Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:02 AM
How to place objects on OSMP? Help? Sims 2
I'm not exactly sure how to explain this but there's this decoration object that i downloaded that i'm trying to put on an OSMP. it was a 2 tiled object. I changed the number of tiles the object uses with SimPE and this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/t/242079

but im still not able to paste it on an OSMP, can someone please tell me what I have to modify in SimPE so I can put it on an osmp?
please help.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:20 AM
First, I would make sure that you can place the object normally since you reduced the grid size. As you may have noticed, multi-tiled objects do not seem to fit into slots. If your object cannot be placed normally, there may be other issues preventing it from being placed.

Second, I would check the placement flags, the object's "weight", and the OMSP's support strength. Read more here.
If you are still having trouble, you are certainly welcome to post the object here and someone might could take a look at it

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
First, I would make sure that you can place the object normally since you reduced the grid size. As you may have noticed, multi-tiled objects do not seem to fit into slots. If your object cannot be placed normally, there may be other issues preventing it from being placed.

Second, I would check the placement flags, the object's "weight", and the OMSP's support strength. Read more here.
If you are still having trouble, you are certainly welcome to post the object here and someone might could take a look at it

that tutorial was just a little confusing. but here's the object: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...bell/id/845106/

i'm still going to try to figure it out though, but i think i need some help

EDIT:
ok, i read through that post again and i found the BHAV for the object in SimPe. i know i have to change some setting but im not exactly sure which settings I have to change... so i do need help...
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:00 AM
I would need to see your version of the object to see what changes you have made. If you click the "Go Advanced" button, you should see options for attaching a file to this thread. It would also help to know what OMSP you are using.

Tumblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:50 AM
I would need to see your version of the object to see what changes you have made. If you click the "Go Advanced" button, you should see options for attaching a file to this thread. It would also help to know what OMSP you are using.

i attached my modified version

and these are the osmps I'm using: http://modthesims.info/d/325570
Attached files:
File Type: rar  beos_clubBeos200KiloBarbellMESHJoeWinkoFix.rar (200.3 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:11 AM
Thanks. Okay, my speculation is that even the object is in effect one-tile, the game may still be treating it as multi-tile since the Master OBJD and the Lead Tile are not the same. So I set out to make the object use only one OBJD.

First, I chose what OBJD was going to remain. The Master OBJD is generally the one without coordinate numbers as part of its name; in this case, it's the OBJD named "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell" and not the "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell (0,0)." But to make certain, I looked at the MMAT (Material Override) to see what GUID was in the objectGUID field. It was 0x00560B7B, which matches the GUID in the "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell" OBJD. So I deleted the "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell (0,0)" OBJD.

Then, I opened up a one-tile object to look at its "Mesh & Graphics" values in the "RAW Data" tab in the OBJD. In our remaining OBJD, I set 0x000A: Multi-Tile sub index to 0. I don't know what 0x004D footprint mask does, but in the one-tile object, it had a value of 0. I didn't see much difference between 0 and the 30583 that was currently there.

Finally, make sure the appropriate "allowed height flags" are set in the "init" BHAV (not the "init common" BHAV) since that is what is being called according to the OBJF.

Of course, a completely different approach is clone an existing 1-tile object that will work and replace its mesh and texture with that of the multi-tile object.

Tumblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Prime : 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:05 PM.
Thanks. Okay, my speculation is that even the object is in effect one-tile, the game may still be treating it as multi-tile since the Master OBJD and the Lead Tile are not the same. So I set out to make the object use only one OBJD.

First, I chose what OBJD was going to remain. The Master OBJD is generally the one without coordinate numbers as part of its name; in this case, it's the OBJD named "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell" and not the "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell (0,0)." But to make certain, I looked at the MMAT (Material Override) to see what GUID was in the objectGUID field. It was 0x00560B7B, which matches the GUID in the "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell" OBJD. So I deleted the "Sculpture - 200 Kilo Barbell (0,0)" OBJD.

Then, I opened up a one-tile object to look at its "Mesh & Graphics" values in the "RAW Data" tab in the OBJD. In our remaining OBJD, I set 0x000A: Multi-Tile sub index to 0. I don't know what 0x004D footprint mask does, but in the one-tile object, it had a value of 0. I didn't see much difference between 0 and the 30583 that was currently there.

Finally, make sure the appropriate "allowed height flags" are set in the "init" BHAV (not the "init common" BHAV) since that is what is being called according to the OBJF.

Of course, a completely different approach is clone an existing 1-tile object that will work and replace its mesh and texture with that of the multi-tile object.

ok, so im a bit confused.
so you already changed it?
or where u telling me what I had to do? and im not very experienced with creating/modifying objects in the sims 2 but im gonna try to figure it out i kinda understand the instructions somewhat

**UPDATE**

I tried following your instructions. I didnt really understand them but i think i did something wrong...
I recorded a video of everything i did though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLYCtd_Jh_Y

but when i loaded up the game the object didn't show up in buy mode.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:20 PM
Okay. This time I have time to include screenshots.

I first ensured I was deleting the right OBJD by checking the MMAT.

We will delete the OBJD that does not have this GUID.

Here I have the OBJDs for the barbell (left) and one of the OMSPs (right) objects. I have already deleted unneeded OBJD. Note that I have set the view to be Decimal numbers for convenience.

The highlighted values in yellow were what I was talking about. I do not know what the footprint mask does, but I set the Multi-tile master id and Multi-Tile sub index to 0.
Commit and Save.

I then checked OBJF to see what BHAV was being called for the init function.

0x0002. So let's look at that.

Initially you see what is on the left. But if you click the "Sort" button, you will have what's on the right.

Select that last node 0x3 (3): [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x001B (weight) := Literal 0x0002). Now, I have the "Special Buttons" checkbox checked which gives me the the "Ins/true" ("Insert via true") and "Ins/false" ("Insert via false") buttons. These will add nodes linked to the currently selected node by either the True path or the False path (depending upon which button you pressed).

So after selecting that last node, I first clicked the "Ins/true" button. Then on the new node (0x4), I clicked the little button with the tools graphic to open the wizard. You will then see the little pop-up like #3 in the picture below.

If you click on the dropdown that says "ground" you should see the different options. You can set as many of the allowed height flags as you want: just select an option, click "Okay", and repeat the process of adding a new node for the next allowed height flag. Commit and Save.

Attached is my version. I only set the Allowed height flag for end tables.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  beos_clubBeos200KiloBarbellMESH.7z (134.6 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Tumblr