Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#16976 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:11 AM
Debby, "cleared" how exactly?
It's selling graves that's bad.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16977 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:39 PM
I use the sim blender and was trying to get an annoying guest to leave and accidently clicked the wrong name to clear off the lot. But now that you said something about graves, I also deleted the graves from the House of Fallen leaves. I guess that is bad too, right?
Top Secret Researcher
#16978 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:08 PM
@Debby: I don't think vanishing ghosts from a lot is bad. As long as their grave is there, they'll haunt again some other night.

As for the Tricou/Neengia graves, you shouldn't have sold them, especially without Pescado's nounlinkondelete in your Downloads, but that's something many players did before we knew better. I guess just leave those sims alone now (don't try to resurrect them/give them offspring somehow, etc.)
More info here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption, and do you use Mootilda's Hood Checker? It helps clean the hoods.
Mad Poster
#16979 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
The neighborhood in which you sold the Tricou graves is broken now. If you have a backup from before then, you'd do well to restore it. If not, you'll have to do your own cost-benefit analysis. Avoiding those sims won't help - deleting them creates stray bits of code that will clog up the works, behind the scenes. Sometimes it takes a long time for corruption to become a problem, sometimes it happens immediately. Sometimes the problems are ones you can play around, if you're a patient and invested player, using editing tools to minimize the effect of the damage; eventually, the hood will become unplayable as sims start to vanish. Bear in mind that all the premade neighborhoods, as shipped, have a greater or lesser degree of corruption.

It's up to each of us to determine how willing we are to play with the sword of Damocles hanging over our hoods.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16980 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:40 PM
Thank you Lili for the help. I'm really new at this. I bought The Sims 2 for my son years ago to occupy him while he was on dialysis but he only had I guess what is called the base game. Not long ago I was registering another game through Origin and found that Sims 2 Collection thing and thought I would try it. A friend suggested this site to me. I'm not sure this old computer can handle a lot of downloads and not sure how to use them. I will poke around for a little bit. I have seen a lot of food I would to add in my game but again not sure how to do this. I'm not into the supernatural is there a way to get rid of the witches, vampires, and such? without messing up my game?
Top Secret Researcher
#16981 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:58 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:58 PM.
@ Debby: You don't really need a lot of Downloads with the complete collection, there is so much content included already! I don't know about custom food, I don't use any, and I wouldn't advise adding any to your game since you apparently have a lot of cleaning to do before yo can remove them (see in that link about neighbourhood corruption). But that's really each player's decision, I don't use anything that cannot be simply deleted from the Downloads folder, but that's just me
You can't like "switch off" supernatural creatures once you install the add-on they came with (like vampires with Nightlife, witches with Appartment Life, ...) but you can just ignore and not play them for the most part. Don't interact with vampires, wolves with glowing eyes, and so on.
Mad Poster
#16982 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:18 PM
There's some essential mods that help slow down existing corruption and prevent new corruption from forming. "Nounlinkondelete" is one; "creaturefixes" is another - it will, among other things, prevent those supernaturals from running amok. All you have to do is place them in your Downloads folder - and if you don't have a Downloads folder, you make one. There are mods that ban witches (which can lag your game badly, especially if you're running a bit underpowered) and control who comes onto certain lots. It's just a matter of figuring out what you need and how to get it.

Poke around the site, make free use of this thread, read the information about neighborhood corruption and how to prevent it, read the Gameplay FAQs, use the WCIF (Where Can I FInd?) forum, and have fun with your game. It's easy to feel overwhelmed, but take things a little at a time. Both with the site, and with the game.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16983 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM
Peni and Lilli, thank you both so much. I just talked to my friend. he said he made me a download folder when he downloaded the sim blender for me. He talked me through to find it on my computer. He also told me he had made me a back up copy, (whatever that is) and he would fix my game this weekend for me. He told me to just play for now and get use to the game. I told him about the help I am getting here and he told me that was why he suggested this site. He said there were some very knowlegable people here and very friendly people here,too. Thank you both so much. I will read everything you suggested.
Mad Poster
#16984 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:49 PM
A backup is just a copy of a file. You back up a neighborhood by copying the folder it's in and placing that copy in another location - an external location is good, because someday your computer will fry. That's just the way it is. If you make a regular external backup of all your computer data files (and you should!) make sure that this includes your Sims games.

