Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 5:54 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 24th Nov 2017 at 8:01 AM. Reason: improving my description
Came back to this thread to mention some cc that I used to make realistic closets before I ever had AL. Here's a lesser-known item from MTS that lets you easily create working one-tile built-in closets, with only Uni and OFB required. Unlike a more popular cc "one-tile closet" (which the creator links to and credits as an inspiration), you place this one directly "into" regular Maxis walls---it doesn't have any of its own. So you place it into a wall just like doors are placed, rather than placing it next to a wall, like a phone booth. (Come to think of it, I guess these would do a similar [and basegame-compatible!] thing for toilets, though I haven't tried them.)

The major drawback of the door-closet is that the mesh is a separate GUID than the basegame cheap door whose appearance it matches...so it only has the recolors that its creator gave it, and you'll see that making stylish recolors wasn't so much their thing. But (Thanks to Prah, who accurately corrected me on that in his post two below this one! Please see his, or the item's download thread, for the details on how the item handles recolors.) For a less well-to-do family, it looks appropriate, especially if you are already using the cheap basegame doors. Or, though I haven't tried it either, I just came across this clothes-change closet rod which might be even more versatile---sounds like it only comes in a single version, and you can set it side by side, as in the download's photo, to work in double closets, with only Uni required.

And you're very welcome, gummilutt. Indeed, sim breakfast nooks (plus cozy winter dinners actually eaten by the lit dining-room fireplace and not spent chasing sims back in from the snow-covered patio table, and summer barbecues where the food actually gets eaten outside!) can finally make sense. Plus, when you set it correctly, the vase forces them to all sit together at each time of day (because that's the only place they are allowed to put their plates during those hours, lol), as long as the location has enough seat slots for all servings needed.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
already was working on a dorm. resumed working on it this morning.
started over on the lot awhile ago; and finished somewhat recently. afterward created another version of the lot that added cars (and several other things).
I plan to create other versions with helicopter/helicopters after I get Apartment Life. and maybe versions with a greenhouse after I get Seasons.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
The major drawback of the door-closet is that the mesh is a separate GUID than the basegame cheap door whose appearance it matches...so it only has the recolors that its creator gave it, and you'll see that making stylish recolors wasn't so much their thing. But for a less well-to-do family, it looks appropriate, especially if you are already using the cheap basegame doors.

Wrong! The object was actually updated to work with CEP and is therefor also repositored to the original door from the base game:
Quote:
This revised object is colour-enabled, and of course requires the CEP for the recolours to work. This object now uses the repository method, so the door will use any ValueWood Lumber's "Justa Door" recolours that you have installed. And I have also created two recolours of very basic wood versions. If you want to recolour the door, you need to do a recolour of the value door, not a recolour of this object. The clothes in the closet for this object are still recolourable, but I didn't use the repository method on them because all of the clothes in the various armoires are pretty boring.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
Wrong! The object was actually updated to work with CEP and is therefor also repositored to the original door from the base game:

Thank you, Prah! I have edited my post.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Page 3 of 3