Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12301 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 6:21 PM
WW lets you open all files in a folder, which means you have a list. So you click the one you want, and then click both as gender option, and save. Three clicks per file, which to me is less work than doing it in SimPE. Easier to get into a rhythm since it doesn't involve writing, and opening file after file.
Advertisement
Inventor
#12302 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 6:52 PM
To each her own. I like using SimPE only 'cause I managed to mess up a set of files using WW. At least with SimPE I know what I'm looking at and am less prone to stupid mistakes. That and I can usually figure out how to fix them in there. That reminds me, I need to go work on fixing those earrings... ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Instructor
#12303 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 8:35 PM
Ghosts wake up sleeping Sims - didn't know this.

Also, they just have to be in the room, they don't have to scare them.
Field Researcher
#12304 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:35 PM
I learned how to use SimPE to recategorize Maxis clothing, hide let's say 4 of 6 coats in one set, and use default replacements on the remaining two. It takes time because there's so much I want to change but it's worth it.
Scholar
#12305 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:53 PM
I don't have Wardrobe Wrangler installed on my current computer, so I was using SimPE Can Wardrobe Wrangler change gender usage on accessories? There's some that I'd love to make available for everyone and I couldn't find the option in SimPE for those.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Inventor
#12306 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:30 AM
@Aegagropilon: Yes, it's possible, but be aware that males and females teen and up use different sized meshes, thus need different meshes for accessories. So simply enabling a woman's accessory for men might not work as it will be placed differently. Also be careful in assigning the gender, using Wardrobe Wrangler is how I borked up my Plumbob Earrings, which is why I haven't released them for all ages just yet. (Haven't had the patience to fix them all. It's a lot of files.) You should be able to find it in SimPE though, it'll be in the Property Set, on the line "gender." The last digit will tell you which gender it's for. 1 is female, 2 is male, and 3 is both.

On topic: A sim in Uni who goes to his/her final exam will satisfy the "Go to Class" want. ~VP

Scholar
#12307 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
@Aegagropilon: Yes, it's possible, but be aware that males and females teen and up use different sized meshes, thus need different meshes for accessories. So simply enabling a woman's accessory for men might not work as it will be placed differently. Also be careful in assigning the gender, using Wardrobe Wrangler is how I borked up my Plumbob Earrings, which is why I haven't released them for all ages just yet. (Haven't had the patience to fix them all. It's a lot of files.) You should be able to find it in SimPE though, it'll be in the Property Set, on the line "gender." The last digit will tell you which gender it's for. 1 is female, 2 is male, and 3 is both.

On topic: A sim in Uni who goes to his/her final exam will satisfy the "Go to Class" want. ~VP

Thank you! I couldn't find the property set for the particular accessories I wanted with SimPE, and now I'm glad that I didn't. SimPE (and Wardrobe Wrangler) are a bit like the Mines of Moria, it seems: it's possible to dig too deep and unleash glitches the size of balrogs :P

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Inventor
#12308 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:24 PM
I discovered that it's been a long time since I played inside an accessory file. To alter gender, you actually need to be in the Mesh Overlay XML (XMOL). That's where the gender line is. Just make sure you're in the right one for the age you're adjusting. ~VP

Mad Poster
#12309 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 6:54 AM
I discovered that if you send only part of a household on vacation, other families on vacation can meet the household members you didn't send on vacation community lots! Frank and Mark Munny took their respective brides on honeymoons to Three Lakes. Mark, who moved back in with their parents Ernest and Sage Ann and will be living there permanently, took his wife Marsha to stay at the cabins in Three Lakes, without his parents. Frank and Amanda Munny, who moved across the street after the wedding, went primitive camping on a lakefront property Frank bought. While Frank and Amanda were at the Smooth Rock Spa, Ernest came walking onto the lot - as did, more expectedly, Mark and Marsha. So they made a casual group and went to the logrolling place, where they ran into Sage Ann. So she got into the casual group, too, and they all went back to the lakefront property to eat catfish!

Obviously, Ernest had a business trip and brought Sage Ann along, but they're staying at a different hotel so as not to cramp the young folks' style.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#12310 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 12:17 PM
Just because you use "boolprop driveonright false" in the neighborhood view, the driveways will still behave as if your sims are driving on the right. (Granted, it's understandable and I had a feeling it wouldn't change anything. But still. I was excited.)