Mad Poster
#16985 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:00 PM
Oh I see that is why he needed my external drive the other day. Thank you, Peni
Mad Poster
#16986 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM
@Debby1957 go here and get all these mods for your game but make sure you get the ones for your last EP. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4508963

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#16987 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
Thank you, Marka, I will look at it as soon as I read everything Lili and Peni suggested. You all are very kind.
Top Secret Researcher
#16988 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:32 PM
@Mark: I don't see why anyone should stuff all that in their Downloads without even knowing what it does, or how they are inherently essential. Like, how is crumplefix essential and how does it impact neighbourhood corruption, I don't use it.
Lab Assistant
#16989 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:48 PM
@Lili975: Crumplefix is a minor annoyance fix according to the RTFM but I think when I could still find the thread it said that it also prevented VBTs like her being turned in to a vampire or werewolf (or zombie if you have the apocalypse mod). Such VBT being why I ban her from lots not because she's annoying.

Most of the rest is explicitly stuff to stop corruption or prevent your game from creating insane bloat. While it would be useful to be told why you need them Pescado's RTFMs are unhelpful and would you want to send someone to Maty?
Top Secret Researcher
#16990 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:57 PM
Mechanon, yes, I would certainly send everyone to the site where the mods came from, including MATY.
I don't even know what you mean by "the RTFMs are unhelpful", (and you're thinking of creaturefixes, by the way, which I don't use either).

Why assume that others can't read/understand a mod's description and decide for themselves if they want it in their game o_O
Lab Assistant
#16991 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
I mean that half of Pescado's mods have hidden features that aren't mentioned anywhere in the RTFM, if you dig deep enough down the specific thread you'll find them as well as lots sneering at the person who couldn't read the code and figure it out. He also has nicknames for hacks, such as the kitten killer, that a newbie won't know and really shouldn't ask about on Maty.

Some of Pescado's hacks are awesome but I lurked on Maty for years before I found any other forums or sites such as MTS and wouldn't send anyone there without a warning to come back here and ask questions if you're confused.
Mad Poster
#16992 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 4:27 PM
If you don't use creaturefixes, and you have NL, then your game is in danger. Not your neighborhood, your game. Creaturefixes is what suppresses the Master Vampire's natural desire to bite Mrs. Crumplebottom; and changes to Mrs. Crumplebottom cause changes to the game installation files, so that all of the hoods are corrupted.

Which reminds me - Debby, ask your computer-savvy friend to show you how to lock the objects files for each expansion. Locking the objects file makes it much, much harder to accidentally break the game installation, as it prevents you from accidentally making a change to an object that shouldn't be changed. It's a kind of no-slip floor covering - you'll never notice it, but it'll prevent accidents. It's not hard to do, but you're being inundated with abstract information here, and he can show you other things about how the game is organized on your computer at the same time, so you're less dependent on him and not drowning in words from us. It's the kind of thing that can only be explained at length, and is slightly different for each computer; but can be shown quickly and easily with the computer you're actually using in front of you.

Top Secret Researcher
#16993 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanon
I mean that half of Pescado's mods have hidden features that aren't mentioned anywhere in the RTFM, if you dig deep enough down the specific thread you'll find them [...]

The more reason to not just download and add anything blindly, especially as those hidden features we agree on are not necessarily mentioned at all, no matter how much you dig.
The RTFM's contains the mod description (not everything is hidden ), you don't have to chit chat (or should I say role play) with MATYzens to read that file.
Mad Poster
#16994 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:07 PM
Anyone know what the OETreeDelete file does in the logs folder?
Mad Poster
#16995 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM
@Lili975 most here at MTS knows about these mods and what they are for.
I have added links to the direct page for most of them if you need to go read up on them to help your game.

@Charity
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=TestingCheats
Creates OETreeDelete.xls data file used for debugging (used to determine what objects were automatically deleted by the Simulator because of an error).

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#16996 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:54 PM
I hope it's okay to post here instead of to the Ultimate Collection thread since my problem is less about the UC per se, but more about Clean Installer & CC in general.

So - when using the Clean Installer, where should I direct downloaded lots to? I heard it's not the same place where you install your sims but I'm not sure. I use the Ultimate Collection and for some reason the lots I download aren't showing up so maybe I'm just directing them into the wrong place. Same thing with dogs and cats - sims and other CC works just fine.
Mad Poster
#16997 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:55 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think they go in the teleport folder. The game then moves them to the right place when you launch it.
Mad Poster
#16998 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
Lots go in the Teleport folder. Try Saved Sims for dogs and cats?

Field Researcher
#16999 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
Many thanks to you both for replying
Mad Poster
#17000 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
RE: the OETTREE DELETE package file that shows up...
I wondered about that "Tree" also - and deleted it twice. I assume that is all right and it will regenerate; but it was such a big file...is it OK to keep deleting it? ALSO - "Simulator"? Do you mean ...that...um...Sim...name gone...looks like potted fig tree, does all sorts of things...name name poop. It was when I got that (and the BatBox) that the Tree appeared.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 680 of 1000