Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Stuttering in Sims 3. Please Help!
Sims 3 is stuttering and i have almost no idea why i have made sims 3 recognise my gpu it now says Found:1 in deviceconfig.log but still heaps of stuttering in 3x speed mode, the game is unplayable. Please Help
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 5:13 PM
It is not your comp, it is the game engine itself. good for sims and sims 2, not good for sims 3. get "NRaas Overwatch V117". it's a package file you put in your mods/packages folder. worked great for my game.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 5:31 PM
sirvino - While it's true that the game never runs flawlessly and Overwatch can be helpful in reducing certain slowdowns, there are multiple causes of stuttering issues, and you can't be sure that it's not an issue with the system without seeing their specs.

James954 - Can you please post your system specs? Game Help:System Specswiki Also, have you tried the steps here yet? Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#4 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
sirvino - While it's true that the game never runs flawlessly and Overwatch can be helpful in reducing certain slowdowns, there are multiple causes of stuttering issues, and you can't be sure that it's not an issue with the system without seeing their specs.

James954 - Can you please post your system specs? Game Help:System Specswiki Also, have you tried the steps here yet? Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

yes comp specs would be helpful, but i have run this game on a four year old machine and a new one. it run the same on both machines. i have tried different fixes for stutter and freezing but the only thing that made the game playable again is overwatch.
it still stutters a bit now and then but at least it is playable.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 8:32 PM
Age isn't the important factor, though - a top-of-the-range gaming desktop from four years ago would massively outperform a brand new budget machine. It's very common to assume that new computer = good for gaming, but that's not true - just like you can buy brand new minis which are utterly incapable of hauling bricks, or old trucks which haul bricks with no problem, the same is true of computers and gaming.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#6 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:18 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 1st Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4505410, 4503946
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Age isn't the important factor, though - a top-of-the-range gaming desktop from four years ago would massively outperform a brand new budget machine. It's very common to assume that new computer = good for gaming, but that's not true - just like you can buy brand new minis which are utterly incapable of hauling bricks, or old trucks which haul bricks with no problem, the same is true of computers and gaming.

when maxis tested this game they probably had eight to ten thousand dollar machines to test it on. like we all have machines like that at home.
ps i live in canada, so it might be cheaper in the states.

i have put together my own machines since 2001, and yes i know what my machines are capable of. the game engine is old and out dated for todays machines.

from what i see, the game engine has too many memory leaks that cause the freezing & crashing. just plane old get it out the door and sell it cheap lazy programming.