Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
One Sim is Slower than the Others?
So, one of my Sims is slower to interact with than the others. Normally, when I click on an object or someone else than my Sim's head will pop up and the pie-menu appears within a second. The problem with the slower Sim is her head doesn't pop up for 5-7 seconds. This happens with every single interaction. Also when I hover over objects it takes longer to realize what I'm pointing at. When I tried to modify her with the mirror the game spend about 5 minutes switching to CAS, when normally it's less than 30 seconds. I'm using the others in the household as a gauge and there is definite lag on this one Sim. As far as I know she's not wearing any CC... I haven't had a chance to check but she might be wearing a formal dress CC, but could that effect her when she's not wearing it?

Oh, and I also want to ask about the refrigerator because it's become really slow for everyone to interact with. Do you think this is caused by too many items (ie: many different ingredients), too much items (ie: 50 limes), or too many leftovers?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:35 PM
Does your sim have a whole lot of stuff in her personal inventory?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:37 AM
She's got 5 Flamefruit, 1 Handiness book, 1 doll, and 1 car; all Base Game items. There was also an undroppable quest item from World Adventures, but the problem is still there without it. Some of my other Sims are carrying a ton more items than she is (like all the Fishing bait) but aren't having this problem.

Also I had a chance to check the outfits thoroughly; as far as I can tell her standard outfits are all Base Game stuff, except for the eye-makeup from Ambitions. Also I misremembered because the Formal dress is actually Base Game, not CC. I don't know if it matters but she's got 5 Karate outfits from World Adventures and the 1 Firewoman suit from Ambitions.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 2:24 AM
uhm, do you have any other ideas? It's really driving me crazy how slow it takes her to respond to every single command. It's in my Legacy Challenge and she's the Torch-Wielder, so she's going to be around for a long time. Is it possible she's holding onto invisible items or something weird like that?

Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM
you can access sims inventories with master controllers module cheats. there are options to reset objects and also to delete objects (if in your case somethings hidden that messes your inventory up) you can try that feature but as i said you need two mods then. master controller (linked to interactions page) and a module for that mod called cheats

both mods enable a lot of stuff in sims 3 and do visible changes to the game (e.p. string menues that werent there before) especially the base mod but also cheats. i use both for years but i am not sure if using two big mods like these are worth downloading if you only want to check if thats the cause for your slow-mo sim. read the descriptions of these mods (which are short) AND the interactions pages (which are long) for them to see if you really like what you get.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:40 PM
I checked the inventory, there wasn't anything hidden. I tried removing all makeup, changing all the outfits, resetting the Sim, moving everyone out, just testing to see if anything made her faster.

I changed her career from Firewoman to Sports and that sped her up right away!! Also I tried putting her back in Firewoman career and it's no longer causing the slowdown. The downside, lose current job progress, but I'm just so grateful to have her normal again!

What I don't get: Why would the Firewoman career slow her down this way? Hey, if she already had the Immune to Fire hidden trait and got it again from the career, would that create this error?

Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:51 PM
maybe its the trait. on the other hand there are some more careers actually buggy (e.p.fortuneteller on level 10)... who knows why...no idEA why... but good to know you could fix that.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>