Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Various Babysitter Mods *update*

by dillowpillow Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 12:10 PM - Updated 6th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM by dillowpillow : added optional feature

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kobra1415
Help, Ive got the recurrent babysitter and they never stop coming! My child is a teen now and dont need them anymore...

I have that problem too. I hired a 24hr babysitter and after my child grew up, I tried to cancel the babysitter services, but no matter how many times I call the Services...Babysitter (Cancel) button, it just doesn't do anything. The babysitters keep coming, standing around for 5 sim minutes, take their pay, and leave, forcing another babysitter to come and the cycle repeats itself. The only way I got it to stop was to uninstall the mod. I hope this glitch is fixed at a later date. I like this mod and want to use it. But I don't want unnecessary babysitters taking my money.

The chairs, the tables, all confused
We hear the words and must speak them
We take them, and arrange them
But still... they will not be quiet...
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by njsimmer
Hey love the mod but I think I found a glitch. The mode works great and I like the fact that I keep getting different babysitters but when it comes time that you don't need them anymore, you can't get rid of them. They keep showing up, day and night. I tried firing them. The one you fire leaves (not too happy I might add)but then another shows up and if you fire him/her, another shows up. Reminds me of The Sorserer"s Apprentice...with the brooms that keep multiplying LOL Just thought I'd let you know.

I was about to write that I had that similar problem. I even called and tried to stop them that way, I got a message saying something like "Since there are no more children in the house, the babysitter will not show up". (paraphrased)
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM
I was hoping to find something that would prevent the babysitter from taking off the second my sim got home from work. Generally I have a sitter who leaves the babies in a fairly bad mood (i noticed they'll hang out in the nursery with the toddler on their hip and just stand there until most of the toddler's motives have bottomed out), half the time they drop the baby on the floor and split immediatly, but my sim usually needs some "Me" time after just walking in the door from a hard day at work. However, I don't think I'd want one around constantly.

I miss the sims 2 nannys that came on a schedule too...It's time consuming to call for a babysitter every day, and daily "do you want to call a babysitter" pop-up boxes annoy me.
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:42 AM
When these sitters get hungry they put a meal in the microwave and simply leave it there! and then they take out another one and my sims cant get the one in the microwave out and I cant get rid of the microwave even with move objects on! HELP my sims hate the smell of rotten food iin the kitchen!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:48 PM
Doesnt anyone answer here!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wyntir
I was about to write that I had that similar problem. I even called and tried to stop them that way, I got a message saying something like "Since there are no more children in the house, the babysitter will not show up". (paraphrased)

I did have the same thing, and on top of that, my maid stopped going into houses to do cleaning at any family, I removed the mod til further notice. hope to see a fix, cause it was awesome with a 24/7-babysitter :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:10 PM
The babysitters make more mess than my slob sims by constantly taking food from the fridge and just leaving it on the worktop to go rotten. My neat sim spends most of the day cleaning up after the others in the house without the added mess of a babysitter. they are teenagers I know but Come On!
Those who have the adult babysitters, do they take food and leave it lying around or is it just the teens?

What I do like though is, if you don't like the sitter, just fire them and a new one will show up to replace them. Chances are they will be a little better behaved (but not always)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 12:42 AM
So, my babysitters keep taking quick meals from the refrigerator and laying them all over the counters without eating them. It seems like they do something for one of the babies, run to the kitchen and grab a juice/ice cream/bowl of cereal, lay it on the counter, then run back and doing something else to a baby. Could this be related to the well-behaving tweaks made?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:24 PM
To people with the problem of babysitters never leaving the house:
I just tested this out again, and if you cancel the service from the phone menu and then fire one that's at your house by clicking on them, they should stop coming. I did this and waited 24 hours, and no babysitter came back to the house.

To people complaining about messy babysitters
This mod doesn't modify how babysitters behave while they're at the house. The babysitters' horrible behavior is built into the game, and I don't know how to modify it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:53 AM
whoa.. was going to download the mod for my first set of triplets but I will wait..
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:18 PM
Was just wondering if the bill increase mod would work with "Pay Bills Once Per Week" mod by Silent Resident. I think I'm going to try, so if no one answers, I may have an answer for the rest of you as well as myself. Great Mod by the way, at least what I've seen of it.

