Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default "Must have internet access to verify the games owner."
It feels like I've looked virtually everywhere but I just can't find a solution. Whenever I click play on the launcher, an EA notice pops up.
"Important! This game needs internet access for the games owner to be verified. Check your internet connection and try again."
*My internet works fine, there's no reason for this to be happening.
*My base game is a physical copy, and all of my EPs are on Origin. I've never had this problem before: everything worked perfectly fine until I reinstalled my game.
*My game is patched and up to date.
*I've tried being logged in through the launcher, same issue.
*All of my games have been legally purchased.
*If I take out the EPs and attempt to play with only the basegame installed, it works just fine.
I posted a thread about this a while back and nobody responded 8( Any help would be extremely appreciated, I seriously just can't figure this out. Thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:13 AM
It seems that you share this issue with several fellow simmers. Here is a link to a thread that could give you some help:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...fy/td-p/1544565

Good luck !
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:09 AM
wait what did that deleted post say
I HAVE TO KNOW IM SO CURIOUS
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:10 AM
Piracy-related.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Piracy-related.

oh no
also, @Mehrlicht, i've tried that thread before but so far nothing u~u i also can't access the "programs that are known to cause conflict" page for some reason, something about a missing token?? i feel like i've read every thread there is to read, i'm pretty near just giving up at this point, but i paid money for that junk and i don't want it to go to waste 8( especially since finally being able to afford sth like that after saving up for 23456 years feels like such a huge fuckin deal when youre 15
i just want to have nice things
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
oh no
also, @Mehrlicht, i've tried that thread before but so far nothing u~u i also can't access the "programs that are known to cause conflict" page for some reason, something about a missing token?? i feel like i've read every thread there is to read, i'm pretty near just giving up at this point, but i paid money for that junk and i don't want it to go to waste 8( especially since finally being able to afford sth like that after saving up for 23456 years feels like such a huge fuckin deal when youre 15
i just want to have nice things

Try logging in. It gave me the same error until I logged in with Origin (top right). Alternately, here's a crappy copy-pasta of the page:

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:38 PM
So I tried checking to see if Origin was conflicting with anything, and it wasn't. I also attempted disabling all my firewall and anti virus programs, but I'm still getting the same notification. After that I tried playing the game offline, and the pop up told me it couldn't connect to the server.