This bothers me to a tremendous amount.
Mad Poster
#12311 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 4:38 PM
Do you mean the driveway or the car portals? You could easily switch the car portals around so they're on the other side of the road. You just need inge's portal revealer. The driveway of course though you're stuck with because it can't reverse the animation.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#12312 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM
The portal. I never knew there was a mod for that kind of stuff.
Mad Poster
#12313 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:38 PM
Mad Poster
#12314 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:52 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd Aug 2014 at 9:46 AM. Reason: Just spotted a typo
If you want your wedding guests to actually be there for your wedding, don't let them anywhere near your hot tub until after the ceremony!
Mad Poster
#12315 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 12:19 AM
Oh, but it does such great things for the party score!

Put the wedding arch up front, the hot tub (or bubble blower or whatever) around back, and get married as soon as people arrive. That'll get their attention. And then, let the good times roll!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#12316 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:00 AM
I've been noticing lately that a secondary aspiration seems to override the main, not totally but enough to curb some of the wants that continually show up. I moved a female elder into a brand new apartment house I built and her wants were pretty much not going to be fulfilled. Once I gave her knowledge as a second, she constantly rolled wants to gain skills. I've seen this happen on other sims too. It kinda mellows them out a bit and they don't have a one track mind.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#12317 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yesterday at work a coworker and I were discussing how languages have distinct patterns and sounds to them, so even if you don't speak a word of French, for instance, you can tell if that's what someone is speaking. Same for Japanese, same for Russian, same for Arabic, same for just about every widespread language used today in the world. Furthermore, even if you don't recognize the language itself, you can usually tell what part of the world it's from by some of the broader characteristics- Oriental languages sound different from European languages sound different from African languages, etc.

Thinking about this conversation when I was playing the Sims today, I noticed that Simlish, even if there's not a single "real word" in it, is very clearly a European language. Think about it the next time you're playing- the vowel and consonant patterns are European, the accents are European, even the length of words is more European than other parts of the world.

Seems like the kind of thing people could spend way too much time analyzing... we'll see if I turn out to be one of those people!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#12318 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 2:18 PM
The simlish accent is very clearly North American to my ear! But you're right that it sounds like a European language. They used parts of Greek and Russian apparently.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12319 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 12:38 AM
That one of my face presets have elven ears. This I discovered after spending half an hour tweeking the face to a Sim I really really like. Grr.
Scholar
#12320 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:24 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:31 AM.
I knew TS2 vampires were weak against the sun, but I didn't expect them to be that weak...I had him answer the door for the pizza deliveryman because everyone else was busy, and FOOSH! My motives were trashed and mood was red - meaning he's in Survivalist Couch Potato mode.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Alchemist
#12321 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:12 AM
I'm playing in Strangetown and noticed that somewhere in the house (probably in the kitchen or the bathroom) you could hear a dripping sound! Like it was leaking from the tap '' drip .. drop .. drip ''.

It's all about the tiny details
Mad Poster
#12322 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 9:45 AM
I opened Veronaville and there were two hot air balloons floating over the town. I've never seen more than one at a time before.
Scholar
#12323 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM
I discovered that Brandi Broke-Don Lothario-and Malcolm Landgraab IV is a great love triangle.
Mad Poster
#12324 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:46 PM
That a Sim you made can be really great in Bodyshop, and then look completely different (and no longer all that great) in game. CAS facials really ruin things. Lesson learned; Always make new Sims in BS. More sliders, and no annoying facial expressions or animations to ruin it (I know there are mods, but they never really worked for me).
Theorist
#12325 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Yesterday at work a coworker and I were discussing how languages have distinct patterns and sounds to them, so even if you don't speak a word of French, for instance, you can tell if that's what someone is speaking. Same for Japanese, same for Russian, same for Arabic, same for just about every widespread language used today in the world. Furthermore, even if you don't recognize the language itself, you can usually tell what part of the world it's from by some of the broader characteristics- Oriental languages sound different from European languages sound different from African languages, etc.

Thinking about this conversation when I was playing the Sims today, I noticed that Simlish, even if there's not a single "real word" in it, is very clearly a European language. Think about it the next time you're playing- the vowel and consonant patterns are European, the accents are European, even the length of words is more European than other parts of the world.

Seems like the kind of thing people could spend way too much time analyzing... we'll see if I turn out to be one of those people!

It's an OCD thing with me to notice odd little things and analyze what's going on, lol. Anyway, I've noticed the languages vary depending on what their doing. For instance, dining at a nice restaurant sounds either French or Italian to me. Yet some things sound american english. Like a female on the career body thingy, when she falls near the end will say 'screw this'. I've heard other funny comments too. I love hearing them talk and still occasionally hear comments that sound familiar. Different genders and ages all have their own comments for the same things.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 493 of 619