Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2376 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM
Yes, San Antonio, Texas, an extremely beautiful town that I love very much. This barely scratches the surface.

Y'know, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2377 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, San Antonio, Texas, an extremely beautiful town that I love very much. This barely scratches the surface.

Y'know, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music...
Wow, I live an hour from you, and there's nothing around like that. I'm jealous!
Mad Poster
#2378 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:10 PM
It's true that the whole town doesn't look like that, but if you'd come downtown (the safest downtown in America; crime is much higher in the areas where people live who are afraid to come downtown) once in awhile and get out of your car you'd see lots of beautiful things. Go to the McNay - the parts that are the original house are as San Antonio as possible. The old neighborhoods are all full of delightful little surprises. And then of course there's the weird beautiful big surprises, like the giant votive candle on the West Side. Giant murals that can pop up anywhere. It's torn down now, but there used to be a little white commercial building, a garage or something, at Five Points that had a mural of an anthropomorphic wave dancing on a beach. I miss that. Also the papier mache dinosaurs that one house had in its yard on Woodlawn.

Holey cheese, I love this town. Health crap's been getting in my way of getting out in it lately, so I want to have more of it in the game where I can see it. Except right now I can't even get into my game...but I'm feeling better so maybe I'll get down to the library again soon.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2379 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:43 PM
Love that because hubby is from TX, we go to family reunion every year in the hill country. His brother is one of those blokes that owns hundreds of acres, surrounded by 16 foot fences to keep in the wild life. Different antelope are common, one guy had a giraffe. Them Texans, yee ha!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#2380 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 1:39 AM
I started playing a different game where you build and run a school, and I kept forgetting that in that game a wall takes up a full tile, it doesn't go on the edge of a tile, so all my walls were a bit wonky for quite some time.
Also I kept hitting 'p' to pause it. That does not work.

Also I'm not sure what other people talk about when they go visit their parents, but every time I see my mom we exchange updates about our sims!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#2381 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:01 PM
At the lunch club I go to with my mother, the pudding today was cheesecake. My very first thought on seeing it was, "I'll have twins." Despite the facts that:
(1) I'm not pregnant.
(2) I'm a virgin.
(3) I'm male.
(4) I'm not a Sim.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2382 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
At the lunch club I go to with my mother, the pudding today was cheesecake. My very first thought on seeing it was, "I'll have twins." Despite the facts that:
(1) I'm not pregnant.
(2) I'm a virgin.
(3) I'm male.
(4) I'm not a Sim.

But you could get abducted and THEN!...
Oh...(4) You're not a Sim.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#2383 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:48 PM
When I talk about my sims as they are my friends
Wait
Maybe I should start mentioning that Paul is a game character so people stop asking why I hang out with Paul...

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#2384 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:45 AM
Its too much when you have multiple games open at once all based in the Sims franchise.

Lately SC4 and Sims 2 both open at once. Five minutes to redesign that avenue intersection then hop over to 2 and break up the affairs that occurred in that time.
Now back to SC4 to stop them complaining about lack of medical facilities, Sims 2 again to force the fat sim to exercise to make up for his stuff faceing while I've been away as mayor.
Back and forth. Mayor one minute unseen god the next.

Yes Sam I know that Capital's downtown is burning down. But Tyler just lost his kitchen and I'm currently buying him a new one. Wait five minutes.

Adds a unique element to the gameplay if I can resist the pause button... no no, not a police station.
Lab Assistant
#2385 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Yes Sam I know that Capital's downtown is burning down. But Tyler just lost his kitchen and I'm currently buying him a new one. Wait five minutes.

Adds a unique element to the gameplay if I can resist the pause button... no no, not a police station.

I did that the other day and came back to a surprise in 2 when I found my sim half dead because I don't pause, but I DO play with free will off! Ooops!

AKA. Anora Acadian
Lab Assistant
#2386 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:19 PM
I know I have been playing too much when I can't sleep because I'm lying in bed making plans for my families and coming up with new Sims.
Mad Poster
#2387 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM
*Quits game*

*regrets*

*regrets for regretting*
Field Researcher
#2388 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:14 AM
You've directed your Sims to clean their bathrooms, which later inspires you to later clean your own bathroom.
Forum Resident
#2389 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:16 AM
It has come to the time where people also think Paul is my boyfriend because I write my babe about him...

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2390 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
You've directed your Sims to clean their bathrooms, which later inspires you to later clean your own bathroom.

I was strongly tempted to disagree with this post. Nothing inspires me to do cleaning. :P
Test Subject
#2391 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I was strongly tempted to disagree with this post. Nothing inspires me to do cleaning. :P

I would Encourage/To Be More Neat but I've only got 3 neat points myself!!
Top Secret Researcher
#2392 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I wish I could employ a Sim to do my cleaning, only they don't vacuum or sweep...
Mad Poster
#2393 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:45 AM
You wonder if there is rivalry between the Sim Universities like there is in real life. I live in Tucson, where the University of Arizona is located. There is a strong rivalry between the University of Arizona and Arizona State University located in Tempe, Arizona which is a suburb of Phoenix. While I was driving around doing errands today, I saw someone with a ASU bumper sticker and commented out loud "You're going to get tarred and feathered if you stay down here too long with that bumper sticker." (I graduated from the University of Arizona in 2004, so I am very much a Wildcat.)

That got me wondering if there is a rivalry between the three Universities that come with Sims 2 University.
Mad Poster
#2394 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
(1) I'm not pregnant.
(2) I'm a virgin.
(3) I'm male.
(4) I'm not a Sim.

Is there any reason why cheesecake is the twin-spawning food? Some bit of folklore that I'm missing?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2395 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM
haven't a clue? I always assumed it was because it was a hard to make food, so that it would be hard to acquire it for said "twin pregnancy" so making it less likely and more special.
Mad Poster
#2396 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:15 AM
According to the mod description here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=16.0 according to TwoJeffs, Cheesecake started to force pregnant Sims to have Sims with the Open for Business EP. So if a Sim that is already pregnant eats cheesecake it will always change to twins.

But if the question is actually why Maxis choose cheesecake instead of something else like spaghetti, who knows.
Instructor
#2397 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:00 AM
Maybe it's because cheesecake is so good it brings life, so much so it creates another

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Forum Resident
#2398 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:00 AM
When you sit in the middle of class and yell out loud "F-CK I BUILD IT WRONG!"

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2399 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:06 PM
... when after more than ten years of playing this game, you occasionally find wonderful little things in your Buy and Build catalogs that you had no idea were in there or where they came from.
Mad Poster
#2400 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:36 PM
You are working on your RL house's renovations, blasting your Neighborhood Theme/Buy/Build mode Sims 2 music loud..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 96 of 115