Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #10: Vincent's Sim Modder *UPD 22-SEPT*

by Numenor Posted 21st Sep 2005 at 12:36 AM - Updated 4th Nov 2005 at 8:08 AM by Numenor : Object now available in community lots

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 9:54 AM
does it really require nightlife because i only have the original
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 10:31 AM
Wow. First of all, thanks go to Numenor. Second, who ever asked about babies in University...that is called spamming another thread. Dont do it! Make a thread of your own. Third, Numenor knows about the boolprop cheat. However instead of typing it in everytime, now all you have to do is buy the doll. It makes life a little more easier. And lastly, jonathan707....are you kidding me?! If it says that it requires Nightlife then there is a good reason why it does. There are things that are in nightlife that arent in the other games. Such as interactions. Maxis added with university as well as with nightlife. Therefore, if you want to crash your game, then by all means try it. Otherwise, dont download it and stick with the boolprop cheat.

Numenor and Lyric Lee, please let me know if I was wrong on any of this and please correct it for me. My apologies for any one offended.

WRONG!! That's a drinking foul!

"No man is worth your tears. And the one that is, won't make you cry." -Author Unknown-

"Love is the ultimate magic, the ultimate spell, without reason, often making no sense."
#103 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:39 PM
i don't know in whis folder i most copy this file!!! someone can tell me please
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 8:42 AM
Put it in the Downloads folder, like any other downloaded object.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 12:02 PM
Default the master!!!!!
you're a genious!!!!!!! :smash:
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 9:41 AM
Hi... is it just me... whenever i use the modder a few times to max out motives, i cant get my sims to cook any food... can someone tell me if this is coz of the modder thing or is something wrong somewhere? Thanx loads for any response
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 2:01 PM
I'm not sure, but I think I've read around that sometimes maxing out all motives prevents the game from computing correctly the list of the "cook-able" dishes for that sim...
Try lowering the motives (by hand, using the testing cheats, or just waiting for them to go down by themselves).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#108 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 5:59 PM
Numenor, thanx for ur reply.... done tht, to the point whr the sims wld go stuff themselves from the fridge, still can't seem to cook, or snack... tried rebooting the pc even, but it dsnt seem to help... so, its not juz me then? kept thinkin thr's somthin wrong with my computer or my game....
#109 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 10:47 AM
Jeah! This is cool, but i don't need this.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitelilies_2002
Numenor, thanx for ur reply.... done tht, to the point whr the sims wld go stuff themselves from the fridge, still can't seem to cook, or snack... tried rebooting the pc even, but it dsnt seem to help... so, its not juz me then? kept thinkin thr's somthin wrong with my computer or my game....

First off, you'd better remove temporarily *all* the hacks from your downloads (better to remove *the whole* Download folder) and start the game. See if the problem is fixed (don't save when exiting!). If it's fixed, take back your downloads folder, and look carefully into it (I suggest to sort the files by last modification date), trying to spot which file might cause the problem.

Test Subject
#111 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 5:10 AM
Ok thanx LOADS for helping me out Numenor, i really appreciate it... & btw, i really think anyone whos able to put their stuff out here are geniuses! kudos to all of u
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 12:08 AM
I have the baby thing, but i got it somewhere else, Now i don't remember where, I see something that you doantated to spiffy sims or helped w/ the nursery set "Choo choo Nursery". I have to figure out where i got it form, I've had it before i ever came to modethesims or the insiminator
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 12:15 AM
lol, one day my game is going to blow up when i try to play the sims 2, It is slower to load w/ all the fileds for the game. I would probably cry but i don't know the image just poped into my brain. I found files i forgot to put in my downloads folder which is why some of the stuff wasn't showing up in the game, i feel dumb, i hope the limosine you made will work eventually
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 12:19 AM
oh yea advice to people, a cheat when you use cntrl shift c type in "maxmotives" then hit enter, and type in "moitvedecay off" enter, to max all their stats and lock them. sims low on aspiration there's a code for that too, but the doll is usfull too, i use it for certain things, and the insimnator thingy magig for other things
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 1:52 PM
I suggest great caution when using the maxmotives cheat, or maxing out motives using the doll: that cheat is known to be buggy! People reported to have a variety of problems after having used it!

Test Subject
#116 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 11:42 PM
I just have one question how do i use it on my game ??
do i just click on a sim and a little screen will appeare or do i go to buy/build mod
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 12:23 AM
You "buy" this object from the catalogue (you can find it in the misc/misc section; it looks like a doll); then, you click on the doll, and you'll have many options to choose from.

Lab Assistant
#118 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:14 PM
Will this effect my game? ( in a bad way)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:37 PM
As far as I know, no. But as I've declared in my post, this is an object that Maxis created for testing purposes: they were not interested in having a *safe* environment.

So, use it at your own risk! If you are in doubt, avoid using it.

Test Subject
#120 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 1:03 AM
Hi numenor. I tried the aspiration cheat, "all reward points". I don't seem to understand how this works exactly. First all the rewards points are there. Then I clicked it again, they're gone. All my sims reward points have been reset to zero.? Tried the cheat again, still, nothing happened. Still zero..

I didn't save the game though so that reward points will remain. I'm just a little confused in using the cheat. thanks.
Test Subject
#121 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 5:52 PM
Has anyone tried this with all expansion packs? Original, Uni, NL, OFB? I'm going to try it with them all, I hope it works!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:02 PM
As said in the main post, you MUST have at least Nightlife in order to use this hacked object. I have tested with NL + OFB and it works.

In any other game configuration it won't work.

#123 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 11:32 AM
I have NL, & I alreade put it in the Download folder, but it's not work?! How can I solve it?!

& I only have Original, NL & Uni ... does it any matter?!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 10:11 PM
Do you have other Punto in your game? Older non-recolourable ones?

Lab Assistant
#125 Old 26th May 2006 at 3:02 AM
I was playing one of my families and my game was fine, I bought the baby and placed it on my lot and my game froze, I know that if you delete a hack while in use it could cause problems...but now any new or previous families after a few mins of playing my game freezes up on me.
(I have way over min. requirements and an excellent vid. card) so its not that just FYI!
Any suggestions Numenor?

Thanks & hope you can help!

~Wendy~
.::Please Come Join My Forum::.
.::With The Lights Out::.
Page 5 of 7