Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:16 PM
Sims won't change out of swimwear....ever!
I am so tired of this, is anyone looking into making a mod about no more random swimming, or change out of swim wear? It's gotten to the point where i've just made their swim wear regular outfits.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:29 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the updates made to Stickyclothes to prevent Sims from dying in the pool. Do you have this mod installed?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:09 PM
I find this mod by Shimrod to be a lifesaver for just this reason. This way when bros guests flock to my Sims' house to use their pool, or their exercise equipment for that matter, I can switch them back to everyday. Also useful for changing them back when they show up in their Party wear with the Sombrero Of Pointing And Laughing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I wonder if it has anything to do with the updates made to Stickyclothes to prevent Sims from dying in the pool. Do you have this mod installed?

But I don't even have that mod. >w<
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
I find this mod by Shimrod to be a lifesaver for just this reason. This way when bros guests flock to my Sims' house to use their pool, or their exercise equipment for that matter, I can switch them back to everyday. Also useful for changing them back when they show up in their Party wear with the Sombrero Of Pointing And Laughing.

lol xD Thanks for the mod ref. unfortunately that's not really solving my issue. I'm talking about my active sim family. they just walk around in their bathing suits all the time. -_-
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 2:52 AM
That's strange. I haven't heard of a bug like this. Nevertheless the same mod I mentioned should work on playable Sims too, though it works better if you have a different Sim selected than the one whose clothes you want to change.

I'm unfamiliar with the Sticky Clothes mod, but it's been mentioned in at least one other recent thread. Apparently it's a troublemaker.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:11 AM
That's strange. I haven't heard of a bug like this. Nevertheless the same mod I mentioned should work on playable Sims too, though it works better if you have a different Sim selected than the one whose clothes you want to change.

I'm unfamiliar with the Sticky Clothes mod, but it's been mentioned in at least one other recent thread. Apparently it's a troublemaker.

I'm actually new to the forum, but i don't use the SC mod either xD
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:16 PM Last edited by cypher27 : 5th Mar 2015 at 3:33 PM.

It was... Not anymore. It has been fixed. The problem was, that sims weren't able to leave a pool. With the new version this problem is gone. I'm using this mod and never had any issues like the OP described. So it isn't a troublemaker...

And yes, the "Change outfit" mod by shimrod is useable on played sims. Even when the game is paused. So if your sim is doing an expression, which you would like to capture but you are not satisfied with its clothes - just change them. The sim won't move an inch.
Theorist
#9 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cypher27
It was... Not anymore. It has been fixed. The problem was, that sims weren't able to leave a pool. With the new version this problem is gone. I'm using this mod and never had any issues like the OP described. So it isn't a troublemaker...

I never suggested it was. I just thought it was funny for a glitch involving the swimwear outfit to appear so soon after the Sticky Clothes mod was updated to prevent it's previous glitch of not being able to get out of the pool. Which is why I was curious. But it was just correlation, not causation.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I never suggested it was. I just thought it was funny for a glitch involving the swimwear outfit to appear so soon after the Sticky Clothes mod was updated to prevent it's previous glitch of not being able to get out of the pool. Which is why I was curious. But it was just correlation, not causation.

Sorry, I didn't meant to be rude in any way. There was also a "" at the end of my post. Maybe I got the meaning of your post a bit wrong...