- Anthony

"I have no color prejudices, nor caste prejudices, nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse." -Mark Twain
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iLLusion68
Was just wondering if the bill increase mod would work with "Pay Bills Once Per Week" mod by Silent Resident. I think I'm going to try, so if no one answers, I may have an answer for the rest of you as well as myself. Great Mod by the way, at least what I've seen of it.
Sorry, but the bill increase mod isn't compatible with the increased bill flavor. If you have both installed, bills will come either once a week or they will be of the higher rate. Both will not work at the same time.

To get both a bill increase and once a week billing, download a version of the mod without the bill increase and download the lumped bills mod from here.
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:40 PM
I always seem to get babysitters with family oriented, friendly, and kleptomaniac. ..and i can't get rid of them Same thing. Tried canceling service over phone, tried firing. tried just dismissing, ...heck i tried killing them with the chaospainting mod. they keep coming. -_-
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 9:31 AM
Default Baby sitters can make you go broke.
I just came on today to find out how to uninstall this mod because of the inability to cancel the service. I was glad to see that, that particular issue has been resolved. =)

However one thing that I ran into while unable to cancel service is if you do not have enough money to pay the sitter it will pop up with "You do not have enough money to pay the babysitter" over and over again. I at one point had 200 pop ups in my message queue. This would of been okay if I could cancel, but since I was unable to the next thing I knew my house was completely empty of furnishings as the baby sitters took everything.

This only took about 3-5 minutes to happen fully, to resolve the issue I had to move into a new house on my game or lose all the progress I had made.
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:30 AM
Does this work with WA?

Thanks
Josette
Field Researcher
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:46 PM
Please update this to WA
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 3:39 AM Last edited by ramblingrose30 : 8th Dec 2009 at 8:30 PM. Reason: update on mod
I bought the new exp pack today and I'm going to try again but for the life of me I cant seem to get this mod to work and I'm tired to having to call the babysitter back. And I agree, i miss the nanny. They're alot more efficient on taking care of the kids. Right now I've got two twins that aged at different rates because the teenage babysitters suck! lol

Well I got it working but it don't seem to be working correctly with the elder and adult flavors. I'll try again and re-post
Test Subject
#43 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 8:13 AM
I tested this mod with TS3 WA + latest patch.

I removed the framework during the update to the next patch. This mod is working for me. I have TS3 WA + latest patch.

Josette
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 7:45 PM
Thanks for the mod. Apparently based on all the comments am i the only who has a problem with the mod? When i call the nanny, my game gets major stuttering issues? Tried it with an unpatch version of the game as well as patched to latest version, anyone else with this prob? Thanks
Test Subject
#45 Old 25th May 2010 at 5:43 PM
You are my hero. I thought maids were bad, but babysitters have been the worst! My family has six children - and both parents work. Keeping a babysitter for more than a handful of hours was a full-time job, and even then, they rarely work -_- yay teen girl babysitters *waves black flag* Finally, I don't have to keep calling.. now if only I can throw this teen babysitter out a window...
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM
Does this mod work with Ambitions?
Inventor
#47 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 5:39 PM
No. It doesn't. Should not be used.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Miko09 : 15th Nov 2010 at 8:15 PM. Reason: damn quote tags!
Quote: Originally posted by dillowpillow
To people with the problem of babysitters never leaving the house:
I just tested this out again, and if you cancel the service from the phone menu and then fire one that's at your house by clicking on them, they should stop coming. I did this and waited 24 hours, and no babysitter came back to the house.

I dont think this mod works anymore if you are updated to the latest patch and/or have Late Night installed. I tried the above method to stop the babysitters from coming to my house(as my toddlers and children are older now) and it didnt work. They just come, stand around, and then leave an hour later with my hardworking money, with a new drone babysitter coming minutes later!

It was a great mod, but until it's updated I think it's best to hold off on it.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dillowpillow
Hmm. Thanks for the bug report. I'm not at my own computer right now, but I will be sure to test this when I get home. I have an idea about how to fix it though.

EDIT: You need to cancel the service from the phone services menu.

I tried to cancel the service through the phone, but there's no such option!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#50 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 7:22 PM
This is perfect for low income households who can't just skip work.
Page 2 of 3