Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
Sorry the picture isn't bigger, it is but then even when I take a scrn prnt photobucket makes it really small when everyone else's picture is bigger

have you checked your load options, when you are given the option to load, look above the three slots slightly to your right and you'll see something tht says "max image size: 800 x 600 (options)" yours will probably have smaller size named, click on options to select the size you want it to load as

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon
have you checked your load options, when you are given the option to load, look above the three slots slightly to your right and you'll see something tht says "max image size: 800 x 600 (options)" yours will probably have smaller size named, click on options to select the size you want it to load as

that's one of the reasons why imageshack.us is way better in every ways than photobucket :smash:
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 11:07 AM
Hmm.. Ok, I'll try that when I next upload a picture. Thanks!

Edit: Here is an Easter Egg I found ages ago when playing on the Sims, I only just uploaded the picture today though.

A secret note! Unfortunatly it's just squiggly lines from what I can make out.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
#54 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 9:43 AM
Ooh, a secret note!
Which mirror is that??

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Instructor
#55 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:04 AM
I see words in a Reflex Sims set mirror... the one with all the iron decorations around it... but I thought it was a mistake
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 4:18 PM
The mirror is the cheapest stand mirror I think, its the rectangle wooden one.

Has anyone got OFB and looked through the Tinker family album? The pictures reveal that the reason that Melody doesn't want to run her parent's toy shop is because she got scared by a jack-in-the-box! It shows a picture of her as a toddler surprised when jack came out and then there's pictures of her doing the Ahhh! Sim face when she finds one on the floor in her teenage years.

Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides

That being said, I just remembered this little easter egg...one of the Maxis people must be a Harry Potter fan :p

As one of the biggest Harry Potter fans in the world, I noticed that the first time I played the game :p
#58 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Not to mention moving sims between 'hoods is dangerous business and can bork your game.

Really? I didn't know that.

Great thread by the way
#59 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryFanFiction
As one of the biggest Harry Potter fans in the world, I noticed that the first time I played the game :p

I've only just noticed that. I should be ashamed XD
Field Researcher
#60 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:21 AM
Sorry, I hate to bump threads. XD

If you look at the animation of the Free Time EP in that big box in the center, towards the end of it, you can see that one of the silhouettes is a golfer. Just pointing it out, but what if we get actually golf? But then I remembered we already got mini golf in the mini game.
#61 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:01 PM
Bella
[QUOTE=Edit: Today I was playing on my Royal Kingdom family, and when Queen Augusta was making some cereal (I really should move in a servant) I noticed this on the milk carton! Could it be Bella Goth?[/QUOTE]

Yup Bella is on the milk carton!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:13 PM
Wow, only just read this threads and never really noticed anything! Shows how much attention I pay in gameplay haha! I particuarly like the 'Prisoner of Azkalamp'
Keep them coming guys! Would love to see some more!
*off i run to find some myself!*
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 1:20 PM
Does anyone know the painting "Bella in Red"? It's found in The Sims 2. Well, if you have Nightlife, look closely at the vinyl container in the DJ booth. One of those vinyl covers looks like "Bella in Red".

BTW, there's a standing lamp called "Rave Against The Machine". Someone must've been a Rage Against The Machine fan...:D
#64 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 2:14 AM
Default Limecat is not amused lol
Hey thanks for the easter eggs! I was going to reply with the Limecat picture (in the first few pages of this thread regarding to a picture of a cat wearing the peel of a pomelo, and yes, its called Limecat)

Anyways a little infomation of the Limecat easter egg. It's quite a popular internet meme till recently and it originated from a huge anonymous message board called 4chan (NSFW) and people with "unfunny" threads or memes would get replies with the Limecat pic and the phrase "Limecat is not amused." macroed on it
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 2:58 PM
Stealthier - what does NSFW mean? And what's meme?

#66 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
Stealthier - what does NSFW mean?

Not Safe For Work - usually a site full of adult-related ads and what not. Not exactly what you would want to be caught looking at while you're working.
#67 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:34 AM
i am trying to post several pics of MySims easter eggs in the sims but i'm new and the board doesn't allow posting of URLs and pics. =(

nevermind, shall use explanation here.

- If you have Celebration Stuff expansion, check in the shopping catalog, there is an object that looks like a sculpture of a small couple hugging each other. The couple are characters from MySims.

- In Teen Style Stuff expansion, there is a notice board in the shopping catalog with 2 designs. Both designs have concept art from MySims and also the character. Zoom in for a closer inspection! ;D Another is a picture of Servo from The Sims 1 pasted on the notice board, check it out!

- One of the shirts in CAS supposedly has Ms Nicole's concept art on it (see the bobblehead Facebook addon over at the official Sims 2 website)

Have fun checking them out! Oh, and do post pics of more mysims easter eggs!

**ps. a meme is something that is catchy
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 9:45 PM
Great thread! Thanks for all these easter eggs!! I am not sure if this is anything but I know that you can stiff the pizza dude... Here is how if you don't know..

First call the pizza or whatever you would like delivered. Then pull up the cheat window. Shift + Ctrl + C and type in moveobjects on..

Now here is the sneaky part...

When you delivery arrives, as soon as pizza dude or whoever get out of the car and have it in their hands, pause the game and snatch the object out of their hands, placing it on the table or where ever.

When you unpause the guy will not ring your doorbell and will leave..

And wallah!! Free food!
#69 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:49 AM
Update! If you have one of the EPs that provides the new Gamer Career for your sims, there are references to Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft and The Sims game itself, read the job chance cards! Kinda humourous.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 8:06 AM
I don't know if this counts as an egg, but you know the expensive sportscar? Well, its manufacturer is Hwang Motors, and the product description starts with these words: "Do you feel that you're not measuring up? That something in your life is coming up short?"

Like I said, not too hard an egg to crack, but it made me laugh. :D
#71 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stealthier
Update! If you have one of the EPs that provides the new Gamer Career for your sims, there are references to Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft and The Sims game itself, read the job chance cards! Kinda humourous.

Hah, too funny! Wish they had Final Fantasy references (I play FFXI).
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 4:02 AM
I found on the back of The Star Report (I think that is what it's called..) it's that guy on the front of the Sims 1 box.

Sorry about the pictures!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 8:36 AM
Isn't that the guy in the balloon with Bella Goth?
Scholar
Original Poster
#74 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:47 AM
I thought the guy looked like Don, but it could be.

#75 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 1:42 PM
Wow, so many eastereggs.
I think in the German version of the game the fun of the eastereggs is not preserved because of the translation.=/
Page 3 of 16