not going to start playing Sims 4 and would like to start a new "legacy" sometime soon.

My perfect world would
- use all expansion packs up to Island Paradise (I don't have Into the Future nor do I plan to get it)
- medium or large map
- no huge amounts of CC, a little bit I don't mind (store content is not a problem)
- a small-town setting, more rural than urban, but with a distinct downtown area for shopping, rabbit holes etc
- playable, some lag is inevitable but the routing should be good to keep the world going
- old-fashioned/gothic/victorian influences are a big plus
- utilize most community lot types - however I don't need or use every type of bar, dog parks, showtime lots...
- I don't mind adding some residential lots from the library or building them myself - the overall quality of community lots is more important
- not really into desert/tropical worlds, prefer ones that would naturally have all four seasons

A long list, I know! But if someone can recommend a world that would fit into these things, I would be very grateful for help. Thank you in advance.
Alchemist
#833 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KirsiF
Going to ask for a world recommendation since I'm not going to start playing Sims 4 and would like to start a new "legacy" sometime soon.

My perfect world would
- use all expansion packs up to Island Paradise (I don't have Into the Future nor do I plan to get it)
- medium or large map
- no huge amounts of CC, a little bit I don't mind (store content is not a problem)
- a small-town setting, more rural than urban, but with a distinct downtown area for shopping, rabbit holes etc
- playable, some lag is inevitable but the routing should be good to keep the world going
- old-fashioned/gothic/victorian influences are a big plus
- utilize most community lot types - however I don't need or use every type of bar, dog parks, showtime lots...
- I don't mind adding some residential lots from the library or building them myself - the overall quality of community lots is more important
- not really into desert/tropical worlds, prefer ones that would naturally have all four seasons

A long list, I know! But if someone can recommend a world that would fit into these things, I would be very grateful for help. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried Evansdale County yet? I think it matches with what you're looking for.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#834 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:27 AM
Does anyone know of any good, large sized island worlds with lots of space for building?
Instructor
#835 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:52 AM
Also, does anyone know where Emporda can be downloaded? The links provided on the author's site are all broken, attempting to click on them only leads to a page saying "The resource you are trying access belongs to an account that has been suspended".
dodgy builder
#836 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Also, does anyone know where Emporda can be downloaded? The links provided on the author's site are all broken, attempting to click on them only leads to a page saying "The resource you are trying access belongs to an account that has been suspended".

That is odd, it's Nilxis isn't it? Luna is also spanish and her account has also been suspended.
Theorist
#837 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM Last edited by tizerist : 20th Nov 2014 at 7:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera

That's weird. I don't know if it's related or not, but I doubt we need to worry about Nilxis, he always backs his files up and he will appear here at some point.
About Emporda, I have the current version on my hard-drive, but I recommend waiting for the fixed version which should be out this year sometime.
EDIT: fixed Emporda will not appear in 2014.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#838 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:39 PM
OMG, I have fallen in love with Lillesund.

TBH, it is *everything* I have ever wanted in a world. All of the Mediterranean/Southern California/tropical beach worlds are beautiful, I will note. However, I just say that the theme is done to death... By both EA and custom content creators. That is not to take away from the quality of said worlds. They are all amazing, but as for me... Those sunny beach worlds just don't do it. I've always wanted a small port/harbor town set in a Northern/cold climate... And I finally found it, and it is just as amazing as I had ever hoped it would be.

OMG... Beautiful. It's based off of Norway, which also is really cool because I love Europe.

It runs really nicely, too. I thought I couldn't run The Sims 3 on this computer anymore, but with this world it is tolerable.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Inventor
#839 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM
My absolute favorite of all time would be Paris by The Sims Key, but it's really frying my computer so I no longer have it installed.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Field Researcher
#840 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:56 PM
I play with Evansdale County expanded (change a few lots with one's I downloaded and edited other ones.

This is a very nice world. It is not overly laggy, is beautiful, and the community lots themselves are particularly made well.
Instructor
#841 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 10:03 PM
Don't know if this is considered a necro thread, if it is, then spank me.

Does anyone know good and pretty, small to medium custom world. Preferably empty and non tropical island themed. In big neighbourhoods it takes too long to travel between locations and they are usually filled with community lots and I never even visit.
Scholar
#842 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 11:10 PM
Have you tried Dronningslund ? It's based on Denmark I think and it's pretty big but the town area is pretty small. Oh, and it's gorgeous.
Top Secret Researcher
#843 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:02 AM
My favourites:
I can agree with recommending Dronningslund. It's gorgeous. Enekjaer, also fromFagerSims
Mysimsreality: Meadow Glen, Evansdale, Storybrook County, Winchester Farming
MTS: Riverblossom Hills, Lost Cove (it's postapocalypse and needs some CC but it's beautiful)
It's small but it's beautiful and scenic: Eltham's Drift at Garden of Shadows.
Forum Resident
#844 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insiderw
I have the weirdiest bug with bridges in Angel City - they're all invisible except for the MV one. Are they all from Supernatural (the only EP I don't have)? I've tried installing/uninstalling the world a couple of times, even installed the cc-free version - same thing. They're invisible but seem to be functional - except for the one linking the city with the port, it just doesn't exist (there are motorboats at each bank of the river, but they're not moving, sims only get stuck in them).
Also the festival lot doesn't work for me - there are no festivals held there, but it's not a deal-breaker.
It's a shame about the bridges, otherwise AC would be my favorite custom world ever. I love the scenery and the layout, I have no lags (although quite a lot of unroutable sims), and it seems so full of life - I've never seen so many townies out and about before.

Hmm, I definitely don't have this problem with AC but yeah, I do have quite a few stuck Sims. Regardless, I still love the world.
Inventor
#845 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:07 PM
Finally Barcelona by Nilxis:
http://nilxisdesigns.blogspot.com.e...na-english.html

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
One Minute Ninja'd
#846 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enriquebell
Finally Barcelona by Nilxis:
http://nilxisdesigns.blogspot.com.e...na-english.html

Ooh, thank you! I've been waiting for that one for a long time! It looks beautiful. I'm a little concerned with the small number of residential lots (31 I think it said) but the world looks like a complete treat. Already downloaded and I'll check it out in the next few days. With CS just being released, my time is getting all messed up between thinking about my burgeoning city while in TS3, and worrying about my simmies when I'm in CS.
Field Researcher
#847 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 7:50 AM
Hi, I posted this on another thread, but really it belongs here - My Sim Realty has made a very nice island custom world. It's called SimLau Isles, and it's at http://www.mysimrealty.com/
Theorist
#848 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 7:59 AM
Barcelonas not quite finished though. Won't be long now, but worth waiting just a bit longer.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
One Minute Ninja'd
#849 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 9:18 AM
@tizerist It's not? In the blog post it states it's the final version. But if it's not, I'll hold off on the install until that happens.
Theorist
#850 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM Last edited by tizerist : 18th Mar 2015 at 7:52 PM.
look here
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5&goto=lastpost
It has issues with Traveler mod, which should be sorted soon

It's worth saying though, that Nilxis has brought Ts3 to a new level in some ways, with this town. Everywhere you are, you just have that "Woah! Look at that!" type of vibe. Ts3 is alive and screaming loudly when add-ons like this come around. Bravo Nilxis

#BlairWitchPetition
Page 34 of 42